Quantcast

Photo

Israel/Palestine

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your opinion on the Israel/Palestine issue?

What should happen...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:17 PM

well.... that might be it O_o

#77 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:17 PM

No religion is like that, except I think on tv they said that muslims have something like if you serve as a terrorist bomber your family get rewarded and you are like a hero...

Yea jewish people are smart in math... not me :D

You must differentiate between a cultures implementation of Islam and what Islam actually says. They are two different things. This is why its so important to be knowledgable about something before you judge it.

#78 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:18 PM

hydro, he was talking to me O_o

EDIT: and where the hell did the jewish Math thing come from? its a religion, not a brain capacity O_o

Edited by trixx, 10 April 2006 - 05:19 PM.

#79 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:25 PM

Then you are just as bad as them.

What people really need to do is educate themselves about Islam and what it teaches. Muslims need to be more active in helping with this as well.

I think its a persons right to remain ingnorant in the face of religions. For example, I know nothing of the teachings of Islam, and almost all others religions. I follow what I feel is right. However, because I do not know such things that are important parts of such a matter, it is not my place to make opinions, let alone extremist opinons such as a homicidal removal of the palestinians (hope I spelt that right). Thats why I tend to stay out of these debates :p

trixx, it is common opinion that most of the people that follow the jewish religion are intelligent people. I have heard that you actually have to study and be smart in order to pass a test on the religion for some purpose (may be wayyyy off :p ), so maybe its related to that?

#80 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:29 PM

I hate that too. I hate hate crimes for a matter of fact. If a black guy hits a white guy or vice versa, its a crime, not a hate crime. Their motives might not be nice, but the crime is bad enough as is. Same applies to religion. If a bomber blows up a building, he blew up the building, not the Islam faith. His motives may be with his faith, but that does not play in representation of all the Muslims in the world.

Calling someone a seal killer isn't racial or religious discrimination. The difference between a personal belief in killing seals to live is different from a personal belief in a certain higher power different from the person discriminating you. Racial discrimination when you don't want it one bit is especially wrong, because you can't change your ethnicity (I'm not insituating if someone discriminates you to change your beliefs.)

#81 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:33 PM

How did this become Christian / Jew vs. Islam vs. Newfoundland :p

Anyway, I'll further my opinion a bit on the Palestine issue to get us back on topic... All I'll say is I do not think Palestine is representative of all Islam at all, but for that particular group of people, there is a time when you become beyond hope or ability to save, and I think they have reached that point.

#82 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:36 PM

How did this become Christian / Jew vs. Islam vs. Newfoundland :p

Anyway, I'll further my opinion a bit on the Palestine issue to get us back on topic... All I'll say is I do not think Palestine is representative of all Islam at all, but for that particular group of people, there is a time when you become beyond hope or ability to save, and I think they have reached that point.

I don't think killing any more people is the solution. People can be negotiated with and people can be educated. It may take a while, but I am hoping that a peaceful solution to the whole issue can be acheived (Blindly hoping, anyone care to join ;) )

#83 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:37 PM

I think i read somewhere that Hamas is giving up its militancy because they are now in power :p. Hamas actually just wants to better the situation for palestinians all over and so they are going to concentrate now more on the building of infrastructure like schools, roads and hospitals. they now have the resources and they arent corrupt like fatah :)

they get shit done ^_^ :p

#84 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:43 PM

I think i read somewhere that Hamas is giving up its militancy because they are now in power :p. Hamas actually just wants to better the situation for palestinians all over and so they are going to concentrate now more on the building of infrastructure like schools, roads and hospitals. they now have the resources and they arent corrupt like fatah :)

they get shit done ^_^ :p

Keep in mind when I talk, I'm really not trying to offend anyone :p anywho...

As Hamas was one of the despicable groups committing the acts that Palestine has grown to be loathed by the western world for, I hardly consider them taking over to be an advancement, whether they are militant now or otherwise. As a moral issue, I don't see how you can support Hamas after what they have done... And why you'd have such faith that they would change on a whim.

#85 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

Keep in mind when I talk, I'm really not trying to offend anyone :p anywho...

As Hamas was one of the despicable groups committing the acts that Palestine has grown to be loathed by the western world for, I hardly consider them taking over to be an advancement, whether they are militant now or otherwise. As a moral issue, I don't see how you can support Hamas after what they have done... And why you'd have such faith that they would change on a whim.

Im just saying its better for the palestinians that fatah is not in power.

Furthermore, the west has a biased view in that region. America provides tanks, missles, armor, and guns to Israel at no cost and many western countries give money heavily to Israel. America blindly supports Israel and sees Israeli terrorism as defensive tactics. Israel is just as much to blame.

#86 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:50 PM

I have heard that you actually have to study and be smart in order to pass a test on the religion for some purpose (may be wayyyy off :p ), so maybe its related to that?

Wow you are wayyy off :p

No its just jewish people are smart donno maybe nature but alot fo them are really smart..

#87 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

No its just jewish people are smart donno maybe nature but alot fo them are really smart..

Everyone is smart really...not just jews.. O_o

I thought this article was cool :p

Attached Files

#88 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:55 PM

I have a question for you, Hydro. Since you seem to have studied up on the subject of Palestine to some degree. What exactly is their claim to the territory? What is it that gives them right to it over the Israelis?

Why, when they are surrounded by arab nations that would gladly take them in, does it have to be that spot.

