My Neopets / Neocodex life story

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:21 AM

Well, here is it my story... A litle bit boring...

There was I, on my birthday party, I was 12 years old, in august 8, at my grandfather house, I was on internet doing something that I don't remember when my counsin came with a pets game, at start It looked nice, so I started playing. I needed to go back home(in anotehr city) and well, it was cool for a while, I was poor and a noob but I liked to make some fun stories, people liked.

So It was on same year but in the end of it that I traveled to a place, I was a simple nerd, few real friends(actually only 3) fat and stupid. So was I on a internet room and playing it, was the time that some said that the faerie land would explode tongue.gif and the jelly world was going to come. Than a couple guys came and started to play a online game, I liked and played to XD

It passed 6 months and I stoped playing, I wanted to get back to neopets, so was I playing Hannah and the Ice Caves, didn't even see the rest of it, stoped playing neopets again for a while and backed 6 months later(my history is boring, told you...). I played more and more, was getting good and good money, I met some friends and we were writting some pets adventures, but I simply tought I could not take anymore, were all about tests on school and etc.

So I got friend with shinkai_gms, he was from a diferent class but we were in same grade and school, I discovered that he played neopets, was a secret, but we played. I was unhappy with my neopets and with the own neopets, I started to look for cheats and hacks and found a place called gamerzneeds.com(hope there is any problem posting the name here Icey, anything just delete the name...). I started to look for programs when I saw a guy talking about codex, I liked it and got into, at start I was a noob running for programs, right until get my main frozen by using max multitrainer. I made another but I was now talking a litle bit, I was afraid to break any rule. So I found this day in this year, I don't remember really well what people was talking about but I enjoyed, at start I said: "Well Im afraid that a admin come here and warn or something like that" but after I saw admins talking to I started to speak XD

So this time passed and now Im here, Im trying to learn how to program and same time how to do good gfx, I picked vb6 and Laser Wave told me to use vb.net, but I can't get a key XP. For now Im just...o.Ô talking, but in a long time I may learn how to program XD

That was my story...Boring close to yours, Icey storie is really cool and full of things and adventures XD

#27 sockopen

sockopen
  • 1481 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:51 AM

Alright, since all the cool kids are doing it, I'll toss in the quick version of my 'Neopets life story'.

I suppose it all started when I was invited to Seraphim Laboratories (SeraLabs), which at the time was one of the greatest game hacking websites on the internet. I joined there, learned a lot, and posted a few packet filters, game trainers, and byte addresses for some of the games they had forums for; o2Jam, Survival Project, GunBound, etc... I quickly progressed through their rank system, and really got more into the programming side of the whole genre.

After their site closed, I wandered a few other forums, never really got into them again like I did with SeraLabs until I registered on 3volutions. I really did enjoy the kiddie environment, which until now I was not accustomed to, especially when dealing with 'cheating'. I befriended a number of the members there, progressed through their ranks, and eventually became the sole programming leader for their site (by this time I believe it was known by 3volutionize). I changed my nickname to 'sockopen', and released a string of programs, and literally dedicated my full days to helping everyone on the site through MSN with their programming questions. I quickly became reknowned for whatever reason, and joined various sites, more often than not getting promoted without request to a programmer rank on these boards.

It's about this time I decided to join NeoCodex upon a number of people's requests (ZERO being one that comes to mind). I was also intrigued to join because of the way 3volutionize filtered the name, and generally talked poorly of the site without any direct reason. I was sent an invitation to join the site, and I joined the IRC channel that existed at the time to get a feel for the board's members. In IRC I started to talk to a friend of mine from 3ikon, Omar, about some programming related issues he was having, when I was kicked from the channel for "leeching" by netbususer (now known as Cody?). After a short feud on IRC, I found myself suspended indefinitely from the site, with a number of absurd accusations attached to my name aswell.

So, I stayed on 3volutionize for some time, during which I felt the community dying, lack of activity, no support, and the programming area was horrible, people I spent hours and hours teaching were leaving for whatever reason; losing interest, or moving on to other games or other communities. After a few issues I was having with 3volutionize (accused of keylogging programs and hacking members), combined with the dying community, I was very determined to restore my suspended account (though I was still an active member under a different username) on NeoCodex. I finally contacted another staff member of the site (Ender), and through months of conversation was finally unbanned / unsuspended from NeoCodex after having a chat and agreement with Hydrogen.

