Quantcast

Photo

Bettering Neocodex

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:36 PM

I made that suggestion ages ago and Noit aaid he would add it :p I guess he never got around to it :sadangel:

#27 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:38 PM

More orginized download system... Maybe a colour rating on the program names (the list) showing how good the program is for making NP?

EG:
Green = 10
Light Yellow = 7
Yellow = 5
Orange = 3
Red = 1

And maybe a request system?
Again, with the game colour-system, exept green being needed, and red being just a sugestion..

Even sorting the downloads out - having GFx sections, and a programming section inside?

#28 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:45 PM

Or how about color coding for the freeze rate of the program?

or some other sort of system to show the freeze rate of the program.

Edited by Gargar, 17 December 2005 - 10:45 PM.

#29 Daniel ~ Bong

Daniel ~ Bong
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:49 PM

well tnt already threaten(sp?) gzp(sorry) because they have trading/marketplace section, we dont want that to happen to codex dont we?

xD. Neopets would be more pissed off at the fact that Neocodex has like a hundred cheating programs :p .

#30 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:52 PM

Acualy TNT would probly go after the market place stuff first because your using there game to make a acual real money profit while programs just make a fake money profit :p

#31 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:57 PM

YES!!!
I am done approving programs!

Today, I was running about 2 weeks late in terms of approving programs. Those who never got their programs approved were contacted by PM on what they should correct to pass approval. ;)

Congrats everyone who got their programs approved.

And a rating system will be considered. Thanks for the idea. :)

#32 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:58 PM

Getting rid of inactive, higher ranked members that went un announced.
Members over two months of inactivity that hold a retired/staff position should be demoted until they return.

#33 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:01 AM

Getting rid of inactive, higher ranked members that went un announced.
Members over two months of inactivity that hold a retired/staff position should be demoted until they return.

Retired shouldn't be a concern because it isn't really a rank you need to be active to upkeep (once you earn it, its really yours). And to my attention, no staff are inactive except for some admins (staff include Senior Programmers, Moderators, SMods, and Admins).

But yeah, the higher ranked members who aren't active on the board will maybe be reconsidered as well. ;)

Edited by ShadowLink64, 18 December 2005 - 12:01 AM.

#34 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:03 AM

Retired shouldn't be a concern because it isn't really a rank you need to be active to upkeep (once you earn it, its really yours). And to my attention, no staff are inactive except for some admins (staff include Senior Programmers, Moderators, SMods, and Admins).

But yeah, the higher ranked members who aren't active on the board will maybe be reconsidered as well. ;)

O_o Demotions for all! I can think of one or two, but its not really my place. Besides, I'm sure you're thinking of the same people :whistling:

#35 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:05 AM

O_o Demotions for all! I can think of one or two, but its not really my place. Besides, I'm sure you're thinking of the same people :whistling:

Probably. :p But apart from the topic of demotions.. :whistling:

I have a schedule ready of stuff to get done tomorrow, hopefully everything can be fulfulled on the list. Noit and maybe Hydro will be on tomorrow as well. :)

#36 japser_be

japser_be
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:20 AM

nice one shadow :)

and the request mod for programs would be cool :)

#37 Aaron

Aaron
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:40 AM

Yeah I think there should be more full programmers,there are quite afew Sr. Programmers that deserve that position in my opinion :)

I also agree with demoting inactive members who are part of the staff or part of a team (gfx or programmer).

But yeah...good luck updating the board :)

#38 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:17 AM

Senior Programmers are higher ranked then full programmers.

#39 Curse

Curse
  • 1143 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:28 AM

Hm, well...
  • Prune Accounts that have 0 posts and have been inactive for 1 month.
  • Organized Downloads Section
  • Clean out broken links in downloads section
  • Delete very old posts except tutorials and such.
  • Bring back E-Zine
  • Make E-Zine a rank

Edited by Cerberus, 18 December 2005 - 02:29 AM.

#40 stefan

stefan
  • 548 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 07:44 AM

close tutorials so theres no post on them maybe.

#41 Bão

Bão
  • 5407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2005 - 08:25 AM

Prune accounts and bring the EZINE BACK!!

#42 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:33 AM

That will make the download system too organized :p Too Organized.

Just 2 subcategories... trainers and other programs since there's like a billion trainers. xD

#43 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:50 AM

Is this maintenance going to take the site offline?

#44 zachafer

zachafer
  • 1566 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:12 PM

ya... I think we should have like only working tutorials... nudge nudge pete (just kidding). but ya, we need program orginization like everyone is saying, and faster program acceptance/

#45 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:16 PM

close tutorials so theres no post on them maybe.

What if you are stuck :o The authors also love to receive gratitude from members for their hard work :lol:

#46 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:47 PM

Maybe create a security forum that allows for computer security? ^_^

#47 Siner

Siner
  • 1120 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:14 PM

Great. Good job.

#48 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:34 PM

This isn't exactly going to make Codex a better place, but maybe let Xiphos pin topics in GFx section for now, so we don't have to sort through the topics trying to find the next round :whistling:

All the other stuff looks good to me :)

#49 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2005 - 04:23 PM

Gargar's idea is very good it would help the GFX members even more since their community is smaller than programming. :D And it would help me to touch up on my GFX work.

#50 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:44 PM

Perhaps a seperate section for getting your newest work rated for the "less experienced individuals" I know its very difficult when I'm needing some feed back then get nothing as everyone is paying attention to a real artists newest product. =/

It seems as though since its actually suggested that you submit your sigs to the board for CC BEFORE you put in an application for the GFX team, that there should be a more defined board for just that. A place where you can get your work rated and get help without worrying about being buried by the latest and greatest.

And perhaps catching up on adding to the pinned renders topic. A lot of links are dead, and most of them are anime.

Edited by sakura.seppun, 18 December 2005 - 09:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users