Photo

Rocky Balboa

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:38 PM

So, has anyone seen it yet? I saw it earlier today biggrin.gif I found it surprisingly good, considering Sylvester is getting into his later years and it being a boxing movie. But being a big fan of all the Rocky movies, I'd say it lives up to the name "Rocky". However, if Sylvester decides to make a new Rambo movie, I may have to draw the line tongue.gif

Antonio Tarver, the current world heavyweight champion plays Mason Dixon, the fictional heavyweight champion. This is just me, but it seems that the fight in Rocky Balboa is loosely based around the fight that took place between Antonio Tarver and Roy Jones Jr. Roy, an amazing boxer, although past his prime (Not nearly so much as Rocky) but in a fight, he went far beyond what anyone expected. The second time around, that is tongue.gif I do not know if it was intentional, but that is what I related it to.

Just a tidbit of information, I know Roy Jones Jr. happy.gif He is from the same town as me and used to have a gym here. We invited him over for dinner one night and he accepted, we had spaghetti if I recall. I still see him at the Groovin' Noovin's every now and then.

Edited by Stryyp, 21 December 2006 - 03:56 PM.

#2 Greeny

Greeny
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:52 AM

I havent seen it yet, and I probally wont. Because I wanna see rambo 4!!! Gona be so good, I love the other 3.

#3 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:19 AM

Haven't seen it, was going to see it last night and my friends decided, "Lets go to his house and play poker!" If we had ever played poker, than it would have been fun tongue.gif

#4 hellzknight

hellzknight
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:06 PM

i seen it, great movie =]

#5 scannon

scannon
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 09:02 PM

He's in incredible shape for his age, but the plot is ridiculous. Rocky should have died a long time ago.

#6 zmeyka

zmeyka
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 01:13 PM

I saw it, the earlier ones were waaay better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users