Now unbanned, I slowly accustomed the more active environment, and began posting on threads, and posting some of my programs and code snippets. Then 3volutionize suspended me for having an argument with one of the members over MSN, having more than enough of their problems, and being shown not enough respect, I deleted their entire programming section. This led to a lot of rumors, a lot of members believing all of my programs were keyloggers, etc... none of which were true of course, and in turn, I defaced their entire site a number of times for the amount of rumors they were publically publishing about me.

A couple months afterwards on NeoCodex, I was promoted to Jr. Programmer. I believe it was around this time Administrators on NeoCodex were getting messaged about me being some keylogging scammer of some sort from 3volutionize; I could tell I was not trusted by many people on NeoCodex I didn't already know, and this was very obvious around Private voting time, reading what people were posting about me, there were two very distinct views about who I was and why I was here. It was most obviously noted that I was not trusted when I was told I couldn't be promoted to Programmer not due to a lack of skill, but due to a severe lack of trust, the same was true for another Jr. Programmer at the time, Pete. Pete and I requested to be demoted from Jr. Programmer when Eggy was promoted to Programmer when he did not even meet the bare requirements for a Jr. Programmer; (Eggy was demoted later that week upon further investigation apparently). This was around the time that SlopDog started to get started, which Pete Administrates on.

Anyways, several conversations with staff and continual dedication eventually led me to becoming a Private member and a full Programmer; I do know that this story may not be perfectly chronological, and I did skip a number of events for size reasons, but I hope you enjoyed the story.

#28 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:04 PM

My past with anything Neopets related is such a blur, I don't remember it. Too many site changes, and all that bogus. Some old timers might remember the real sequence of events better than me, all I know is I was a moderator at Digibliss and Neotwist. I said something to the public about the events going on a chaotic day and lost my moderator position. I think the post I was warned for was telling what happened and why (Mods were getting banned right and left) o.o I then proceeded to write a long post, which in hindsight looks/reads terrible. I then sent a two word reply to the warning... something along the lines of "bark you". I was banned- I apologized because I knew the community and wanted to remain a part of it, I should have listened to Trevor and came here, but I didn't. I was unbanned, and I still had their form of the Private rank. Neotwist failed, we moved to DB, I did not get a moderator spot that time, and that was it o.o

I think that was the sequence, I'm not sure. Relatively short, sweet, and to the point.

#29 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE(Hawk @ Apr 20 2007, 09:04 PM) View Post
My past with anything Neopets related is such a blur, I don't remember it.

Same here, i have no idea of the details. tongue.gif

Digibliss > Neotwist > Digibliss > Neotwist? > Neocodex

I know from my sig that I was a programmer at digibliss apparently although I have basically no recollection of it. biggrin.gif And apparently i'm a programmer here. tongue.gif

Oh, and i got a 70% warn on May 7 2005, 02:03 AM which I still dispute... dry.gif (<- towards SL biggrin.gif)

Edited by Laser Wave, 20 April 2007 - 12:09 PM.

#30 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(Laser Wave @ Apr 20 2007, 03:07 PM) View Post
Same here, i have no idea of the details. tongue.gif

Digibliss > Neotwist > Digibliss > Neotwist? > Neocodex

I know from my sig that I was a programmer at digibliss apparently although I have basically no recollection of it. biggrin.gif And apparently i'm a programmer here. tongue.gif

Thats what I was thinking. Except throw in IA after Neotwist for the 2nd time. Neotwist the 2nd time sucked too if I remember, no clear focus, trillions of things going on. It was a shitty site at that point.

I think Neotwist 1 is where I lot my moderator privileges, DB 2 didn't last long, and NT2 sucked. I then got really inactive because IA just isn't active enough for me. I need a lot of posting, not 10-20 posts per day like IA was.

QUOTE(Laser Wave @ Apr 20 2007, 03:07 PM) View Post
Oh, and i got a 70% warn on May 7 2005, 02:03 AM which I still dispute... dry.gif (<- towards SL biggrin.gif)

Hooligan

#31 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(Hawk @ Apr 20 2007, 09:11 PM) View Post
Hooligan

I'm still awaiting my apology from the admins. biggrin.gif I'm also quite disappointed that they never actually made the whole story public...

Edited by Laser Wave, 20 April 2007 - 12:13 PM.

#32 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(Laser Wave @ Apr 20 2007, 03:12 PM) View Post
I'm still awaiting my apology from the admins. biggrin.gif I'm also quite disappointed that they never actually made the whole story public...

Then you go ahead and make it public. Noobcake.

I've only had 8 warnings (That were not repealed, I have a few others that I debated/said I was joking and got out of) here at Codex, I'm proud of that o.o With all the shit I've done I could have sooo much more. Icebath anyone?

