Quantcast

Photo

Does the Ninth Amendment Guarantee Abortion, Gay Marriage, and Euthanasia?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(Cript @ Apr 25 2007, 08:51 PM) View Post
If the 2000 election were decided on a popular vote, it wouldn't have even been close. Bush could've easily gotten another 100k votes out of Texas if he'd campaigned there.

Until I see a source for your saying that half the republicans in the country disappeared, I don't consider it real because it has to be bull shit. There's just no way, otherwise the breakdown in elections wouldn't go 45% Rep, 45% Dem and 10% other.

When you say that he didn't win the election, that's a biased opinion and makes a debate really hard, that's why I won't even reply to it...

Actually, it would have been. Haven't you seen the numbers? More people actually voted for Gore than for Bush. It doesn't matter what 'could' have happened, it matters what happened.

I'll see if I can find it online, but I read it in print, so they may or may not have put it online. We'll see.

He didn't. Its fact, not opinion. If you do a popular vote, Gore wins. If you recount the votes (which wouldn't have been necessary if his brother at FOX news hadn't called it for him in the first place) and do it electorally, Gore won Florida, and thus the election. The only reason that Bush won the election was that the supreme court called a recount unconstitutional, not because he won the election. endof. If you require facts on anything I've just said, I can provide sources from credible news sources.

#27 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(pink ladylion @ Apr 25 2007, 09:08 PM) View Post
Actually, it would have been. Haven't you seen the numbers? More people actually voted for Gore than for Bush. It doesn't matter what 'could' have happened, it matters what happened.

I'll see if I can find it online, but I read it in print, so they may or may not have put it online. We'll see.

He didn't. Its fact, not opinion. If you do a popular vote, Gore wins. If you recount the votes (which wouldn't have been necessary if his brother at FOX news hadn't called it for him in the first place) and do it electorally, Gore won Florida, and thus the election. The only reason that Bush won the election was that the supreme court called a recount unconstitutional, not because he won the election. endof. If you require facts on anything I've just said, I can provide sources from credible news sources.

You don't get it. Bush ran his election to get electoral votes, not popular ones...and don't give me that unconstitutional bull crap...they couldn't have done it in a timely enough manner for the best interest of the country, not to mention the lack of unification among voting types.

And all this butterfly ballot, hanging chad stuff...if you're too stupid to understand a ballot, I don't want you to vote.

#28 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(Cript @ Apr 25 2007, 09:15 PM) View Post
You don't get it. Bush ran his election to get electoral votes, not popular ones...and don't give me that unconstitutional bull crap...they couldn't have done it in a timely enough manner for the best interest of the country, not to mention the lack of unification among voting types.

And all this butterfly ballot, hanging chad stuff...if you're too stupid to understand a ballot, I don't want you to vote.

Okay, but all of that is irrelevant.

A) He wouldn't have won in any case, had the supreme court not declared it unconstitutional.

B) If the ballot cannot be correctly sorted by machine, then a hand recount is surely not a luxury, but a necessity. Did you ever see pictures of those damn ballots? Had arrows running all over the place, names not lined up with the hole you punch for that person, etc. My second cousin (or so I've always called him) lived in florida at the time, and personally spent 3 minutes in the voting booth figuring out the instructions for his ballot. And this is a guy that scored 122 on the IQ test. And don't even bring up the point of someone being stupid, because there is nothing in the constitution that says you have to be smart to vote.

#29 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:51 PM

Rawr. I took the time to make an educating guide on how those three harm people. Let's begin.

HARMFUL STUFF AND YOU

Incase you still don't understand:

THC BURNS YOUR NEURONS ALIVE.
Abortion is the antichrist of fetus-kind. FETUS ARE barkING ALIVE YOU SEAL CLUBBER
and finally,
EUTHANASIA KILLS SAID ONE TO BE EUTHANISED. GOD ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT, THAT'S JUST A LITTLE HARMFUL DONT YOU THINK

#30 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(Euphoria @ Apr 25 2007, 09:51 PM) View Post
Rawr. I took the time to make an educating guide on how those three harm people. Let's begin.

HARMFUL STUFF AND YOU

Incase you still don't understand:

THC BURNS YOUR NEURONS ALIVE.
Abortion is the antichrist of fetus-kind. FETUS ARE barkING ALIVE YOU SEAL CLUBBER
and finally,
EUTHANASIA KILLS SAID ONE TO BE EUTHANISED. GOD ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT, THAT'S JUST A LITTLE HARMFUL DONT YOU THINK

Right... first of all, please provide documentation regarding your point about THC 'BURNING YOUR NEURONS ALIVE' as I am disinclined to believe you.

Abortion kills living cells, not a living being.

Euthanasia is usually used to allow old people to kill themselves, hence the term 'physician assisted death' in which a doctor administers a death serum through IV. It can also be used to justify allowing someone that cannot survive without medical equipment like a respirator. Those people would die without constant medical care, and most of the time its not their decision to be there in the first place, but another family member that is simply prolonging death.

#31 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE(pink ladylion @ Apr 25 2007, 11:13 PM) View Post
Abortion kills living cells, not a living being.

All you are is cells too.

#32 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(Cript @ Apr 26 2007, 04:20 AM) View Post
All you are is cells too.

Thank you. Maybe now he'll grasp the concept.

One person has the right to take your life - God. You do not decide when you are born, so you should not decide when you die.

#33 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:37 AM

What if the mother was raped and got pregnant, or the baby could kill her or damager her in a serious way? Think about it, if I was raped and was pregnant ~(in a messed up world), I wouldn't want to give birth to something that would constantly remind me of the day I was raped.

#34 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Apr 26 2007, 09:37 AM) View Post
What if the mother was raped and got pregnant, or the baby could kill her or damager her in a serious way? Think about it, if I was raped and was pregnant ~(in a messed up world), I wouldn't want to give birth to something that would constantly remind me of the day I was raped.

Why should the child be denied the most important right of all because of the father's actions?

#35 Charmender

Charmender
  • Awesome

• 4104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE(Euphoria @ Apr 26 2007, 12:23 PM) View Post
Why should the child be denied the most important right of all because of the father's actions?

But it isnt a child at the time, it cant even think to start with so it wouldnt even know it is alive, and all this bullshit about weed harming others is just stupid, alcohol makes you loud and violent, weed chills you out, and makes you giggle, depending on the strain, also it doesnt fry shit like you said, it blocks some electrical signals to the brain for the duration of the trip, hence the short term memory loss after smoking, it isnt harming anyone else, and it isnt harming you either. Shitloads of pub fights and shit happen because of alcohol and you can die from over drinking, it is impossible to die from smoking weed, other than lung damage, but you get that more from normal smoking and that is legal

#36 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE(CaluM @ Apr 26 2007, 06:56 AM) View Post
But it isnt a child at the time, it cant even think to start with so it wouldnt even know it is alive, and all this bullshit about weed harming others is just stupid, alcohol makes you loud and violent, weed chills you out, and makes you giggle, depending on the strain, also it doesnt fry shit like you said, it blocks some electrical signals to the brain for the duration of the trip, hence the short term memory loss after smoking, it isnt harming anyone else, and it isnt harming you either. Shitloads of pub fights and shit happen because of alcohol and you can die from over drinking, it is impossible to die from smoking weed, other than lung damage, but you get that more from normal smoking and that is legal

Yep...I tell you what, I would love nothing more than the guy driving a semi in front of me to be "giggling and chilled out."

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Apr 26 2007, 03:37 AM) View Post

Adoption exists for a reason...and I am not a huge opponent of it when it's a danger to the woman or in rape cases.

#37 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE(Cript @ Apr 26 2007, 01:03 PM) View Post
Yep...I tell you what, I would love nothing more than the guy driving a semi in front of me to be "giggling and chilled out."
Adoption exists for a reason...and I am not a huge opponent of it when it's a danger to the woman or in rape cases.

What about Cocaine as that acutally enhances your reaction times and can improve driving?

Also, not everyone wants to adopt, some people want to acutally feel that their child is their own flesh and blood.

