Quantcast

Photo

JFK Assassination

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: JFK Assassination- Conspiracy or not?

Was it a conspiracy??? God there are too many boxes

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

Well, this is the best known "Boom headshot" around. If you dont know the conspiracy theories just google them. There are countless ones out there.

The other alternative is Lee Harvey Oswald pulled the trigger three times, the first one being a miss, the second being the "magic bullet" which has been proven unmagical through the Peter Jenning special on the JFK assassination. They computer modeled it frame by frame and everything. I also think they tried this on Mythbusters. The third bullet drilled JFK in the head.

Well...
Discuss

Edited by hawk117, 10 May 2006 - 02:30 PM.

#2 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:31 PM

I definetly dont think it was a simple murder case. I think there was a conspiracy but which I have no clue xD

There's even a theory that the shooter was in a manhole in the road and shot JFK through that.

#3 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

I definetly dont think it was a simple murder case. I think there was a conspiracy but which I have no clue xD

There's even a theory that the shooter was in a manhole in the road and shot JFK through that.

I believe I saw that in one of the countless shows about this on either the History or Discovery channel. I think they said a good shot from that angle would be pretty difficult. The fatal shots angle though would be nearly impossible to achieve from there though.

#4 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:36 PM

I think that the vice president was involved with it (can't think his name at this time). There was a lot of discontent in his government, paticularily on the military side of things.

#5 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:40 PM

I think that the vice president was involved with it (can't think his name at this time). There was a lot of discontent in his government, paticularily on the military side of things.

LBJ... Lindon Beins Johnson or something like that, I tried my best to sound it out ;)

Yeah, military. That is one of the conspiracy theories. People producing war goods wanted JFK assassinated because he was planning on avoiding Vietnam... Guess who wasnt? LBJ! So the producers of military goods definatly profited from this.

#6 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:48 PM

I think a lot of it was the communists. I don't mean to be a red scare person at all, however a lot of signs point to that being the reason he was killed. Oswald had a wife who was russian I believe and a strong supporter of communism. And through taking several courses of History I have learned that Kennedy was really starting to crack down on communism and it's very possible that Oswald was not too happy with it. Now... it could just be Oswald's doing however in my beliefs it is very possible that the Soviet Union could have ordered him to do such a thing. Honestly I don't know enough on the subject to truly have a strong opinion.

#7 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:51 PM

I think a lot of it was the communists. I don't mean to be a red scare person at all, however a lot of signs point to that being the reason he was killed. Oswald had a wife who was russian I believe and a strong supporter of communism. And through taking several courses of History I have learned that Kennedy was really starting to crack down on communism and it's very possible that Oswald was not too happy with it. Now... it could just be Oswald's doing however in my beliefs it is very possible that the Soviet Union could have ordered him to do such a thing. Honestly I don't know enough on the subject to truly have a strong opinion.

Communists, yeah they may have some role in it. It was the height of the Cold War, tensions were mounting. Oswald spent several years out of the US, I think it was in the USSR and Cuba, although Im not positive. Kennedy was also begginning to crack down on the organized crime. Jack Ruby had some ties with organized crime, and organized crime may have helped JFK get elected. See where Im going with this?

#8 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:28 PM

I think it was just Oswald and an assistant which he used for help. I'm pretty sure Johnson had nothing to do with it, but he was pissed about the lack of war no doubt. HOWEVER, From what I understand of my dad having conversations with Johnson that it was probably an accomplice of Oswald.

Edited by Reeshu, 10 May 2006 - 05:28 PM.

#9 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:30 PM

One thing I am interested in... was bobby being murdered in any way related, if oyu believe that it was conspiracy?

#10 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:40 PM

I think communism would be the perfect scapegoat to cover up for the actual reason. Considering how many people were afraid of communism, if they were told that he was assasinated because the assasin disliked JFK's plans on communism, people wouldnt question it.
I think bobby was related somehow.

Theres also theories that it was Nixon who did it. Because he was head of the CIA then? I think.

#11 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:51 AM

Theres also theories that it was Nixon who did it. Because he was head of the CIA then? I think.

I believe you are thinking of J Edgar Hoover, head of the FBI. That was one of the possibilities. Partly because Hoover and JFK didnt see eye to eye, and Hoover wanted to remain head of FBI while JFK was looking to remove him from power. When LBJ became President he made Hoover the head of FBI for the rest of his life.

#12 Funnlecake

Funnlecake
  • 2076 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:25 PM

cmon people he acted alone and so did jack ruby, theve solved all this shiz already. watch the history channel around his (JFKs)assaination. Also his shot wasnt good enought to be classifyed as a BOOM HEADSHOT, maybe is he only took one they i will accept that. also Hawk117 you are hawt, lets make love!

#13 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:30 PM

A pity vote for "Hawk117 is hot :p (Another form of "I dont care")"

Edited by Toxic Hobo, 11 May 2006 - 12:34 PM.