#33 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(Hawk @ Apr 20 2007, 09:16 PM) View Post
Then you go ahead and make it public. Noobcake.

I've only had 8 warnings (That were not repealed, I have a few others that I debated/said I was joking and got out of) here at Codex, I'm proud of that o.o With all the shit I've done I could have sooo much more. Icebath anyone?

It's a bit late now. tongue.gif

I've only had that one warning. tongue.gif And that was unjust... dry.gif (Yes, i hold grudges well. devil.gif )

#34 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(Laser Wave @ Apr 20 2007, 02:18 PM) View Post
It's a bit late now. tongue.gif

I've only had that one warning. tongue.gif And that was unjust... dry.gif (Yes, i hold grudges well. devil.gif )

This is your Neocodex history o.o Post it quick.

I was mad about being warned for the same thing twice on August 19th o.o That made me mad. I don't hold grudges well, I will continue to dislike the person and take cheap shots at them when I can, but I won't initiate a war with them unless something drastic happens.

Edited by Hawk, 20 April 2007 - 12:26 PM.

#35 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:34 PM

Fine. (Thank god for double jeopardy laws biggrin.gif)

The following is a quote from soul__stealer at that other place which shall not be named:

Start Quote

Apparantly, Redlion is annoyed that it didn't make the news here. So, I've decided why not?

There are a few things that I'd like to be made clear.
1) This screenshot is NOT fake.
2) NeoCodex S-Mod Robert admitted that it was not fake when he told me he would delete the thread straight away, and promptly deleted it.
3) It is said that I told shadowlink that Tankman is a S-Mod at Iced Accounts. This is untrue. Laser Wave is a Super Programmer.
4) The information provided to me was ONLY that NeoCodex had posted in their private section people sharing site UserNames/Passwords. Codex members were also boasting about how they were almost promoted at other sites etc. I will post a selection of my favourite quotes as well.

1st: The Screenshot

2nd, my entire conversation with Robert.

.--------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Session Start: Sunday, 1 May 2005 |
| Participants: |
| ...d | You don't seem to realise |- () |
| (*)Robert () |
.--------------------------------------------------------------------.
Sou| Stea|er -| Think before you make up your mind | You don't seem to
realise |-: Robert you are a smod on Codex?
(*)Robert: yep
realise |-: I spoke to Hydrogen regarding this matter
realise |-: A matter he most seriously denied
realise |-: I am the owner and administrator of www.icedaccounts.com
realise |-: Also known as www.icedaccounts.info in this Codex thread:
http://www.neocodex.....pic=20405&st=0
realise |-: Hydrogen claimed to have had no knowledge
realise |-: http://img114.echo.c...odexlies2dl.png
(*)Robert: you on about the user's and passes up there right?
realise |-: Yes I am
realise |-: I do NOT appreciate my site being spied on
realise |-: And later mocked by said user redlion
realise |-: Yeah, I know IA has a few, but they seem to think they
are all about the community. Funny.
realise |-: I have done nothing to Codex
realise |-: I helped you out at one point, pointing I do believe it
was yourself to CompactGamerz and about 15 of your different programs
at one stage
(*)Robert: ok, to be honest, this is really arranged by redlion and I
have never really been in this topic but yes I do think this is
wrong, sorry for all this, I will delete the post and really that is
all I can do if that is ok?
realise |-: Sure, I also ask you to pass on to Hydrogen to speak to
me
realise |-: He has my MSN, as do you
(*)Robert: ok will do
realise |-: Also the accounts they create will be rendered useless.
They are now set to Never Promote
(*)Robert: ok that is fair
realise |-: Thanks Robert.

I hope all is well and goes well with Codex. Such a shame Hydrogen
wouldnt validate my account.

If you would note the timestamp on the screenshot regarding that post, it was on NeoCodex long before we acted on it. The last post made into that thread was the same day I caught Robert on MsN.

Ok, now for other information posted in the thread, I will make in direct quotes, of which I have screenshots.

Originally Posted by dck
http://www.compactgaming.net/ had some old neocodex progs on there, but I think some were RDD's so it's ok...there might have been some by others though

Guess what, I reported that. In total, there were something like 15 NeoCodex programs, plus a pack containing 10 of RareDareDevils Trainers.

Originally Posted by redlion
Yeah, I know IA has a few, but they seem to think they are all about the community. Funny.

I can't see what is at those links, I don't have an account there.