Edited by BrknPhoenix, 10 April 2006 - 05:58 PM.

#89 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

I have a question for you, Hydro. Since you seem to have studied up on the subject of Palestine to some degree. What exactly is their claim to the territory? What is it that gives them right to it over the Israelis?

http://www.masada200...historical.html That explains alot of it

Basically, Palestine was there first and lost their land because of wars.

#90 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

Im not sure on the first question but the second question is answered by looking into history. And it all depends on how far you want to go back. In more recent times, that land was majorly used by the palestinians before world war I. then when tensions started to get heated for world war II in europe, a lot of jews emigrated to this area and other areas around the world. But due to jerusalem's holiness in the religion, there was a large jewish population in the area. At the end of the war, the british prime minister called for a jewish homeland and this was the area that most jews had been displaced to during world war II. Keep in mind that there was very little hostility in the region until countries began to recognize Israel as a nation. This is why palestinians claim it to be their land. However, the jews claim it to be their land i believe because of the time of exodus when they moved to that area.

#91 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

Oh :p . I thought there was a whole huge thing to was required to be memorized for a bar mitzvah xD'

My belief is that it is radical (raidcal as in an extreme measure, not as in rad or cool :p ) for claims to be made on land by religions or by a certain people. That would be like all the natives making claim to all the land in Canada because they were here first, or for the europeans to claim to all land because they settled here and culturalized it.

#92 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

http://www.masada200...historical.html That explains alot of it

Basically, Palestine was there first and lost their land because of wars.

A lot of the reason for this was because of the western countries providing arms to Israel free of cost to help "protect" them.

Oh :p . I thought there was a whole huge thing to was required to be memorized for a bar mitzvah xD

Are you talking about the tradition of Hafiz? where a Muslim student memorizes the entire Qur'an and has a celebration called an ameen?

#93 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

no i didnt mean only jewish people are smart just said they are good at math...:D

#94 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:06 PM

A lot of the reason for this was because of the western countries providing arms to Israel free of cost to help "protect" them.
Are you talking about the tradition of Hafiz? where a Muslim student memorizes the entire Qur'an and has a celebration called an ameen?

Perhaps I am :p . I don't like the sounds of that at all. How big is the Qur'an?

#95 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:08 PM

Perhaps I am :p . I don't like the sounds of that at all. How big is the Qur'an?

It takes about 60 hours to recite i think :)

#96 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:14 PM

So when Syria, Jordan, and Egypt attacked Israel to kill the jews, the United States was supposed to let it happen? Is it wrong to help friends not... die? If the US hadn't given them weaponry, there is no doubt the attacks by the surrounding arab nations would have been pressed until the jews were no more.

I can barely see why we didn't take out Syria, Jordan, and Egypt. I don't see it... I just don't... How all that could happen, how the Palestinians could resort to the tactics they have, and still much of the world sees Israel as the bad guys. If people would just leave them alone there wouldn't be any problems, but people seem to be incapable of that.

What exactly did Israel do to provoke all of this hatred? Live there? Is that it? Is that why they are such an abomination on humanity to the people of that region and many more people worldwide?

I'm not saying you think they are an abomination, or that all muslims think that, but when you consider the opinions you hear outside the US, typically they are pro-palestine. How does all this get overlooked? If Palestine were actually a country, Israel would have had valid cause to go to war with them and wipe them out fifty times over. But no, they continue to take it.

Israel and Palestine are surrounded by arab nations... and The jews are the ones supposed to move. Apparently it's easier to ship a country to another continent than it is one territory over the border... No, scratch that, not even over the border. They've been allowed to stay. The Palestinians have been allowed to stay where they are, despite all they have done.

How, how in God's name do the Israel's end up the bad guy in this? Please tell me because I really, really do not see it >_<

#97 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

It takes about 60 hours to recite i think :)

Holy smokes, I am steering clear of that :p . I can't remember whether blue litmus paper turning red is the sign for an acid or a base half the time :lol: .

But sorry for brutally going off topic. I say (athough I don't know anything and its probably wishful thinking) that the land should go to no one in paticular. Establish a non religious government and allow people of any reace or religion to live there.

#98 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:24 PM

Naturally smart? I wouldn't count on it. Most Jewish people do have a strong determination, though, as throughout their faith they spend time and effort into their religion...which teaches them that putting time and effort into anything can be great. I'm not nessecarily saying that this is in everyone, but Judaism does provide a great pathway of assistance. Or perhaps, "Adonai" just gave natural ability to the chosen people. :p

#99 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:25 PM

Holy smokes, I am steering clear of that :p . I can't remember whether blue litmus paper turning red is the sign for an acid or a base half the time :lol: .

But sorry for brutally going off topic. I say (athough I don't know anything and its probably wishful thinking) that the land should go to no one in paticular. Establish a non religious government and allow people of any reace or religion to live there.

Not every Muslim does that :p, just the ones who are really devoted :p

#100 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:28 PM

i mean, i AM discriminated. i am from newfoundland? and on Larry King Live, they gave paul fucking mccartney a half hour TO HIMSELF to shit on newfoundland! and i get newfie jokes told, which SOMETIMES are funny, unless someone NOT a newfoundlander tells them. and then, Paul Mccartney and his wife talked over Danny Williams ALL through the chatty thing. and read the edit in meh previous post, please...

You would hate living in Western Canada..... newfie jokes are told quite often. :( They are meant to be funny however. Besides, we're both Canadians anyways. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users