• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:44 PM

Hello everyone at Neocodex,

The staff are asking for your help. :p As members of the community, you all know what goes on and what can be improved on the board. What we want to focus on are the pressing issues of the board, like:
  • Program Approval
  • GFX Activities
  • E-Zine and other codex teams
  • etc...
So I am asking all of you -- what do you feel is a major pressing issue at Neocodex and do you have any suggestions as to what we, as staff, can do to help improve the situation?

You can post both your issues and suggestions in this topic, or if you would rather PM them to me you can do that as well (in case the issue is somewhat personal).

Please note: The programming section is getting an overhaul tomorrow, and any suggestions as to what can be done in terms of programming should be made before the overhaul for faster results. ;)

So let's hear it Neocodex. :) What do you feel is the biggest issue? (and optional: what do you feel can be done about the situation?) Also note that it doesn't have to be issues, but can also be things we can add to the board. :)

Edited by ShadowLink64, 17 December 2005 - 09:45 PM.

#2 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:50 PM

More Full Programmers ^_^ Yeah, I would like to see EZine back up again. I got in the team last time but didn't get to write an article.

#3 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:52 PM

Clean out the non working/broken links programs :p

And I never got a answer to my sugestion but it was just a cant because of old download system so how about now

Download catagories for programers(sorce codes,wrrappers...) and the graphics team(brushes,tools...)?

#4 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:53 PM

More Full Programmers ^_^ Yeah, I would like to see EZine back up again. I got in the team last time but didn't get to write an article.

Yes, I agree with you on that one. Our priority tomorrow is to focus on the Full Programmer rank as well as the rest of the programming section. The e-zine will hopefully get underway soon. :D

#5 Balistix

Balistix
  • 1160 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:54 PM

dont forget the render section . :o ,cleaning up all the broken links owh yeah, no more siggy pass SL xD xD.

Download catagories for programers(sorce codes,wrrappers...) and the graphics team(brushes,tools...)?

that is a great idea gargar.

#6 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:54 PM

Clean out the non working/broken links programs :p

And I never got a answer to my sugestion but it was just a cant because of old download system so how about now

This is of course something we should consider and we can always add on those categories tomorrow and add the necessary tools. :) Nice idea Gargar and I apologize for not seeing it earlier. :(

#7 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:00 PM

Yes, I agree with you on that one. Our priority tomorrow is to focus on the Full Programmer rank as well as the rest of the programming section. The e-zine will hopefully get underway soon. :D

Awesome. Full Programmer has been my goal ever since I got here :lol: I aint going to stop Progging till I get it :lol:

#8 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:00 PM

I'm not sure how the programming section works since I don't even play Neopets or program... but maybe have a seperate section for game trainers?

#9 Daniel ~ Bong

Daniel ~ Bong
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:02 PM

I think that private programs should be in the Public Downloads (But not downloadable, or atleast limited). Why? Because then more people will want to become private, and even though it may be for the wrong reasons, after a few months they will have better reasons to become a private :) .

#10 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

I think that private programs should be in the Public Downloads (But not downloadable, or atleast limited). Why? Because then more people will want to become private, and even though it may be for the wrong reasons, after a few months they will have better reasons to become a private :) .

then they wouldent be very private now would they?

And yes sub catagories for the programs!
-Member Programs
--Auto doers
--Trainers
--Refreshers
--Auto buyers
--Other
and so on :D

#11 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:06 PM

That will make the download system too organized :p Too Organized.

#12 Daniel ~ Bong

Daniel ~ Bong
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:06 PM

-Member Programs
--Auto doers
--Trainers
--Refreshers
--Auto buyers
--Other

The public will be seeing the names, they won't be able to use them ;) .

#13 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:08 PM

The public will be seeing the names, they won't be able to use them ;) .

Still whats the fun of that? got to leave you wondering about atleast a few things.

for all you know private dosent have any programs its just a overly complicated plot to ultamently weed out the leachers who are there jsut fro the programs and the people who will acualy stay. :p

#14 Daniel ~ Bong

Daniel ~ Bong
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:10 PM

Still whats the fun of that? got to leave you wondering about atleast a few things.

for all you know private dosent have any programs its just a overly complicated plot to ultamently weed out the leachers who are there jsut fro the programs and the people who will acualy stay. :p

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Laptop, 17 December 2005 - 10:17 PM.

#15 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:13 PM

More respect towards others problems, views, etc.

Feels almost like codex is losing that value as a family.

#16 Daniel ~ Bong

Daniel ~ Bong
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:15 PM

Oh I know. We need a Marketplace :D

#17 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:16 PM

I think a big thing we could do is possibly host some of our GFX tutorials on pixel 2 life and have it link to our forum. However... that would be difficult because you can't see that section unless you're a member of neocodex. But once registrations open again perhaps we could do that to almost adverise outr forum? Couldn't we also do that with programming tutorials? Although I don't know where we would put them.

Although I understand why one may not like this idea since it is basically giving the tutorials to complete public view and you may only want that for actual neocodex members. I don't know. But it's just a thought for some advertisement ;)

I'll post more if I ever think of anything else.

#18 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:16 PM

Oh I know. We need a Marketplace :D

Its been here before...I guess it got glitched and started to become useless after a while.

#19 Daniel ~ Bong

Daniel ~ Bong
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:19 PM

Its been here before...I guess it got glitched and started to become useless after a while.

I really need to buy Neopoints and an aged account since I always get frozen. And I think maybe it should be open to trusted members only, not scammers. I know forums who opened up a Marketplace, and it got SWARMED by scammers.. So I suggest we have it either open to like people who have over 1,000 posts and you are hand picked to be aloud in there.

Edited by Laptop, 17 December 2005 - 10:20 PM.

#20 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:22 PM

I really need to buy Neopoints and an aged account since I always get frozen. And I think maybe it should be open to trusted members only, not scammers. I know forums who opened up a Marketplace, and it got SWARMED by scammers.. So I suggest we have it either open to like people who have over 1,000 posts and you are hand picked to be aloud in there.

Oh, neopets marketplace. Misunderstood.

#21 Daniel ~ Bong

Daniel ~ Bong
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:24 PM

Oh, neopets marketplace. Misunderstood.

Oh, sorry about that. I need to elaborate more so then just assume people know what I'm talking about :) .

#22 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:29 PM

Well laptop... we... umm... hehe, kinda have that and they are handpicked ^_^ I'm not sure if you can really do that legally though... *doesn't really know* As far as I know we don't really do that here except over MSN or PM or something like that. Anyways... if I'm wrong ignore me because I don't really know anything about neopets much anymore.

And I don't think it should be by post count... some people are very trustworthy but have only a couple hundred posts. But again... the handpicked thing, yes. Most definately. But I think that's what private is about here... and retired even more :)

#23 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:29 PM

Awesome. Full Programmer has been my goal ever since I got here :lol: I aint going to stop Progging till I get it :lol:

makes the two of us ey alex :D

-Member Programs
--Auto doers
--Trainers
--Refreshers
--Auto buyers
--Other

great idea gar

also id like to see a battles section in the programming area because us programmers dont mind abit of competition :D

#24 Balistix

Balistix
  • 1160 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:31 PM

well tnt already threaten(sp?) gzp(sorry) because they have trading/marketplace section, we dont want that to happen to codex dont we?

#25 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:32 PM

makes the two of us ey alex :D
great idea gar

also id like to see a battles section in the programming area because us programmers dont mind abit of competition :D

Understood. :p I think we were planning something like that for the programming section. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users