#38 Charmender

Charmender
  • Awesome

• 4104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE(Cript @ Apr 26 2007, 01:03 PM) View Post

Like redlion said, you cant stop idiots, same with drink drivers so your logic there is pointless

#39 ArchAngel.

ArchAngel.
  • 991 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:55 AM

The ninth amendment couldn't apply to abortion...
The debate over abortion is whether the baby is a person or not.
Abortion does harm another person, the baby, unless you argue that it isnt a person.

Also, marijuana and other highifying drugs won't be legalized...
It can potentially cause harm to other people, because while they're high, they have no idea what the bark they're doing.

-edit-
If the so called human being cannot exist without the mother, how can it be called a human being? If I cut off my finger, it dies, but that doesn't make it human. Same thing with an abortion. Once you get to the point where the fetus could survive on its own (breathing and mentally) then you've got a human. Before that, that 'baby' doesn't even have the capacity to live by itself. So sure, no abortions in third trimester.

Sure it can't live on it's own, but neither can a newborn baby or a 3 year old or a senior citizen with Alzheimer's.
That's no way to go about treating the subject, especially since its been proven that they dream around the end of their first trimester...

Edited by ArchAngel., 26 April 2007 - 05:58 AM.

#40 Charmender

Charmender
  • Awesome

• 4104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE(ArchAngel. @ Apr 26 2007, 02:55 PM) View Post
Also, marijuana and other highifying drugs won't be legalized...

Your wrong, cannabis is well on its way to becoming legalized in alot of countries, if alcohol is legal why not cannabis, alcohols effects are alot worse than cannabis's

#41 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE(CaluM @ Apr 26 2007, 07:51 AM) View Post
Like redlion said, you cant stop idiots, same with drink drivers so your logic there is pointless

How's that? It's illegal to drink and drive...you people wouldn't have a problem smoking weed and driving.

#42 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE(Cript @ Apr 26 2007, 02:51 PM) View Post
How's that? It's illegal to drink and drive...you people wouldn't have a problem smoking weed and driving.

Maybe your country is barked up enough to let people do that, but it is already illegal to drive under the influence of any drug that effects your control of the vehicle.

#43 Charmender

Charmender
  • Awesome

• 4104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:49 AM

Lee got what i meant, if they legalized weed, it would be illegal to drive under the infulence anyway, you should drive clear headed, i didnt mean smkoke weed and drive.

#44 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(CaluM @ Apr 26 2007, 10:49 AM) View Post
Lee got what i meant, if they legalized weed, it would be illegal to drive under the infulence anyway, you should drive clear headed, i didnt mean smkoke weed and drive.

In that case, I couldn't care less what is legal...I just don't want people to get high and decide they can drive...the effects seem very similar to that of alcohol and if we can tax it, then by all means...problem is though, who gets to sell it? Obviously it'd have to be produced inside our country, which would involve huge races to see who could make the best shit...pretty scary.

This likely won't happen though, imagine the amount of money our country has spent in our War against drugs.

#45 Charmender

Charmender
  • Awesome

• 4104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE(Cript @ Apr 26 2007, 07:15 PM) View Post
In that case, I couldn't care less what is legal...I just don't want people to get high and decide they can drive...the effects seem very similar to that of alcohol and if we can tax it, then by all means...problem is though, who gets to sell it? Obviously it'd have to be produced inside our country, which would involve huge races to see who could make the best shit...pretty scary.

This likely won't happen though, imagine the amount of money our country has spent in our War against drugs.

You dont think companys are in huge races to make things already?

#46 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:07 PM

I resign.

The logic which 80% of this board holds is so staggeringly incomprehensible I feel there's no hope for any actual intelligent, meaningful discussion here any longer.

#47 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE(Euphoria @ Apr 27 2007, 05:07 AM) View Post
I resign.

The logic which 80% of this board holds is so staggeringly incomprehensible I feel there's no hope for any actual intelligent, meaningful discussion here any longer.

So you posted your leaving? I don't see how you can acutally complain when you provide as much use a solar powered torch to this board.

I don't get what you're saying Cript, are you saying people don't drive under the influence now, or are you saying more people will because it will be legal? If so, I believe the laws would obviously be stricter for those who drive under the influence of a drug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users