What is something weird about you?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Kakashi

Kakashi
  • 71 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:59 PM

It could be anything. A habit, a physical feature, a condition, you name it. 

Here is my thing:

I have a condition called trichotillomania. It is an impulse control disorder where i cannot control the urge to pull out the hair on my eyebrows. There are other variations of it but thats how it affects me specifically. Weird right? So as a result I have no eyebrows left and have to draw them on with makeup every damn morning. Its really annoying and also affects other parts of my life in weird ways. Like i hate taking a shower because my eyebrows get messed up and I have to fix them. I love camping but it makes me nervous of how I will be able to keep my eyebrows looking human. 

Unrelated, but I also like to smell my pillow. Idk why.

You obviously dont have to answer anything if it makes you uncomfortable, but I thought I would share because I feel like a freak sometimes and am curious if anyone else has weird stuff about them  :ninja:

#2 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

It could be anything. A habit, a physical feature, a condition, you name it. 

Here is my thing:

I have a condition called trichotillomania. It is an impulse control disorder where i cannot control the urge to pull out the hair on my eyebrows. There are other variations of it but thats how it affects me specifically. Weird right? So as a result I have no eyebrows left and have to draw them on with makeup every damn morning. Its really annoying and also affects other parts of my life in weird ways. Like i hate taking a shower because my eyebrows get messed up and I have to fix them. I love camping but it makes me nervous of how I will be able to keep my eyebrows looking human. 

Unrelated, but I also like to smell my pillow. Idk why.

You obviously dont have to answer anything if it makes you uncomfortable, but I thought I would share because I feel like a freak sometimes and am curious if anyone else has weird stuff about them  :ninja:

trichotillomania buddies!

I rip out my head hair and eye lashes mostly. 

I'm also just eccentric in general. If you asked me to pick out things, I wouldn't really know. These things aren't odd to me, but to other people who point them out. 

#3 InsertUsername

InsertUsername
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

-Welp, I just learned that I may have trichotillomania too, only for nostril hair.

-I have the habit to smell my finger after touching whatever object. Or just smell anything (or anyone) in general.

-I can see color from 391 nm to 745 nm (Spectrometer experiment ftw). That means that I can see violet way better than average person and also explain why I can see the sky more violet than blue.

-I am allergic to water. Well, the actual name is aquagenic urticaria. It's not that bad, compared to other people affected, but it is an inconvenience. When my hands are in continuous contact with water for a certain time (10~15 minutes) my fingers swell up, become white and part of them cracks. It sucks, because I have to wear gloves for chemistry lab (which I'll probably do all my life) and so my sweat triggers this. Also, my throats become dry when I drink water, at the point where I want to rip it out. I have to drink organic material mixed with water to have any intake (juice, milk, beverage high in sugar...), but even then, I sweat it out very quickly, so I have to drink a shitloads to compensate. (To me, 1L of juice is a glass of it for "normal" people)

That's pretty much all I can remember at the moment.

Edit: Oh yeah. I have insane reflex too. Like, I see a shadow moving in the corner of my eyes and boom, I just catched a pen that was silently falling from a counter. No need to say, I am inherently good at pretty much any rhythm game.

Edited by InsertUsername, 24 March 2017 - 11:55 PM.

#4 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:03 AM

Please just don't eat the hair you pick, it does really bad stuff to your digestive system :p

About me... hmm, I can't think of much. I guess one of them is the fact that I prefer not to use gloves on anatomy class. Idk, it feels like I learn more if I touch the parts directly with my hands lmao

#5 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:23 AM

I absolutely have to have my big toe nail clipped at all time. Not too clipped, but I have an irrational fear that the nail will grow into my skin. IDK OK. It's a thing. You all have these specific phobias, someone find this one. Toeinskinophobia.

#6 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:44 AM

I legit have a bizarre fear that automatic doors won't open for me because I'm soulless. Blame the Simpsons.

#7 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:15 AM

Please just don't eat the hair you pick, it does really bad stuff to your digestive system :p

About me... hmm, I can't think of much. I guess one of them is the fact that I prefer not to use gloves on anatomy class. Idk, it feels like I learn more if I touch the parts directly with my hands lmao

I don't eat the hair personally, I throw it.

I forgot to add I have a stupidly rare condition called 'red ear syndrome'

I can't sleep on a pillow without putting a wet washcloth down on it first or it triggers an attack rip me

#8 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:37 AM

I have skin discoloration on my back.

