Photo

What Is The Meaning Of Life?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

I believe we're here because of the big bang personally.
To say that us humans have some purpose in the universe is just egotistical, imho, but that's just me. For life right now I live it to my fullest and with happiness. I do not try to cloud my thoughts in sad or negative thoughts. But that's how I decide to live my life.

#27 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

Humans truly are insignificant in the grand scheme of the universe. The universe is over 13 billion years old, and the human species are a grain of sand on the beach of the universe. There's nothing wrong with attaching a meaning to life in the form of religion as it gives many hope and a reason to wake up in the morning. I believe there really is no meaning, and we exist simply because we do. Soon we will die, then humans altogether, followed by our sun, and then ultimately our universe through heat death, big crunch, big ripple, who knows. Doesn't really matter why or how we exist, but more so whether we enjoy it or not.

#28 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

why are we here? optimal conditions for life on this earth, and to fulfill our "special" purpose
do we have any special purpose? survive, reproduce, rinse, repeat. maybe civilize non caucasian peoples by enslaving them (White man's burden-rudyard kipling)....oh and save the universe from the zerg swarm
what happens after life is over? you become the same decaying organic mulch as everyone/everything else. Cept bible thumpers say that their spirits will go on to live somewhere between the troposphere and the exosphere.
:D

#29 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

I would have to agree w/ everyone else the meaning of life is 42 seeing as the question is "How many roads must a man walk?" or sumthin like that lol

but seriously the meaning of life isnt known to you but only god who has a plan for us wheater it is to save somebody or just to make something

What if you're an atheist or of a different religion?
Not that I am. ;)

#30 Justinnn

Justinnn
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

I have no problem with humanity establishing a purpose. If our insignificance is the result of an unchangeable universe that we inhabit, then what harm is there in self-betterment by the assertion of purpose? So long as said purpose isn't ethically, or morally (To their respective objective degrees) inconsistent, there is literally no harm in someone thinking "Hey guys, I'm here to build shit and make it look nice for Jesus."

I find death to be the ultimate liberation, personally. Despite my life not necessarily packing the fortitude to leave a legacy, virtually the only trait that shows one had purpose, I find death to at-least be something to look forward to (In an amoral sense) as an ultimatum. My consciousness, my plane of existence, all thrown into the wind.

Edited by Justinnn, 03 October 2010 - 05:22 AM.

#31 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

Guess ill find out eventually.. or not.

#32 neopedi2

neopedi2
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

we are here to experience life as humans and since we are in charge of our lives more than ever before we must maintain a balance and nurture our planet as well as each others. money destroys the meaning of life

#33 DragonEx

DragonEx
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

It differs from people to people, but what I believe in is, helping others is the meaning of MY life. Well, just do things that make you happy, that's life :)

#34 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:21 PM

I think everyone can have his/her own meaning of life.

From my personal point of view, we were originated from the evolution of materia.
The Big Bang, then the first elements to exist were light elements (like H, He), then heavier and heavie elements (C, O, etc.)
And finally, materia begun to organize in more complex ways like organical compounds and finally there's life, wich also keeps evolving.

But I think it was not something randomized, that somehow there must had been a kind of force that promoted that change (god), and sometimes influences another changes a little.
Wich is the final goal? I thinks everyone is free to choose, but we should try to help to progress, if someone doesn't apport something positive to others his/her life doesnt have much sense at all.

Edited by Ziz, 18 October 2010 - 06:23 PM.

#35 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

We all know something though.
We are living to die. Truth hurts.

#36 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

Humans truly are insignificant in the grand scheme of the universe. The universe is over 13 billion years old, and the human species are a grain of sand on the beach of the universe.

IDK about you but im pretty important.

#37 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:28 AM

I couldn't help but noticing that the thread description says "no not 40" dont you mean 42?

#38 googlehead

googlehead
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

meaning of life is to spend time with friends and family and have fun

#39 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:31 AM

Holy shit orange, way to gravedig a topic which is 4 years old :o

And without any further ado:

life (lɪf) n., pl. lives
1. the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally. 2. a corresponding state, existence, or principle of existence conceived of as belonging to the soul: [ eternal life ] 3. the general or universal condition of human existence: [ Too bad, but life is like that. ]

#40 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:42 AM

Girls.

#41 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:45 AM

Girls.

Chicks are cool, but hardly the meaning of life...

#42 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:47 AM

To enjoy what is here and survive to the next day?

Chicks are cool, but hardly the meaning of life...

#43 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:13 AM

To live :rolleyes:

#44 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:40 PM

To accomplish something before you die. hahah

To live :rolleyes:

#45 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

the goal of life is not to live forever, but to create something that will

-whoever

obviously the goal of life is to reproduce and pass on your magnificent DNA

that being said, 99% of women will have intelligent dna inside them at one point in their life.
the problem is 50% of them spit it out

HSUAEHASUHEA

#46 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

Stop the BR laugh.

The goal is to have a 6 foot tall statue, and when its laying down it is still 6 foot tall.

the goal of life is not to live forever, but to create something that will

-whoever

obviously the goal of life is to reproduce and pass on your magnificent DNA

that being said, 99% of women will have intelligent dna inside them at one point in their life.
the problem is 50% of them spit it out

HSUAEHASUHEA

#47 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

As it was told before, each person can have it's own purpose of it's own life.
We are here for coincidence, but it would be lame wasting that special coincidence.
Also, it's incredible how on forums topics can go from being deep to become senseless (or viceversa).

#48 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:18 AM

I am here to use up your air, make babies, avoid responsibility, leave the toilet seat up and drink from the carton.
And the meaning of life is like an individual's reflection. No two are the same and nobody cares about what you see in the mirror.

#49 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:53 AM

I am here to use up your air, make babies, avoid responsibility, leave the toilet seat up and drink from the carton.
And the meaning of life is like an individual's reflection. No two are the same and nobody cares about what you see in the mirror.

ahahah i wouldn't be to osure about that last bit you said

#50 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:53 AM

Meaning of life is to get kill streaks on black ops. What more do you need?

Edited by Andy, 09 December 2010 - 03:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users