Photo

Google Adsense?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#51 Blazin

Blazin
  • 2201 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:52 PM

I hope you know that the refferal link can not be taken more than once by the same IP address (a day)  -- or so the technicality seems, so sitting and cliking them all day will do nothing lol. (Not that I haven't tried prior to this knowledge haha). But it would get you banned if they see some proxies popping up in proper intrevals - so no proxy clickers! hehe :o

I fully support this idea, if codex has the potential to create such massive amounts of money, all for the wellfare of the community, I say yes!

#52 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:56 PM

Sounds awesome to make Necodex even better then it already is  :D And so Hydro won't be in debt anymore  :( I'll click them as long as I can :p (unless if it's illegal :o )

#53 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:57 PM

Wow, no argument at all! Woot, so Hydro, your expecting a reply soon enough?

#54 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:58 PM

I submitted the application yesterday and they said they will review the site within a week and get back to me. Sites I have read that offer information about adsense say that they usually get back to you within a day.

#55 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:00 PM

...can they review us with a closed  board? Or by review you mean something else?

#56 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:05 PM

...can they review us with a closed  board? Or by review you mean something else?

View Post

Thats their problem :( but they will probably use googlebot to get in or something and that is a search engine spider which is treated as validating anyway :o

#57 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:09 PM

So it wont probably be here for another week or so?? To bad  :o

#58 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:10 PM

So it wont probably be here for another week or so?? To bad  :o

View Post

Probably sooner, but a week max. Keep in mind that they might reject us so we cant say that it will definately happen :(

#59 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:14 PM

Awww that sux0rs... But those other sites... If Google doesn't work out for us will you apply to theres?  :ermm:

#60 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:17 PM

Awww that sux0rs... But those other sites... If Google doesn't work out for us will you apply to theres?  :ermm:

View Post

Well, ill cross that bridge when we get there :p , I sure do hope that google comes through but if they dont, theres always other options that we can take :p .

#61 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:18 PM

Well, ill cross that bridge when we get there :p , I sure do hope that google comes through but if they dont, theres always other options that we can take :p .

View Post

Ya if all else fails, I'll rob a bank :devil2:

#62 Hidden.Elf

Hidden.Elf
  • 1797 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:32 PM

just make sure you don't say codex when u get arrested :p

#63 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:43 PM

Say it was like Neotwist while neo_gurl did it all  :p

#64 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:44 PM

Because it is certified I'll close this :p

#65 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:46 PM

But we must continue talking about the moolah  :p just kiddings

Ya I guess we should stop before some n00bs start to spam  :ermm:

#66 freakymama

freakymama
  • 567 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:51 PM

Hydro, I think the ad things are a great idea. I don't believe many of us, if any knew this cost you money out of your pocket. You should have said something, I would have been more than happy to help out. This is a community and I believe many would B lost without it.

You and the staff have done an awsome job keeping NCodex what it is, and I trust in you all to do what you feel will better our site.

Anyways once it does start, I'm sure we'll be able to see and talk about the pros and cons and work out the kinks. And find out if it's really for NCodex.

I think it's fantastic, and if theres any money left over, I believe since you are the major one behind this, it would be awsome to pay you off for back pay, pay your mom for letting all this take place (thanks mom), and the left overs are for all of you admins to decide what should be done. You all put alot of work into this place an d should B rewarded.

As for just all of us in the community...we should all be thankful to just have what we have...NEOCODEX.  We came here for what the community has to offer, not for money in any way.

My belief is money talk should B left out of the community, unless a real need for it to B disbecausesed is there.  Money causes greed and all sorts of misshaps. This is why I feel the admins should do the thinking and talking without us knowing what is being generated.  Share with us the fact's, but keep the totals kinda to the admins.

This is just my way of thinking!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users