Quantcast

Photo

News Update (december 18, 2005)

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_Analogue_*

Guest_Analogue_*

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:53 PM

How long have I waited to get the recognition that I think I do deserve, and by the comments I have read here and heard, I think that I do deserve it and such as hell does a few people here. I have far supressed the jr.programming rank, I have much more knowledge than alot of programmers here. I am on par with Icey yet he makes SR. Yes he does deserve it hes a great lad and has done alot. But as he just informed me if I was to apply for JR for the first time I wouldnt even make it in because I only have 1 program posted LOL. Well im sorry thats bollocks, if you go by programs posted hell ill go ahead and post 100 programs. Yet I would much rather post tutorials which I have done a great deal of explain stuff that has never been done before in both code snippets and jr section, you cannot take that away from me. I have done my part for codex, yet once again all hope was lost.
As the guidelines state, im not even qualified for Jr.Programmer let alone full status. Maybe admins should re-think the way the levels are given, as from what I am reading Mumei doesnt even quaily for jrProgramemr and thats just propostous.

I think you deserve it. From what I've heard people say about your Ultimate Ab and your programming skills.

but just 'cos you didn't get the rank NOW doesn't mean you wouldn't get it in the near future :blink: You seemed pissed.

#52 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:59 PM

I think you deserve it. From what I've heard people say about your Ultimate Ab and your programming skills.

but just 'cos you didn't get the rank NOW doesn't mean you wouldn't get it in the near future :blink: You seemed pissed.

He's been programming and helping people on this site almost two fricking years. If that doesn't deserve the rank then what the hell does?

#53 Guest_Analogue_*

Guest_Analogue_*

Posted 19 December 2005 - 03:02 PM

I didn't say he didn't deserve it <_< I said he did deserve it.

#54 Mumei

Mumei
  • 3545 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 03:03 PM

Congrats to everyone who got promotions - you deserve it and I look forward to seeing your continued contributions to the Codexian community :D

----

Shabba, I value your contributions to the programming area considerably and I have seen an amazing improvement in your ability - I hope that this continues :D

#55 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:07 PM

Maybe I just dont got it to make it in...

It's not just programming skill needed to get in Full Programmer, remember that. Also, we are going to bring more Full Programmers in as soon as we test the QA system out again so it's not like you lost any chance. Just don't blow any chances you do have of getting the position....

How well you handle yourself as a person, is one thing we look at for all promotions (even after promotions, we look at these things in other people to make sure other 'potentials' show these qualities). Yeah, I know that it's sorta "confidential" in our way of approving things, but I'm starting to get sick of people giving up hope in the future just because they think they are done for and that we end promotions here.

Just my two cents. Also note that this message is meant for all of you and just for a specific person.

When you are Full Programmer, you have a bit of management duties as well. We don't base it just on pure programming skill because then a lot of you would be Full Programmer, right?

If you have any concerns, please PM me and we can deal with it there and then your chances won't be affected at all by public posts like this. ;)

Now change the subject to what it's supposed to be (News Post)

-------------

EDIT: The staff and Senior Programmers have deliberated, and we have promoted Shabba to Full Programmer as well to help evaluate programs.

Edited by ShadowLink64, 19 December 2005 - 07:43 PM.

#56 shabba

shabba

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:42 PM

I duno what to say but :D
thanks you guys

Ill do my best to do my job :)

#57 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:46 PM

gratz shabba you much deserved this for a LLLLLOOOOONNGG time :)

#58 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:02 AM

Congrats shit for brains :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users