Photo

Mature Forum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:52 PM

I have been talking to sakura about another board on Codex.

One based about the interests in the topic description.

We do have "Older" members on Codex who can't really relate to Our lives bringing up children etc. So me and Sakura, thought it would be a good idea..

Interests and issues would be

Parenting", "Finances", "House and Home", "Cooking", "Stress Management" those sort of things

Perhaps just one big forum with all of that to be spoken of, then ask for subforums if we get enough response.

And also, I would make it clear in the beginning, "mature" does not equal talking about doing drugs and drinking. I don't want that discussed here. This is mature adult home life issues etc

Thank you for listening

Clair and Amy :D

#2 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:57 PM

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. I have a lot of shit going on in my life (for a start my Mom's in the hospital from blood problems, My uncle has cancer, my sister had a baby, and my girlfriend is trying to hint marraige to me while all of this is happening.) But I usually keep it to myself.

#3 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:59 PM

And those are the sort of things that would belong. ^_^

#4 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:02 PM

We are a mixed bunch here and the ages go from what 11? upwards..

we do need something like this. we can all discuss this maturely and not get negative comments on.

whereas I am the oldest on here..... Hate being old... I think we could all do with something like this

#5 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:06 PM

Well as common sense usually says the older the wiser haha.

But I do agree with you. its beyond a "not bad idea." and ill be sure to chip in my two cents there to boost activity even if i havent given out so much personal info yet.

#6 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

We would like some input from Admins on this too please...

#7 Harley

Harley
  • 3138 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

Would be a nice change, Even though Im not the person to be talking in there because im too young. Or in some people minds "Not Mature".

But it would gives us a break from your old people xD

Just kidding =)

#8 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

I think the idea would need broadening, because stuff like Finances, Parenting etc only relate to about 3 or 4 people on the entire board.. you may as well just post it in GC

#9 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:12 PM

If we do have it Kim will be talking about fornication >.>

#10 Zero DeLocke

Zero DeLocke
  • 2087 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:20 PM

I, too, will participte in this forum if it is enacted.

Edited by Zero DeLocke, 23 February 2006 - 01:21 PM.

#11 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:23 PM

If we do have it Kim will be talking about fornication >.>

Well...THAT can go in GC. You want to talk about birthcontrol? Go for it. Wanna talk about random sex, probably not very useful to that section. It doesn't have to be all tightlipped and stuff, but there is a degree that we're looking for in this section. A place where we can get our answers without stupid giggling over sex and TEEHEE VAGINA.
That wasn't a shot at Kim by the way. o.o

#12 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:30 PM

Well...THAT can go in GC. You want to talk about birthcontrol? Go for it. Wanna talk about random sex, probably not very useful to that section. It doesn't have to be all tightlipped and stuff, but there is a degree that we're looking for in this section. A place where we can get our answers without stupid giggling over sex and TEEHEE VAGINA.
That wasn't a shot at Kim by the way. o.o

He's only talking about fornication because my msn s/n is "Fornicating EggMcMuffins", and he asked what fornicating meant. I told him it meant being friendly, and that he should go fornicate everyone on msn ^_^
Teeheehee.. teh cocks!

#13 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:31 PM

o.o You turned him into an e-whore! XD

#14 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:35 PM

Damn, you figured out my evil plan :shifty:

#15 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:36 PM

LOL..... this is going to be mad....

I don't think it will be good in GC Kim.... we, well, Umm want adult discussions about it, not that we are trying tokeep the yog ones out of it. Yes I know teenagers go through puberty etc, but it's not what we want it to be about...

#16 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:39 PM

But there aren't that many adults here. It might be better to have a problems page or something that everyone can stress out in.

#17 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:41 PM

Well do you think it's a good idea then?

we can still discuss the topics of home issues etc? and it will be mature issues and discussions

#18 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:43 PM

It would be cool to maybe have a "real life" board, with catagories like Problems, School help, Mature Discussion etc

#19 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:46 PM

Do we have a homework section?

I know it will work, because a fair few people have shown that they want to join in, so it wont be a totally wasted change.

we will have to speak to admin and see what they say about it

#20 Niche

Niche
  • 2521 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:48 PM

Yea i am liking the ideas of another board about problems, lord knows i have had my share latley and i just got one to talk to in real life. :)

#21 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:53 PM

A Problems board wouldn't be too far off the mark, for both RL issues and homework help. ;) But I am not quite sure we have the interest for sub-topics under general RL talk. <grin>

#22 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

It was posted in private to discuss the idea if we can do it.. if we can get it done then it will be public

Can we get this moved to GC please?

Actually, it really needs to be moved the the "Suggestions/Help Forum".

But really, only 10-30% of codex are 'mature' as you call it. If you want your forum to be about cooking and taxes issues all that, younger ones who may be more intellectual can help out as well... I know kids who help their parents do their taxes <_<

#23 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:46 PM

For the sake of member feedback, I will move this to gc. Sounds like an interesting idea. It would require close eying though initially to ensure that it is as advertised :lol:

#24 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:22 PM

sounds interesting.. will members be restricted for going into the mature section if they "aren't mature"?

#25 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:09 PM

nice idea clair i like it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users