• Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:08 PM

alrighty so things that we do:
get hydro on msn :)
something below jr programmer
something below gfx team member
and we will disbecauses open reg as this is popular, our concern with this though was letting back in those who really did something bad to get banned

#52 .:Orange:.

.:Orange:.
  • 1168 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:11 PM

How about get hydro on MSN NOW. :)

#53 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:27 PM

I don't know... there just is nothing to talk about anymore. Everything is spam. But as for what I have learned here...

Swf Decompiling
Artmoney/Flash Hacking
Got me started on C++ (Me and Helf were C++ buddies back in the day xD)
Graphics (Photoshop)
Internet Etiquitte (Sp? :unsure: )
Proxi'mitron
HTML

And much more that I am too lazy to think about.

And- I suggest the mod that I put in the suggestion section in staff <_<

#54 Evan

Evan
  • 2605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:32 PM

From what Ive heard the rep mod is really spammy?  You should make it so like only certain people can do it (like prov and up or whatever)

#55 Dark_Sniper

Dark_Sniper
  • 1726 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:40 PM

being in codex is a real honor and every single member who is apart of the community should at least for the sake of other members be active because if your here for the programs and the hacks the you should be asamed of yourself.  The main reason everyone should be here is to talk enjoy and have fun

#56 Evan

Evan
  • 2605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:41 PM

being in codex is a real honor and every single member who is apart of the community should at least for the sake of other members be active because if your here for the programs and the hacks the you should be asamed of yourself.  The main reason everyone should be here is to talk enjoy and have fun

View Post

Exactly, this is the only forum I'm actually active on.  Ive been to two other "neo related" ones and I posted like once, and stopped.  I love it here. <_< :unsure:

#57 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:15 PM

Hello everyone,

Lately I have been troubled with many thoughts. I don't feel the unity anymore.

There was once a ti'me in NeoCodex history where everyone contributed to I'mprove NeoCodex and its members as a whole. The contributions were beneficial to all of the members, and we felt a sense of pride and achievement because of our contributions.

In the last few months, however, we never felt that pride anymore. It is as if we have reached our maxi'mum potential. Even the administration has changed. We don't think like we used to, we don't decide the way we used to, and we have changed for the worst.

Honestly, how many of you (veteran members) feel the pride in NeoCodex that you used to back in April or May? Back then, we were united, motivated, and aspired. Not anymore. Where did that go? My quest for the last few months was to try and find the answer to that question.

The whole "aura" of this place, the morale.. everything has dropped to a really crappy level. Maybe some of you can help me figure this out....

- ShadowLink64

View Post

yes I agree with that, when I was back at codex , I joined like litterally a week or 2 after it opened, I thought it was the coolest site in the wrld, I was like

0m6 Dis iS de_l337357 site ev3r, 1 wi11 st4y and b3 active, lol

now, I don't know, 80 or more % of members are inactive, I  only see a handful still posting, I think less programs are comming out, but that is understandable since I think we've  made almost everything needed,  but activeness isnt everything guys, its how you post, and what you do and HOW THE JOB IS DONE. I think we've gone through TO MANY changes on neocodex. its like the Theory "U fix it to much, and its broke" :p

thats my speech lol , lol I think that was a retarded speech, I don't know we'll see lol :)

EDIT:

also, this is the only NEOPETS site iv stayed on, BECAUSE, I wanted to see how codex goes through it all,  I thought it was interesting, I got inactive LESS, because I jus get flamed, ppl are like

WTF FATAL U NOOB, and I dont like that, so I go into a different genre of forums now were I'm respected, and how I remember codex :D

Edited by Fatal, 15 February 2005 - 05:18 PM.

#58 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:59 PM

I personally have the same issues as others before me: codex is a crutch. I stay active here when I am a member at other sites, and frankly, this is the best. I think of it like this: <cheezy metaphor> codex is like the neopets cheating big brother. We have always been at the top (even though I wasn't here to wittness it) and we always will be. The other sites look up to their big brother,/cheezy metaphor>  Thats not the problem. The problem is the members. Like ali said, people come and people go, we just have to accept it. Except we don't have to accept it. We can delete inactive members, I mean, ask8er88 came back after we informed hi'm he would be deleted.

On the issue of the forum mods, I have no opinion. Other forums do it, but thats because they are other forums. We should consider whether or not to do these very carefully.

Anyway, just my abreviated thoughts on the subject.