#14 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:32 PM

Hawk117 you are hawt, lets make love!

But... Your a dude! EWW!!

Good, someone agrees with me.

Oh, and Toxic, I was debating about not putting that there, but yeah. I was also thinking of putting Hydro in there or someone else.

Edited by hawk117, 11 May 2006 - 12:33 PM.

#15 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:18 PM

I think it was a conspiracy, from what I already know. I have not personally studied this or even talked about it... EVER to anybody at school or anything. I just know that he was assassined. :p I feel bad now.

#16 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:11 AM

I saw the movie of JFK and I know oswald didn't do it. Watch the movie and you would agree with me.

#17 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:51 AM

I saw the movie of JFK and I know oswald didn't do it. Watch the movie and you would agree with me.

Watch the Peter Jennings special and you will agree with me.

HERE is a link regarding the documentary. The computer modeling and explanations that go along with it are superb and make clear sense and practically eliminate the possibility that the fatal shot was from someone else, or the shot striking the two was from someone else. It could still be a conspiracy I guess, but it proves that it was a single gunman doing the killing.

#18 Funnlecake

Funnlecake
  • 2076 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:57 PM

there is even another specail that was on the history channel that went deeper and acctully recreated the bodys of the president and senitor and sat them the right way and used a proffession marksmen and everything and in the show they nearly perfectly recreated the "magic bullet". and may i say, that show wasnt a computer simulaton eather they attully used real bullets and everything.

also hawk117 are you a history channel nerd like me?
and sometimes regardless of the gender, you must let the passion flow.

#19 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:25 AM

there is even another specail that was on the history channel that went deeper and acctully recreated the bodys of the president and senitor and sat them the right way and used a proffession marksmen and everything and in the show they nearly perfectly recreated the "magic bullet". and may i say, that show wasnt a computer simulaton eather they attully used real bullets and everything.

also hawk117 are you a history channel nerd like me?
and sometimes regardless of the gender, you must let the passion flow.

Im a History/Discovery channel nerd. I will admit that. They have some fascinating things on there though. I seriously find history fascinating, does that say no life or what ;)?

I thought that was Mythbusters where they set everything up. I think I know what your talking about though. They got a ballistics gel person or two, lined them up according to how they would have been in Dealy Plaza, put the marksman in a, like, cherry picking basket? and raised him to the height and aproximate location of the window he shot from.

#20 Funnlecake

Funnlecake
  • 2076 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:42 AM

ya that was the one

#21 bluewater

bluewater
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:39 PM

I feel very smart! I voted for hawk117 is hot... This is one topic I never fully understood but I know one thing for sure, either which way none of it can be proved.

#22 Mason

Mason
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:00 PM

Why are people just so ready to believe conspiracy theories? This is just as stupid as the theory that the US never landed on the moon.

For the record, Oswald had a great angle on Kennedy. Also, don't forget he received top scores for marksmanship in the US military.

I just think it's funny that conspiracy theorists find loads of "evidence" to support their claim, but they don't even attempt to dismiss the blatantly obvious, straight-forward facts that go to show that there was no conspiracy.

I guess it's much easier to just ignore than to address it.

Bottom line; no conspiracy theory. Oswald shot him.

#23 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:52 PM

Why are people just so ready to believe conspiracy theories? This is just as stupid as the theory that the US never landed on the moon.

For the record, Oswald had a great angle on Kennedy. Also, don't forget he received top scores for marksmanship in the US military.

I just think it's funny that conspiracy theorists find loads of "evidence" to support their claim, but they don't even attempt to dismiss the blatantly obvious, straight-forward facts that go to show that there was no conspiracy.

People like to watch X Files, apparently.

#24 Mason

Mason
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:50 PM

My guess is that if you know about a conspiracy theory, and the subject comes up, arguing that case makes you feel and look like you're well informed and intelligent.

I think it just gives people a satisfaction; something that makes them feel superior to others.

That's only my theory, though. Take it with a grain of salt.

#25 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:26 PM

I have a great website to completely blow all the moon landing conspiracy ideas back in the peoples faces. If you ever want it I will find it in my list of bookmarks.

"During his Marine Corps service in December 1956 Oswald scored a rating of sharpshooter (twice achieving 48 and 49 out of 50 shots during rapid fire at a stationary target 200 yards [183 m] away using a standard issue M1 Garand semiautomatic rifle). Although in May 1959 he qualified as a marksman (a lower classification) military experts examining his records characterized his firearms proficiency as "above average" and was, when compared to American civilian males his age, "an excellent shot.""-Wikipedia

Yes he was in a superb spot. That also raises the question, why didnt he shoot Kennedy while heading down Houston Street, personally, that sounds like an easier shot O_o . Whatever, it was still Oswald.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users