#9 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:37 AM

The Amish peoples give me the willies.

#10 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

love the smell of gasoline

but I know quite a few people that do

#11 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:40 AM

I'm perfectly normal.

#12 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

I absolutely have to have my big toe nail clipped at all time. Not too clipped, but I have an irrational fear that the nail will grow into my skin. IDK OK. It's a thing. You all have these specific phobias, someone find this one. Toeinskinophobia.

They call that an ingrown toenail. I had to drag my limping father to the podiatrist to have them cut one out.  It was about as gross as a zombie vulture.  

#13 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:44 AM

I'm perfectly normal.

So your weird quirk is delusion?

(I'm joking btw.)

I'm perfectly normal.

(I'm joking btw.)

#14 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

(I'm joking btw.)

I excel at it.

#15 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

My Great-Great-Grandfather on my father's side and my Great-Great-Great-Grandfather on my mother's side is the same person.   

Edited by BackRowLeftSide, 25 March 2017 - 09:14 AM.

#16 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

I am a misanthrope who deeply desires to help other people who I have the undeniable tendency to hate to begin with.

Every end of the semester, I go to the local dollar store and spend a plastic sandwich baggie full of change. The cashier hates me for bringing around $15 in coins where only $6 worth of quarters.

Whenever I meet a new person, I picture them naked and which some sort of ghost slowly consuming their soul. 

I consistently lie to people so that when I do tell the truth, it is for comedic purpose or catharsis of deep emotions without being perceived as serious.

If you met me in real life, you wouldn't think I would be the person to have a tattoo that covers a quarter of my back.

I am a good Christian boy.

#17 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:53 AM

They call that an ingrown toenail. I had to drag my limping father to the podiatrist to have them cut one out. It was about as gross as a zombie vulture.

OH SWEET JESUS. How did they cut it out?

#18 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

OH SWEET JESUS. How did they cut it out?

Ok, Cara, for you I got all of the details.   It all started when he dropped a ladder on his big toe.  This caused the nail to curve down into skin on the left side of his left foot..  It got infected.  He has pictures on his Facebook account.  Sometimes I wonder why I am staying here during my co-op.  Might be the free rent, food, clothes and internet. 

The doctor numbed it with some cold spray. Worked a long probe under the nail.  Cut off the nail about 20 percent of the nail to get it out of the wound. 

He had one where it had grown into the side of the nail.   Not one that curves down in the front and grows into skin.

Edited by BackRowLeftSide, 25 March 2017 - 03:11 PM.

#19 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:42 AM

I have absolute pitch.

#20 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

Something special.

Edited by Salade, 15 January 2019 - 12:57 PM.

#21 soy

soy
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

i will never put clothes on until i am completely dry after a shower

the thought of putting a shirt on while im still slightly damp or wet gives me ptsd flashbacks

#22 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, which means my joints are really wonky.

They can bend farther than others, and my arms and legs can actually fall out of their sockets. It's a little painful sometimes, but admittedly it's a cool (freaky) party trick. ;)

#23 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, which means my joints are really wonky.

They can bend farther than others, and my arms and legs can actually fall out of their sockets. It's a little painful sometimes, but admittedly it's a cool (freaky) party trick. ;)

I read either here or on Reddit that overstretching your joints too often and/or on purpose does shitty things to your heart muscle. Idk why or how, but just some little snippet I remember from the last time I saw someone mentioning it as a cool party trick.

#24 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:02 AM

Ok, Cara, for you I got all of the details.   It all started when he dropped a ladder on his big toe.  This caused the nail to curve down into skin on the left side of his left foot..  It got infected.  He has pictures on his Facebook account.  Sometimes I wonder why I am staying here during my co-op.  Might be the free rent, food, clothes and internet. 

The doctor numbed it with some cold spray. Worked a long probe under the nail.  Cut off the nail about 20 percent of the nail to get it out of the wound. 

He had one where it had grown into the side of the nail.   Not one that curves down in the front and grows into skin.

Oh my gosh. Your poor father.  :lol2:  :lol2:  :lol2:  

#25 Kraehe

Kraehe
  • 100 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

I feel uncomfortable when people who I am not close to address me by my first name. I prefer being called by my last name, even without a personal title like "Miss". Similarly, I also go out of my way to not call a person by his/her first name unless I really have to. :mellow:  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users