Photo

Inflation of NPs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NeopetsReturner

NeopetsReturner
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 08:30 PM

Has anyone kept track of how much NPs have deflated in value over th3 years? Curious to know how much did 1mil nps cost in real world five years/ten years back.

#2 Soleris

Soleris
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:23 AM

I remember it was around 9-12 other/M - way above what it is now.

#3 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:58 AM

Guys, if you're going to participate in this thread, please remember we do not allow the mention of IRL currency on the forums. You can say "other", "galaxy bucks", "shit diamonds" or whatever as long as it's not real life currency. 

#4 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2021 - 11:03 AM

Early 2000s was 10-15 others per mil

#5 Spectral

Spectral
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:19 PM

Keep in mind that supply and demand takes a toll as well as inflation: how many people want NP at this point? Clearly, lots of NP are generated now because of dailies like Coltzan, Fruit Wheel, Trudy's, etc. but I'd also wager that people just don't want NP as much as before. Note how stuff like Wand of Dark Faerie has gone down in value according to JN and our database compared to back in the day.

#6 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:25 PM

Keep in mind that supply and demand takes a toll as well as inflation: how many people want NP at this point? Clearly, lots of NP are generated now because of dailies like Coltzan, Fruit Wheel, Trudy's, etc. but I'd also wager that people just don't want NP as much as before. Note how stuff like Wand of Dark Faerie has gone down in value according to JN and our database compared to back in the day.

Good points there. Especially considering how easy Abrosia makes earning NP now. Why buy NP when you can just use our programs and get your own NP? Or if you decide to get advanced, that's 5 galaxy diamonds for unlimited earning of NP compared to having to buy specific amounts. (And if you get voted into advanced+, unlimited NP earning for free). Only limit is the users decisions with the programs, if they run it like crazy and get frozen or are reasonable humans and go on forever. 

#7 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:44 PM

I remember 2010-2012, the rate was 3-4 decapitated pig's feet per million

#8 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards