46 replies to this topic

#26 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:39 AM

Lack of proof. =P

I am the kinda "show-me" person. When God holds a conversation with me, I will believe.

But as for profecies, one thing mos tpeople don't notice is the human need for them to be tru, to validate their lives. So true they want these that people may actually TRY and complete the profecies to maek them true. Or they will take the smallest thing that matche it in the least bit and use it for evidence.

#27 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:40 AM

Well i believe in us making the life around us after we pass on our enegy making life itself and such :)

#28 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:53 AM

Lack of proof. =P

I am the kinda "show-me" person. When God holds a conversation with me, I will believe.

But as for profecies, one thing mos tpeople don't notice is the human need for them to be tru, to validate their lives. So true they want these that people may actually TRY and complete the profecies to maek them true. Or they will take the smallest thing that matche it in the least bit and use it for evidence.

Alright :p

Do some more reading ;) You will find the truth eventually. Just keep searching for it :).

#29 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:56 AM

I have already done ample reading. I have read the entire King James bible, plus excerpts from the Hebrew edition. Nothing too convincing that can't be explained away. plus a good bit of discrepencies.

But no thank you. I have read plenty, mos tof it actually turned me of fthe belief in a God.

#30 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:26 AM

I have already done ample reading. I have read the entire King James bible, plus excerpts from the Hebrew edition. Nothing too convincing that can't be explained away. plus a good bit of discrepencies.

But no thank you. I have read plenty, mos tof it actually turned me of fthe belief in a God.

Dude. Good job. I havent even read the entire Bible yet - though I want to and will start over the summer (this is my intention atleast :p).

Though, It kind of annoys me when people equate religion to Christianity. Like that is the only religion. Christianity is a religion but it is not religion itself.

Like i said earlier Cataliste :p, continue your reading and keep searching for the truth ;). You will find it eventually.

By the way, I'll show you my proof of God's existance and his Prophets, peace be upon them all, some day :p.

#31 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:52 AM

I believe in a God, but I believe god is more of a spiritual guide towards someones beliefs. If you are Muslim, you might see Muhamad and the angel Gabriel when you die. If you are a devout Christian, you are most likely to see Jesus. If you reached Nirvana, you probably will see Buddha. Tomayto, Tomahto, same thing to me. So call me a universalist if you may. Everything has the same rough idea. Even atheists and Christians have similar beliefs, even though it might not look that way.

My anti-organized religion pro-spirituality paragraph aside, I believe that when you die, it truly just depends on where you want to be. If you want to be an asshole, you'll go to hell. If you want to see the earth more, you'll stay on the earth. If you want to go to heaven with the light of God, you can go to the light of God. It's pretty simple, and I'm sure MANY people disagree, but it's the only one that I'm 99% sure of, mainly because there is proof.

I do not really care if people want to be religious, but religion itself is starting to take over spirituality. Converting people to Christianity, Islam, or whatever and not teaching them the spiritual side is pretty damn stupid, because it's not providing true belief. Believe what you want to believe, and unless they bother to ask you, then don't tell them. Spirituality is something everyone has, on the other hand. In full words, I believe in the Buddhist philosophy, mainly because it still keeps its key spiritual values, rather than organized religion.

Cataliste, you aren't looking too far. You're probably looking only at monotheistic views, and not polytheistic or philosophical ones. Other beliefs, such as Shinto, Taoism, etc. have often provided a great and reasonable argument as to why. Also, you should try reading the Qur'an. It is a lot more rational than the bible, and not nearly as much contradiction. Might not be your belief, but it's a pretty interesting book, whether it's holy to you or not. Frizzle, either theres a large coincedence or you directly copied that from an article about things a guy hates about everyone. It's a commonly traded article in a business email. It's very interesting, none the less. And I do strongly agree with you, whatever the case.

I also reccomend you visit a few near death sites regarding the existence of a God, cataliste. While some people suggest they're nothing more than a load of shit, or completely false, they aren't "dreaming" like you would probably think. Regardless, as long as you live a rational, logical life that doesn't involve being a super asshole, then I don't really care. Hell, I don't even care. But Pat Robertson does......LOL.

Edited by Bruce Rastivakian, 02 June 2006 - 11:02 AM.

#32 Apilot

Apilot
  • 982 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:00 PM

what do you think there is after this life, or in other words;when we die.
what do you believe?
should we be worried?
are you worried?
what about religion and faith?
is life really short? will it be over all to fast?
please be honest and mature <_<

i think we all end up playing the sax in new orleans to the girl we love when its all over im being honest

#33 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:40 PM

You have a flaw in your belief I think. If there was a spiritual guide trying to fit to our beliefs, how come these other "religions" are all saying the others are false. How come there are religions that specifically will not tolerate other beliefs. You think this "guide" it toturing us on purpose? Is he guiding us to have some kind of religious war out of entertainment? And if the guide is ment to conform to each person's view, what's the purpose of the spirit? Atheists say there is no hell, yet you say if the person believes it they will goto hell. Does the spirit have the power to create hell? Or does it already exist?

