Photo

The Fake Moon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#26 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:09 AM

*grins and Cataliste* I listen to you but I don't hear reason, G-dawg. Isn't it usually liberals who make up the conspiracy theories? <3, I like you.

Olex, you don't need to curse, or at least, you know, I'mply cursing. No one ever curced at you so don't overreact. We're all mostly joking anyway... Now here's how I see it. First of all, I don't think it takes 60mph winds to make the flag like that, even on earth. We already said that the moon has 1/6th earth's gravity, though, remember? So that means there needs to be far less wind. But there's no oxygen you say! That's not true, however. Space is a vacuum, this means there are NO air particles. This is why 'in space, no one can hear you scream-' because there's no air for sound to bounce off of. However, the moon is not a vacuum. It has no atmosphere but it manages to keep some air particles due to gravity.

Another thing I thought of was that the flag doesn't seem to be made out of just cloth - seriously, look at the flag, it looks funny. Maybe it's made out of a sturdier substance that could hold it up? Seriously, astronauts couldn't have had the flag hanging li'mp and unsightly - this is America's greatest achievement. They HAD to have it stand up, and it's easy to do - Just thread in a wire on the top, or make it out of cardboard at the least. Ya know?

This is how I see it, but here's a site called def-logic, which knows a lot more than I.

1. Flags that wave in the non-existent wind

One of the first pieces of evidence that the conspiracy theorist puts forward involves the American flag. When you whatch the footage of the flag, it seems to be moving as if it is being blown by the wind. Now, since there is no wind on the moon--in fact the moon has no atmosphere--it should be I'mpossible for the flag to be waving in a breeze. So how can it be moving? Is it possible that the Lunar missions were part of a hoax and the producers of the hoax made a mistake this big? Or is there another explanation? Well, nothing's I'mpossible, but given the I'mportance of the Lunar landings it is hard to believe that such a big mistake was made. As rational people, we should not be so quick to accept the waving flag as evidence for Lunar landing fraud. There is another explanation that needs to be considered.

In order to spread the flag in an environment with no wind, it was necessary to attach it to a thin wire frame. In the picture above you can see that the top of the flag is perfectly straight. That's because it is attached to a horizontal wire frame. Now think about how you put a stick into the ground. You push the stick down while twisting it back and forward. This is exactly what the astronauts did. They twisted the pole into the Lunar dust and in doing so they caused the flag to 'wobble'. Since there is no atmospheric friction on the moon, and since there is a low gravitational field, the wobble of the flag persisted for longer than it would on Earth. It appears as if it is blowing in the wind but in reality it has retained movement momentum from the action of twisting it into the ground.

This explanation does not, on its own, provide enough reason to shelve the conspiracy theorist's clai'ms. There are several other pieces of evidence that could be used to support the hoax theory.

Okay, I was kinda right. :p I'm happy. But are you getting it? The rest of this refutation is at http://www.def-logic...narlanding.html - everyone who read the first should probably read this.

#27 olexsey2000

olexsey2000
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 03:53 PM

well I dont think I am over reacting! how will you fell if some one told you Shut the hell up?  Then he wants to know how old I am! I AM OLD ENOTH TO KICK UR ASS NOOB! :o

Edited by olexsey2000, 01 August 2004 - 03:54 PM.

#28 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:02 PM

*tries not to crack up* Sweetie, just calm down. I don't doubt you're old "enoth" to do whatever you want.

Lemony was just joshing with you, because you were overreacting a little bit. Weren't you Lemony? Yes he was! :o

Everyone's been pretty nice to you actually, and I've tried to explain things to you politely.

I'm a girl.

#29 olexsey2000

olexsey2000
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:46 PM

:o   DEAP COMING BREATHS! :)

#30 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:50 PM

What does that mean? Oh, you mean calming.... Dude, seriously, just si'mmer, alright? I'm trying to be nice. I really don't mean to be mean, okay? Seriously, just respond like an adult, not a toddler.

#31 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:51 PM

:o   DEAP COMING BREATHS! :)

lol thats the spirit. I was thinkin I would have to intervene. Besides lets get back to the topic of a possible fake moon landing!

#32 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:53 PM

Pyke! *clings to sanity* Did you read my link? I don't mean to push it on anyone but if you read the first story you should read this too, it's a refutation.

#33 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:57 PM

Pyke! *clings to sanity* Did you read my link? I don't mean to push it on anyone but if you read the first story you should read this too, it's a refutation.

Perhaps, they are geniuses (don't worry I read!), but everyone makes mistakes. Point aside, as I had stated earlier, such a hoax would be next to I'mpossible to keep secret.
Jillian you seem pretty cool. Your not afraid to state your opinion.

#34 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:00 PM

... *giggle, blush* Thanks, I guess. I mean, yeah, thanks. :o

And yeah, that's the main point above all. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users