Should it be enforced?

It's your chance to discuss about it here:

#2 Bahbuu

Bahbuu
  • 2028 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:26 AM

Our school = you have to wear uniform form year 7 - > year 11

then you wear casual clothes in year 12~13

imo... I think uniforms should be enforced... (but I guess it might be different from places to places)

all my schools I studied in (including my current one) have school uniform

well... apart from one (when I still lived in canada)

I don't know... I find wearning school uniform so much easier...

#3 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:28 AM

Same here bahbuu.

#4 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:34 AM

I think school uniform is so much smarter than wearing normal clothes to school.

Ashley can wear what he wants, but I like to see them both in uniform while they are at school

#5 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:41 AM

I do think school uniform should be enforced as it stops differences between kids and helps pevent bullying however it doesn't make me look smart :p I look like an 8 year old in school uniform.
There are kids out there who would get beaten up badly if they were to wear their casual clothes so it's great for them. In my opinion if it wasn't enforced alot of people would be late in coming to school, by trying to figure what to wear and kids would demand more clothes from their parents as you would soon run out of different clothes to wear.

#6 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:48 AM

I agree with you zulfi....

Kids do and will get bullied when they wear different clothes...

#7 Bahbuu

Bahbuu
  • 2028 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:49 AM

I do think school uniform should be enforced as it stops differences between kids

that too

and I won't need to think of what to wear everyday xD

#8 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:50 AM

People could come in wearing different football team shirts and get beaten up for say beating the other persons team.

#9 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:00 AM

Well if the school had such a strict anti-bullying system, then no such events should happen. I say that each school should test no uniform and check out the perecentages of grades, attendance, punctuality etc afterwards adn then make a decision based on them results.

#10 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:07 AM

Well if the school had such a strict anti-bullying system, then no such events should happen. I say that each school should test no uniform and check out the perecentages of grades, attendance, punctuality etc afterwards adn then make a decision based on them results.

Bullying will occur almost guaranteed, so long as it's a state school people will always be bullied for their clothing no matter what the consequences are.
We have non-school uniform days and they are regularly analysed, obviously we can't judge grades from one day but attendance is alot lower as many people scive.

#11 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:37 AM

http://www.neocodex....2&hl=dress code

I made a board like.

At our school we have dresscode and it is stricly enforced. 7:30 Saterday Dention if you're not in dresscode. After 3 detention its a one day suspension and everyday after that that you aren't in dress code you get the lenght of your last suspension + 1 day.

Dresscodes should be enforced in areas where there are both poor kids and rich kids so the people with better clothes don't make fun of the people with worse clothes. Our school is like 98% well-off so I think dresscode shouldn't be enforced.

#12 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:39 AM

Saturday detentions?! I'd tell em to shove it where the sun don't shine.

#13 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:06 AM

Our school is insane.If you skil a regular DT (After school, 3:00) you get a Morning DT. If you skip a morning DT (7:30 am) you get a Saterday DT. You Skip a Saterday DT and you get a 5 day suspension.

Edited by Toxic Hobo, 16 February 2006 - 04:08 AM.

#14 Bahbuu

Bahbuu
  • 2028 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:17 AM

Our school is insane.If you skil a regular DT (After school, 3:00) you get a Morning DT. If you skip a morning DT (7:30 am) you get a Saterday DT. You Skip a Saterday DT and you get a 5 day suspension.

that's... not that insane in my opinion...

since they only happen if you skip the DT...

as long as you don't skip the regular DT then all is fine

#15 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:13 AM

Love 'em, they be sexy and oh so fun to try to make your own style without messing up the school code. ^_^

Posted Image

#16 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:17 AM

Love 'em, they be sexy and oh so fun to try to make your own style without messing up the school code. ^_^

:drool: Damn! I demand my school let us wear skirts! And bows!

Edited by Zulfi, 16 February 2006 - 09:17 AM.

#17 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:23 AM

:drool: Damn! I demand my school let us wear skirts! And bows!

*laugh* Its possible to make pants look good too. ;) And bows are just an embellishment, there are other options, put them on your shoes. o.o

#18 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:35 AM

Err, School uniforms aren't too bad ;) they usually help give a class to the school. It can help certain people trace through schools in certain competitions.

#19 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:44 AM

As long as they looked cute, I'd wear 'em! Plus it'd make my life easier in the mornings :p

#20 Zero DeLocke

Zero DeLocke
  • 2087 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:24 PM

Uniforms are no big deal. They don't reflect who you are, so unless you have a wierd complex that interferes with that, it should be unbearable. Uniforms look good on girls anyway. *looks at Sakura's post*

#21 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:57 PM

Uniforms are no big deal. They don't reflect who you are, so unless you have a wierd complex that interferes with that, it should be unbearable. Uniforms look good on girls anyway. *looks at Sakura's post*

Damn straight! Asian girls in skirts and shirts = sexy! But the uniforms make us guys look dorky :( Unless we started dressing in skirts...

#22 hoju

hoju
  • 1831 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:14 PM

It depends... I remember before I had a lot of clothes that I like, I always stressed myself out on what to wear day to day, and some days I wore the same thing, day after day. But that was in Elementary school.

So... It depends on what type of person you are I guess...

Edit: I also love. LOVE. Wearing things like dress shirts and stuff. :p

Damn straight! Asian girls in skirts and shirts = sexy!

You are so very sterotypical.

#23 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:29 PM

:blink: After time , I came to the sad conculision that dress codes are there for resons.
Some kids familys might not be as rich as others , thence , can't afford the newest cloths and big bran corporations like others and that might make them feel bad , and/or get bullied by the rich/middle class kids. So it saves a few beatings for the less fortunit kids. :(
-But Frizzy also has a point , if they had a stronger and stricter bully system , this wouldn't happen. :ninja:
Another good point is that a few years back I would strain over what cloths to wear. Jeans number one , jeans number two.Black top , white top. :cool: I would regret my deision a few steps out of my room and run back in to change. :p Thus for , I had no breakfast , full consentration on cloths. Dress code saves me all that trouble.
However ... I never wear dress code ... The teachers leave my friends and I alone. ;)
So , I still wear jeans and pink and white tops.I would wear the dress code 1-5 days a week...Or dress code top , colored bottom. :p

Thennnnn there's the skanky girly girls of the school. :p I remember in grade 1? I would see the grade sixers wearing very revealing cloths. Tiny pink thongs , rolled down pants , see-threw white tops , ect. Sure , the guys would love it :p , but it didn't set much of an example for the little ones. (Me , at me time.) Now there are still those kinda girls , but they only wear those stuff on dress down days. :thumbsup:

Dress code = Good. ;)

Edited by xXxBrok3nxXx, 16 February 2006 - 04:32 PM.

#24 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:47 PM

I don't care, I'd learn so much more if I could just bop around in my tracksuit, it'd make me feel at ease and just feel alot better. Well I'd say give it a shot, if it didn't work out, don't use it. Simple.

#25 hoju

hoju
  • 1831 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:52 PM

I for one, never heard of being bullied because of what you wear till now o.o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users