• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:54 PM

The long awaited download system has finally been completed. I have finished integrating the PHP side of the codex checks into the download system. There are still a few bugs within the code itself and also some new features that the administration wants to add. However, we have opened up the download system for all programmers and members who have programs to release on Neocodex.

The download system offers a feature that allows us to approve files into the database before these files are available to download by the public. This feature will allow Neocodex to protect the members of this site from malicious code that any person who is posting a program might have added. Senior programmers and administrators currently have the ability to moderate the downloads system and will be doing the approving. Once the senior programmers get the hang of things and are in total control, administrators will pull out of that area and begin to concentrate more on other areas that also need work.

Please read the rules for our policies on posting programs. Programs must not contain:
  • Any type of virus, trojan, key logger or malicious code.
  • All programs must have a codex check included within them or they will not be approved into the downloads database.
  • You may not post a program that was not made by you unless you have the authors' written and expressed permission and also give credit to the author in the description of the program.
There are more policies on posting programs and I greatly urge you to read the rules and see them for yourselves. These are just a few that I wanted to highlight.

In order to use the download system correctly, press downloads on any of the pages on Neocodex. Once you have accessed the downloads system, you can press Programmer Tools on the left side to access the codex checks section of the downloads system. You will then be presented with a screen that has these options:
  • Manage Programs
    • Manage permissions allowed to use this program
    • Manage global settings
    • Delete the program
    • View program logs associated with this program
  • Add a program to the permissions database
    • Add a program directly into the database of permissions
  • View Master Logs
    • Depending on your user group, you will be presented with logs from all of the programs in the database or the logs of only the programs that you have submitted. Either way, you will be viewing the master logs for all programs you have administrative rights to.
  • Manage global banlist
    • This feature is only available to administrators and senior programmers. In the event that we need to ban someone who is abusing programs from using any programs globally, we will add their details here. Leaching policies and standards are yet to come.
One of the coolest features of this download system is that the ability to add programs directly to the downloads database has been removed. You must first add that program to the permissions database, then once the program has been added, click the red submit link to add your program. Once you do this, that red submit link will turn into a green submitted link. This way, we wont have doubly submitted programs.

Please be careful of the category you post your program in. You dont want to post a program that has private permissions into the member programs category. That will just cause a lot of chaos and we dont want that :p .

These are only a few of the features I wanted to highlight. Im sure that you guys can figure out the rest. If you have any questions on how to do something, please ask :) .

I have worked extremely hard on this download system integration. It took about 4 days to program it. Then a few more days to test it out and beta my code, but when I opened up the downloads system for administrators and senior programmers to see, they suggested more features and while adding those features, a problem in the upload occurred and the entire download system code was lost. This caused me to have to rebuild the entire downloads system once again. This time, it’s a lot better than what it was last time.

I really hope you guys enjoy using this version of the codex checks. Comments and suggestions are always appreciated as making codex the best is an awful lot of hard work but its work that I am willing to do. Lets work together and make this site better than it already is.

#2 Dark_Sniper

Dark_Sniper
  • 1726 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

w00t great job guys :D

#3 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

Great job Hydro.... we all appreciate your hard work and a job well done! Let NeoCodex step into the new era of program creation! w00t, its time to pwnzer :p

I also want to congratulate Mumei for his hard work on the client side of the checks. Your devotion to NeoCodex is greatly appreciated and we all commend you for it. :p

#4 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:56 PM

Doesn't affect me personally as I don't play, but I know you've spent a lot of time on this and I just wanted to say good job! :thumbsup:

#5 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

yipe! I can start my neopets cheating again. I got up to 300k ligit and I got baord out of my mind and stoped. lol

#6 Brad

Brad
  • How about a magic trick?

• 4565 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:04 PM

sexy. *adds to reason why codex absolutely owns everything else*

maybe I can get someone to help teach me, and I can finish my dailies program.

#7 SteWieH

SteWieH
  • 3423 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:04 PM

yea for finsihed download mod! that means Iam back in business

#8 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:07 PM

good job Hydro. I think we need a Hydro apreciation day :p

#9 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:13 PM

Thanks for the hard work man. You're setting a great example.

#10 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:14 PM

good job Hydro. I think we need a Hydro apreciation day :p

View Post

No. That wont be necessary. :p Just enjoy it guys :)

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:18 PM

Yes, Hydro, you are now the Neocodex ..... person :p

#12 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:20 PM

Yes, Hydro, you are now the Neocodex GOD!!! (or one of them :p )

View Post

Dont call me a god. <_<

nice work hydro... im sure once again your mods will blow us all away

View Post

You forget that SL is damn good and also damn fast. I hate him :( .

#13 Funnlecake

Funnlecake
  • 2076 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:22 PM

ill upload my programs soon and start making more.  I lost my promise of making a program a day till the dl system was up at 4 programs cause I acidently deleted the code to my var tester.

Edited by Funnlecake, 09 June 2005 - 08:22 PM.

#14 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:24 PM

You forget that SL is damn good and also damn fast. I hate him :( .

View Post

<_< You can have the mods, Hydro. I'm busy programming now (done with modifications).

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:26 PM

Dont call me a god. <_<You forget that SL is damn good and also damn fast. I hate him :( .

View Post

ok, lol I edited my post :D

#16 Funnlecake

Funnlecake
  • 2076 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:28 PM

is there a V3 ocx anywhere or are we using V2 in our progs

#17 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:31 PM

is there a V3 ocx anywhere or are we using V2 in our progs

View Post

There is a install guide included in the v3 install of the codex checks. Follow those instructions :D

#18 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, install the codex checks and then select "CodexChex3" from the components list. :p (use the guide from v2)

#19 Insanedragonz

Insanedragonz
  • 3011 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:40 PM

Yay..thanks Hydro and nice post you have there :)

#20 acidtears

acidtears
  • 889 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:49 PM

nice job guys

keep 'em comming. its crazy how u guys work hard like dat for us :)

I love it.

#21 AnnaBella

AnnaBella
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:25 PM

I know that it has already been said, but GREAT JOB!

The dedication to this board by the staff and programmers and members is what makes us such a great community.

Thank you.

~Anna~

#22 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:39 PM

this new version is really sweet, ill be releasin my proggy to private members on the weekend

Edited by toxic-snipe, 09 June 2005 - 09:39 PM.

#23 Funnlecake

Funnlecake
  • 2076 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:46 PM

I got two progs submitted now.

#24 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:32 PM

Awesome job guys :)

#25 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:38 PM

Nice one Hydro :) and the other programmers :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users