Photo

Legitimate vs Hacked

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NotAPenize3000

NotAPenize3000
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:05 AM

Is there really any difference anymore? There are tools out there these days that let you select down to the region and generation a Pokemon was caught in when generating it. Can Nintendo's system reliably tell the difference between, say, a 2012 Summer Event Keldeo received legitimately through the distribution cart, and one created with the same specs via a hacking tool?

I ask mostly because I have one of those distribution carts and there used to be a market for selling legit event Pokemon :p

#2 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:10 AM

I think it entirely depends on what you use to hack the pokemon, and what you do to it. 

Pokemon have slipped through in impossible balls before in official tournaments so, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't difficult to do. 

#3 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:17 AM

TBH if the data's the same, yeah there's no way to tell. But people like showing off "legit" stuff anyway, think it's more better even if they're getting it in ways that aren't totally legit :p

#4 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:20 AM

Event Pokemon used to be the easiest things to generate because you could just put the Mystery Gift cards on your cartridge and get the gift Pokemon inside the game.

if you generate the data from scratch there's a lot of things that you can do wrong (like checksums or impossible combinations) but I guess the tools that people write account for that.

#5 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:43 PM

Protip: To avoid any kind of cheat detection Nintendo uses, breed your hacked pokemon.

A perfect Pikachu bred with a perfect Ditto (with the right items) will give you a 100% legit offspring. Be sure to use only pokeballs when creating the parent pokemon so you don't mix your balls up.

That's how I've always done it.

#6 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:35 PM

Poke bank certainly doesn’t catch hacked Pokémon.

I’m not sure if this help anyone but as long as the hacked Pokémon is within normal limits in its move pool, IV/EV, and specials (ie hacked event Pokémon with special origins), I’ve never had any real problems with pokebank or even online play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users