Originally Posted by redlion
Ok, I guess I can do this... tell me if I can't. My usernames for all of the above sites will be listed up there for anyone to use. Please don't download programs from their sites unless you intend to check/decompile them for reference. Using my accounts for personal gain is, well, stupid. They aren't high access accounts, but they are a start.

Is that what I think it is? redlion hinting at people to decompile our programs for reference? Yep, that's exactly what it is.

Originally Posted by xx_WLT_xx
Well anyway, if you want to access redlion's accs, use an anonymizer It's kewl and the admins won't catch you

The last time the topic was posted in before I received the information, was the 1st of May, 2005.

Make up your own minds on who was right, who was wrong. And if you don't agree that this information should have come out, then you truly are not a community member, no matter which community you belong to.

End Quote

And that's my history. biggrin.gif

Edited by Laser Wave, 20 April 2007 - 12:36 PM.

#36 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:02 PM

Alright, I know I haven't even been here a full year yet, but I want to post my story anyway

First off, my name is Alex. I started neopets in November of 2003 when I was 12 years old(15 now). I first heard about neopets from one of my friends. He had created a guild about Scorchios and was desperate for people to join. I created an account and joined his guild. I was really bored of neo then due mostly to the fact that the guild was boring. He shut down the guild, quit neo, and told me to quit too since it wasn't worth my time. I told him I had quit, when really I didn't. I still saw some potential in the site and decided to look for a new guild to join. I was a big fan of the TV show Degrassi(still watch it today, but I'm not as obsessive about as I was before). I found this relatively small guild (about 20 people max) all about Degrassi. I was in charge of posting synopses for upcoming episodes and stuff like that. Then, I got into trouble at school. My parents grounded me from my comp for 30 days. After the punishment was served, I came back and found myself guildless. I tried neomailing the leader, but she had blocked me and deleted the guild(for reasons I'll probably never know). I was there from November 2003 to March 2004.

I was really sad that I was just so rudely kicked out. I created a 'guildless' topic on the neo forums since I wanted to join another guild. A bunch of flashy Harry Potter and LOTR advertisements were posted and I wasn't interested. Then I saw a post that I found quite interesting. It wasn't as flashy or as long as the others, it was just a small advertisement promoting a guild about elemental kingdoms. I neomailed the leader and told her I was joining. I became good friends with the leader, Heather, one of the girls there named Emily, and three others whom you all know/knew quite well: Ange(Kitsune), Ian(Rambo), and Suz(Analogue). I more so talked to Heather, Ange, Suz, Emily, and others though(even though I argued with Suz about everything tongue.gif ). I became well liked at the guild and was responsible for running the contests(which made me even more liked).

Fast forward to 2005. I'm still in the guild(as are Ange, Suz, Ian, Emily, and obviously Heather). After Heather's account is frozen, Suz creates another guild and we(Ange, Suz, Ian, Emily, and I) all create separate accounts and flock over there. In July 2005, Heather finally comes back(after she had gone missing for many months) and creates a reincarnation of our old guild. Ange, Ian, Em, and I go to the new guild(with accounts still in Suz’s guild. Suz couldn’t leave since she was leader.) Eventually, Suz came back to the guild(Either her account was frozen or she deleted it, can’t remember which) and everything was good.

Fast forward to June 2006. I come back after I hadn’t been on neopets since September or October of 2005 and we’re all a big happy family again. Suz, Ian, and Ange would periodically refer to “the other site”(AKA for Codex) on the guild board. I MSNed Suz about it one night and she told me all about codex. She said I should create an account, but I was reluctant. I’m not really a big cheater, so joining a neopets cheating community would be very odd for someone like me. She told me I didn’t have to use the programs, I could just be there for the community. I finally gave in, but I had to create a name. The name of my neo account was stupid and I didn’t want to use it for codex. So I started think of things that weren’t physically possible. My two favorite elements are fire and ice so I wanted a name with them. I used every variation I could think of for fire and ice, but nothing worked. So I thought of colors. My favorite colors are black, red, and blue. Red flames and blue flames exist, so Black Flame was born(Suz never did like the name tongue.gif ). I made an intro board(July 26, 2006) and didn’t come back on the site until some time in mid August, where I became active. My account of 3 years was frozen(along with a good chunk of active people’s accounts in my guild, including Ange, Suz, Emily, Ian, and our leader). I left for 5 months due to school, came back early March, and here I am.

Yay, the rant is over!! tongue.gif

Some the info may be a tiny bit wrong(I'm doing my best to recall 3 years of my neopets life), but oh well tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users