• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:55 AM

The I'mproved one:

And yeah, I know the text sucks... so does my jpg conversion :p

EDIT: I tried to blur the propeller correctly, but my motion blur util doesn't support perspective-corrected angular motion blur :( and it's hard to do manually...

EDIT2: Corrected a few minor mistakes...

I'll attach the .xcf file... for those who can open it in the first place :(
*grumble* stupid discri'minating board... won't let me upload .xcf's... :ranting:

Attached Files

• Attached File  sig.zip   229.65KB   5 downloads

Edited by BlackHawk, 15 February 2005 - 12:03 PM.

#2 Hanneh

Hanneh
  • 1152 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:58 AM

My little brother would love you and smother you in kisses for that. Stuka Divebomber my brother says?

#3 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:07 AM

Stuka Divebomber my brother says?

View Post

Uhm, Junkers JU-87B-1 :p

#4 Hanneh

Hanneh
  • 1152 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:19 AM

HA. *goes to yell at hi'm* Yey, you gave me an exbecausee to proove hi'm wrong...hes such a know it all.

#5 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:32 AM

HA. *goes to yell at hi'm* Yey, you gave me an exbecausee to proove hi'm wrong...hes such a know it all.

View Post

'Stuka' aka 'sturzkampfflugzeug' aka 'sturzkampfbomber' IS the general name for all JU-87's, even though that the JU-87G series weren't technically dive bombers (they had recoiless anti-tank guns in place of the bomb cradles)...

But it's all :p

#6 Chris

Chris
  • 2235 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:29 AM

good work.. I would say to work on the text a little bit maybe experi'ment with some font colors and effects.. you would be surprised what a better font would do for that sig :p also work on making it smaller.. smaller sig + better font would make it very good

I chose to leave out the background cause I think I see what you're going for with it.. and I dont think I could ever do a bg like that :( so good work

nice job :(

#7 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:15 AM

good work.. I would say to work on the text a little bit maybe experi'ment with some font colors and effects.. you would be surprised what a better font would do for that sig :p also work on making it smaller.. smaller sig + better font would make it very good

View Post

Not a bad idea about that font... but the only good site with fonts that I know isn't in english nor german :(
And I don't want to make it any smaller :p (maybe except in terms of filesize... 25kb is a lot :p )

I chose to leave out the background cause I think I see what you're going for with it.. and I dont think I could ever do a bg like that :D so good work

View Post

The problem is, I didn't actually do the background :( I've 'liberated' it off of google I'magesearch, just applied some filters to it :(

#8 Hanneh

Hanneh
  • 1152 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:59 AM

Don't go technical on me :) I'm stupid.

#9 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:02 AM

Don't go technical on me :) I'm stupid.

View Post

What's so hard to understand in it? :blink:

#10 Hanneh

Hanneh
  • 1152 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:05 AM

I'm Hanneh. Everything its hard to understand, confusing and makes me feel stupid :)

#11 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:45 AM

I I'mproved the sig somewhat... go back to the 1st post...

EDIT: argh, I just noticed some things are still wrong :) and I can't fix now... :ranting:
The color in the spaces between the flaps and wing trailing edge isn't right w\ respect to the bg... and it needs a bit more blending in a few spots...

EDIT2: Done...

EDIT3: Still wrong... argh :)

EDIT4: Hopefully it should be all done right now... ;)

EDIT5: Grrr... my 'fixes' have messed up the clouds in the process :p fux0r it though...

Edited by BlackHawk, 15 February 2005 - 12:56 PM.

#12 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:52 PM

Gawd, no need to be such a perfectionist BH, it looks really good. I like that it's original in the current ti'me of sigs mainly being character + blending + background + text + quote :)
You'd get on so well with my dad.. he's a wwII fanatic as well, our entire study is devoted to planes & guns & books about planes & war films usw.

#13 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:58 PM

Gawd, no need to be such a perfectionist BH, it looks really good.

View Post

Why leave something as *good* if it can be *better*? <_<

I like that it's original in the current ti'me of sigs mainly being character + blending + background + text + quote <_<

View Post

The text is sorta screwed... no idea why, but this color never gets converted properly to jpeg :p The blending is somewhat off as well if you look closely... instead of using a blend pattern I've done it manually :wallbash:

You'd get on so well with my dad.. he's a wwII fanatic as well, our entire study is devoted to planes & guns & books about planes & war films usw.

View Post

O_o

#14 Faisal

Faisal
  • 1989 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:16 PM

oh, I am so late.. :p

but..I can say it good if it was your first try..

Anyways..using brushes really help color blance(ctrl + B) (or whatever you spell it ><) ...blending cool fonts..etc <_<

feel free to flame me if this is a..

O_o

#15 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:28 AM

oh, I am so late.. :lol:

but..I can say it good if it was your first try..

Anyways..using brushes really help color blance(ctrl + B) (or whatever you spell it ><) ...blending cool fonts..etc :)

feel free to flame me if this is a..

:/

View Post

Not my first try... look at hidden's sig...

And I don't think that this applies to gi'mp :ermm:

#16 j0k3r210

j0k3r210
  • 1508 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:53 PM

Hmmmm...... what does that remind me of hmmmmmmm............. o I know it reminds me of my old sigs b4 I knew how to make BGs with brushes let me guess u used filters for the BG and then threw a pic on there then u put more filters then added text right

#17 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:05 PM

Hmmmm...... what does that remind me of hmmmmmmm............. o I know it reminds me of my old sigs b4 I knew how to make BGs with brushes let me guess u used filters for the BG and then threw a pic on there then u put more filters then added text right

View Post

Unfortunately, only the bg was so si'mple :p

#18 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:36 PM

KiLl3r j0k3r you smart ass, I think you should have some more respect for this supermoderator! Your acting like a cocky little barstard!

I just figured who you are, and I am VERY disapointed in you.

Edited by xBullet, 16 February 2005 - 11:36 PM.

#19 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:05 AM

KiLl3r j0k3r you smart ass, I think you should have some more respect for this supermoderator! Your acting like a cocky little barstard!

View Post

No you fool :innocent: just because I'm a smod doesn't mean that I have to know how to do everything right...

#20 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:48 AM

Although he does.. which is rather scary O.O

#21 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:18 AM

No I don't... :lol:

If I did, I wouldn't be here atm <_<

#22 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:58 AM

What would you be doing...?

#23 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:07 AM

You don't want to know this one either...

#24 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:36 AM

Oh, I'm nosey, I always want to know everything. But since you're not telling me, I'm going to assume that you've become a peace loving hippy, trying to change the world for the better by stopping war, and giving fluffy kittens to everyone <_<

#25 Hanneh

Hanneh
  • 1152 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:43 AM

=o you use Gi'mP. I used to use that....I swore I was one of the only people in the world that used it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users