#59 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:07 PM

dude, I cant even express my thoughts or feelings on codex or they go

"oMg I MuSt bAn Joo!"

or they get mad at me, , wtf this shouldnt be,

#60 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:18 PM

huh? I think the newest change in the rules makes it possible to say whatever you want. Check them out. the last rule.

#61 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:07 PM

pffffft they say that, it wont be enforced after a few monthes, I thought they said nothing outside of codex counts against u or sumthing, well I got banned for it,

#62 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:15 PM

Unfortunatly, I'd agree with shadowlink at this stage of ti'me. When I joined codex, it was little more than 91 members, 30 being active. The community was great, there was very little neopets junkies (people who come here for the programs and to cheat, nothing else) and ti'mes were good.

Then codex died. It was resurrected, and lost the majority of that good community. It died again, and lost the remaining veteran members. Hydrogen, being the kind soul he is plotted another resurrection, which the likes of codex is still alive today. Most of the veteran members returned. And here we are today.

3 have left completely. 4 are missing.

But, with all things comes a change, a ti'me of change. Nothing stays the same forever, and neocodex is changing at the moment. It should be soon that everyone settles into this new aura and become used to it.

This, coming from me of all people..Start being nice to others >.> its that drives people
away.

#63 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:16 PM

who left and whos missing?

#64 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:21 PM

Then codex died. It was resurrected, and lost the majority of that good community. It died again, and lost the remaining veteran members. Hydrogen, being the kind soul he is plotted another resurrection, which the likes of codex is still alive today.

View Post

Just curious, who was the owner of the original codex if it wasn't Hydro (I know rdd owns ncodex.com...althought I might have misread your post)?

#65 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:22 PM

RDD and Hydro made codex = ) they were like an alliance :p

#66 Evan

Evan
  • 2605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:45 PM

I think . . . codex needs a new look.  A complete makeover.

#67 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:07 AM

Just curious, who was the owner of the original codex if it wasn't Hydro (I know rdd owns ncodex.com...althought I might have misread your post)?

View Post

From my knowledge, it was rdd who started it off as a msn group. And it was rdd which led codex to its demise twice too.

#68 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:05 AM

Yeah, I think NeoCodex really needs some new skins or something... or a rewards system or more games in the arcade.. and we should hold events on a regular basis. It's healthy for people to participate in stuff like that. :lol:

#69 Evan

Evan
  • 2605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:07 AM

Yeah, I think NeoCodex really needs some new skins or something... or a rewards system or more games in the arcade.. and we should hold events on a regular basis. It's healthy for people to participate in stuff like that. :/

View Post

Yah, at least some more skins.  Make it look prettiful :lol:

#70 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:12 AM

*cough* SL * cough*  *Ambiance non-extended :lol: *

#71 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:18 PM

Right heres some stuff I think should happen:

Get all the people who know PHP and MYSQL and make our own forums. I tell you it  be well worthit for we can becausetomize to our needs.

Proxomitron Team : Yes this be a good idea. I know that noit and Aus are working on it though :p .

Thats about it at the moment. But do not open registrations. I swear the community is fine as it is. If we need new members I got atleast 3 on my mind to invite. :(

Frizzle you ave this type of anger I think hanging over you thats why you mostly get shouted at on the boards. Think before you type.

Fatal your opinions are welcomed. But we shout at you if it is wrong. I havent saw this so I can say nothing though.

Edited by ~*(star), 16 February 2005 - 01:21 PM.

#72 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:00 PM

also, I think Codex should come up with some sort of proof system?

I get banned for sum1 going on my Ai'm and talking bad to members? we should need real IP's too prove it was me, or sumthing better,

#73 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:20 PM

Get all the people who know PHP and MYSQL and make our own forums. I tell you it be well worthit for we can becausetomize to our needs.

I don't get this.

also, I think Codex should come up with some sort of proof system?

I get what you are saying, but I don't see how it would be feasible.

#74 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:21 PM

get IP by netstat or an Ai'm IP getting prog

#75 Funnlecake

Funnlecake
  • 2076 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:24 PM

it'll be my one year in 3 days

codex was cool in the begining.  the programs were not what they are now.  I still would like some of the other origanal people were here.

I think somepeople should work on a rewards type system.  like get points for playing games, getting high scores, posting, getting into private or progger and ect, submiting tuts. then trade the points for stuff like speacal board items or convert them into rpg gold (that would mean putting in and rpg mod BUT NO PET RPGS THEY SUCK) .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users