Doesn't this "god" have any kind of rules? Wouldn't this "god" want everyone to know that he exists? Does he have any kind of purpose what so ever? Did this "god" make us?

Sorry for the millions of questions, but I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

I must not of mentioned I'm still AGNOSTIC, so I don't exactly understand everything yet, and am not confirmed on one thing. I'm not going out of my way to explain my belief concept is that spirituality conquers mans corruptity in religion, because that would require paragraphs. And belief requires work. And I'm already following the lazy mans way out.

To put it short: Morale is the main thing the concept God I'm looking at cares about. He doesn't really give two flying fucks if you want to conform to Christianity and give hundreds of dollars to the church, go on CBC and try to spread the "word of prophethere," because if you have a bad morale, then that doesn't matter. Sure, the crusaders were trying to spread the "Word of God," but in such a fashion that involved a massive amount of deaths...was their morale good? You decide.

Actually? You know what? Your right...I'll just stick with non religious...way too lazy to even write 5 paragraphs arguing my point, because I'm so fed up with the belief system right now I'm about ready to die inside.

#34 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:48 PM

i think we all end up playing the sax in new orleans to the girl we love when its all over im being honest

Thats a quote from calvin and hobbes? :p if so, you are now cool. :p

And Bruce, if I may call you that :p, just to clarify, Muslims believe that when they die, they are questioned in their grave some very basic questions about who their God is, what is their religion and then are shown a picture of Muhammad, peace be upon him, and since no one but his companions have ever seen him, only those who were good in this life will know what to answer.

So for the most part you were correct, but I just wanted to clarify that we dont see Muhammad, peace be upon him, as god himself, but just as a man who came to remind all of mankind of the oneness of God and that we would all return to Him one day.

#35 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:58 PM

And Bruce, if I may call you that :p, just to clarify, Muslims believe that when they die, they are questioned in their grave some very basic questions about who their God is, what is their religion and then are shown a picture of Muhammad, peace be upon him, and since no one but his companions have ever seen him, only those who were good in this life will know what to answer.

Oh! I forgot all about that. Thanks for clarifying, and you can feel free to call me by my real name.

#36 Daniel ~ Bong

Daniel ~ Bong
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:56 PM

I belive somewhat in reincarnation but then again I also just think your soul can roam the earth forever.

#37 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:19 PM

Oh! I forgot all about that. Thanks for clarifying, and you can feel free to call me by my real name.

Awesome :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: The power :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

#38 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:45 PM

I think when you die, you're reborn as a new baby. Either that or you just rot.

Edited by Tim, 06 June 2006 - 05:45 PM.

#39 Apilot

Apilot
  • 982 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:36 PM

read the jehovas wittness, bible it is very eye opening, good ol unedited translated hebrew

#40 Lemonblood

Lemonblood
  • 2830 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:04 PM

Who cares? Honestly.

#41 Lemonblood

Lemonblood
  • 2830 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:10 PM

What was that directed at? o_0

The question of whats after this life. lol.

#42 Cam

Cam
  • 1690 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:20 PM

I had a religious group at my door this morning..
About J-witness or something.

#43 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:05 AM

Jehovas Witness = The "Christian" cult that knocks on your door saying you're bound for hell unless you join their cult and pay them lots of cash.

#44 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:37 AM

Nothing. Death is death.

#45 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:45 AM

What I would like? I'll never die. Gene and I made a promise... I promised that I'd outlive him and he promised that he'd outlive me. So that works :p

However in the very unlikely chance that will fail... :p

I'd like to believe there is a heaven that is better than this world where you can reunite with your loved ones who have passed on already. I don't know if it's there or not... but it's a nice thought if it is.

#46 TScully89

TScully89
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:21 PM

I like to believe in a heaven, maybe one in which some type of God or higher order exists. I guess my idea of heaven is kind of cliche', the cultimation all your fantasies and dreams, meeting loved ones that have passed on, your idols, etc. Heaven in my mind reflects the type of existance you would most enjoy. Its ambiguous in a sense as each heaven is different, because different people like different things.

Edited by TScully89, 05 July 2006 - 06:23 PM.

#47 Inside Of You

Inside Of You
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:29 PM

I'm agnostic. So I don't believe in organized religion but I believe something is out there.

As for heaven and hell, I'm not sure either exist. I think when we die... we die.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users