• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NeopetsReturner

NeopetsReturner
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 11:45 PM

Hi, 

I tried to pay for advance membership.

The transaction went through but was immediately refunded. My apartment has a centralised connection that might have VPN on.

Wonder if anyone could help on this.

thanks

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2021 - 07:52 AM

If your apartment has VPN on, that's what's doing it. Our system has to have billing address and IP location match, otherwise it will continue to flag it. And it'll keep doing each time it tries to renew it too.

So I can approve it for now, it could take a bit to kick in, however it's going to require manual approval each and every single time it tries to renew if your apartment cannot find a way to turn the VPN off. 

So it's possible you may experience disruptions in your advanced membership due to that. 

This is also the first time I've ever heard of an internet connection having a VPN centrally that it's users can't disable themselves. 

#3 NeopetsReturner

NeopetsReturner
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 08:37 AM

Ya. I'm living in China right now. Without the apartment central VPN, I cant access most sites outside. Let me think if there's a way around this. 

Thanks for the quick reply.

#4 Phoenix_Souljah

Phoenix_Souljah
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 09:55 PM

Ya. I'm living in China right now. Without the apartment central VPN, I cant access most sites outside. Let me think if there's a way around this. 

Thanks for the quick reply.

So I had the same issue, I am currently in the US.  But my account was setup in my home country the UK.  I connected a VPN to the UK and it worked out fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users