Quantcast

Need cash?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_HTFFB_*

Guest_HTFFB_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:31 AM

Looks like someone thought of another way to use their neopoints...

Check it out

#2 AnnaBella

AnnaBella
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:41 AM

Yeah, people have been doing that for a while now...usually there is one every week.

It is highly illegal and TNT monitors transfers like that and ices both accounts because usually the person buying it has the same user name on Neopets.

My cousin did it and got an IP ban and a written LETTER from the neopets lawyers telling her that if she even goes on the site again, she will be prosecuted.

~Anna~

#3 Stew

Stew
  • 626 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:48 AM

Yeah, people have been doing that for a while now...usually there is one every week.

It is highly illegal and TNT monitors transfers like that and ices both accounts because usually the person buying it has the same user name on Neopets.

My cousin did it and got an IP ban and a written LETTER from the neopets lawyers telling her that if she even goes on the site again, she will be prosecuted.

~Anna~

Wow, that's pretty serious.

#4 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:54 AM

~Anna~

That's some serious s***!!!

But IP bans and IP recognition is easy to bypass... just use a lv5 anon proxy or a SOCKS host - in either case, if npets wanted to know who's standing behind that, they'd need to contact the owner of that server, and this is unlikely to work unless it was used for hacking, etc... (not to mention that it's possible that several users used that server to access neopets at the same ti'me )

#5 towkay

towkay
  • 445 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:13 AM

If people can sell Gunbound accounts and avatars in ebay, why can't we do the same for neopets ?

#6 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:25 AM

~Anna~

wow that is real serious!

but stupid neopets do not scare me tho I monitered, yes people MONITERED! by a member of the staff in a grand total I have had over 40 frozen accounts now any account I make they very closely moniter me to see if I cheat and they always catch me while otheres get away with it :p so now I am condemned to a non cheating neopets account <_< :(

#7 AnnaBella

AnnaBella
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:33 AM

If people can sell Gunbound accounts and avatars in ebay, why can't we do the same for neopets ?

It is in the Terms of service and rules that you sign up for when you join neopets. It says that you cannot use or sell ANY Neoptet related items, points, accounts, ect. If you do it is in violation of copyright and they can come at you with guns blazing. Now that neopets is owned by a corporation (Not Adam), they have the resources to prosecute anybody violating the copyright laws.

It sucks, but it is a harsh dose of reality.

No worries though, I set my cousin up on a proxy and she has been on an account for over 4 months now. tee hee.

~Anna~

#8 ironeddie

ironeddie
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:34 AM

its funny how they make a big deal out of people doing this on a kid site... and the smart way is to put it on a sub account and do it that way............... unless you get ip bann or just change your ip

#9 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:30 AM

Wow, thats going for £100 at the moment!!!

#10 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:43 AM

Wow, thats going for £100 at the moment!!!

Hey, I'm gonna use the 'multi-send' method to make zillions and then sell it for real money, I'll be the world's 2nd bill gates :p <_< :(

#11 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:45 AM

Hey, I'm gonna use the 'multi-send' method to make zillions and then sell it for real money, I'll be the world's 2nd bill gates :p <_< :(

ROFLMAO. Getting rich off of a kid's site lol.

#12 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:47 AM

ROFLMAO. Getting rich off of a kid's site lol.

But hey, I can get a living off it :p

#13 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:49 AM

If you dont get prosecuted in the process :p (You probably wont but its an unnecessary chance)

#14 Jaf

Jaf
  • 1654 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:03 AM

US $181.68!!!

What kind of idiots are buying neopoints?

#15 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, dont buy it off ebay, use the uab!

EDIT: one for 99999np here: http://cgi.ebay.com/...ssPageName=WDVW

Edited by LemonyBrainaid, 24 June 2004 - 10:08 AM.

#16 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:06 AM

US $181.68!!!

What kind of idiots are buying neopoints?

OMG!!! That's enough to get 10 livings!!! O_o ;) :p :p

Now that's just dumb, u can use some 1337 progs to get that in a (relatively) short ti'me with no effort... someone must be REALLY too rich (on real cash, that is...)

#17 bargain

bargain
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:39 AM

I wouldn't spend a di'me, it just comes all free with cheating O_o
And Neopets is a stupid GAME!!!! It's not like it's a million dollars or something(they wouldn't sell a million dollars, but that's crap).

#18 XenoCyde

XenoCyde
  • 4223 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:41 AM

u needa life if ur gunan buy that for that amount of money lol

#19 Storm

Storm
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:12 AM

omg the only ti'me I ever have 181 dollars is after my birthday and no way in CENSORED id spent in on NP. thats just stupid lol

#20 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:21 AM

even though all the risks are out there, its not a bad way to make cash..everyone can use a little cash :huh: , I know I sure could :rofl:

#21 Guest_slasherX2003_*

Guest_slasherX2003_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:46 PM

even though all the risks are out there, its not a bad way to make cash..everyone can use a little cash :huh: , I know I sure could :rofl:

How do you get setup on a proxy I have Broadband and I heard you dont have a proxy on broadband

#22 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:52 PM

Look in the tutorial section. I was using a proxy just a second ago :rofl:

#23 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:36 PM

why would anybody want to buy neopoints? neopets items in stores are a ripoff you never win anything anyways. if you want np just find an autobuyer and you'll rake in at least 100k a day I know I do

#24 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:19 PM

why would anybody want to buy neopoints? neopets items in stores are a ripoff you never win anything anyways. if you want np just find an autobuyer and you'll rake in at least 100k a day I know I do

autobuyer??wtf

#25 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:24 PM

sorry my stepsister got on mine because I left and stayed logged on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users