Photo

Gaming PC questions.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CylusRipper

CylusRipper
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:36 AM

Curious to buying this gaming rig. I have a few questions about it. 

I'm looking to play games like Fortnite, FFXIV, Overwatch, Apex Legends, etc. Will this allow me to run these games smoothly? No Hitching, or tearing?

With a 75HZ monitor, will that limit my frames per second to 75? Even with Vsync off? If so, should I upgrade the monitor to a 144hz or 240hz? Will it make much of a difference?

Will 16GB of ram be efficient enough? I have another 8Gb ram stick, but I've heard I need to run them in pairs, so should I invest into another 8gb stick to make it 32GB?

I'm not that computer smart, so just trying to get ideas. 

Side note, I used to have an account here, years ago, but for the life of me can't remember any login information. Sadly.

Specs:

Case :: AeroCool Cylon RGB Gaming Case
Processor :: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Processor (8x 3.7GHZ/20MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling :: iBUYPOWER 120mm RGB Liquid Cooling System
Memory :: ADATA 16 GB [8 GB x 2] DDR4-2666MHz
Storage :: 500 GB Western Digital Blue SSD
Video Card :: GIGABYTE Windforce RTX 2070 - 8GB (VR-Ready)
Motherboard :: ASUS TUF X470-Plus Gaming
Power Supply :: 600 Watt - Standard 80 PLUS Gold
Network Card :: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating System :: Windows 10 Home + Office 365 Trial [FREE 30 Day Trial]
Keyboard :: iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard
Mouse :: iBUYPOWER Gaming Optical Mouse
Warranty :: 3 Year Standard Warranty Service
Monitor :: Asus - 75Hz 24" LED FHD FreeSync
Keyboard :: Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
Mouse :: Logitech G502 Hero

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:40 PM

That rig should have no issues playing any of the latest games at a decent FPS. Limiting factor, as you said, on FPS, would be your monitor's refresh rate, other than that, you're good to go. RAM specs are more than enough to run those games well. Honestly, gaming at a refresh rate of more than 60 fps is really just a bit of a 'luxury' thing and definitely not needed to get a decent experience out of any game. (Although, in saying this, it can be more advantageous in certain genre of games like first person shooters, to have a higher refresh rate). I prefer a higher resolution in my games over extreme FPS rates. I have an Acer Predator X34P ultrawide monitor with a native 120Hz refresh rate and 1440p resolution. It absolutely shits on gaming at 1080p, that's for sure. Just having that little bit of extra 'crispness' in the picture quality is game-changing. I play PUBG a lot with mates who only play on 1080p res, I am constantly seeing enemies from further away over them all the time. (Not to mention, everything just looks that bit more vibrant/clear).

Good luck!

#3 CylusRipper

CylusRipper
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:17 AM

Right on. The refresh rate is something i hear alot of fortnite players talking about, and i know nothing of. I appreciate all the info mate. The PC is roughly 1300$. That a decent rig for the price? It's got good reviews, that's about the only thing i can go on, beings i don't know shit.

#4 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, $1300 isn't a bad price at all for what it's got within it. You probably wouldn't be able to build it cheaper than that from scratch, but then again, I'm not sure on pricing differences of components in the US compared to here in Aus.

#5 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:33 AM

Consider investing a little more into your storage. Pick up an SSD for use as a boot drive along with that HDD, you will see an absolutely massive difference in terms of responsiveness of your system overall. Can't go wrong with a Samsung drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users