Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

I have a pet that is

Level 3
27 strength
31 defence
6 movement
88 hp

Two questions...

At his current state, can he beat all of the avatar battledome opponents?

How do I go about making him trainable?

Thanks!

#52 thorgal

thorgal
  • 421 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

I recently started playing and used to play the old battledome were your pet got healed after it won a battle. It's no longer like that.

What's the cheapest way to heal except the fountain?

#53 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

The cheapest healing items come from the Healing Springs faerie herself. But you can only buy from her every 30 minutes.

I'm currently using one of the Obelisk plot prizes (Rejuvenating Jar of Brains) to get my pet healed up inside the battledome.

#54 KleinBucket

KleinBucket
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question/has been asked before, but I keep seeing conflicting reports, so I still don't know who's right.

1. How do reflected icons work in new BD. Can they get blocked or not in 1P? 2P?
  2. Does Voidberry Potion use opponent's strength boost in 1P? 2P?

Edited by KleinBucket, 27 April 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#55 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

Sorry if this is a dumb question/has been asked before, but I keep seeing conflicting reports, so I still don't know who's right.

1. How do reflected icons work in new BD. Can they get blocked or not in 1P? 2P?
  2. Does Voidberry Potion use opponent's strength boost in 1P? 2P?

1. Reflection is still currently broken in the new battledome; you still take the damage and then do equal damage back to your opponent. The way it is supposed to work is that you block the damage and then do the same damage back to your opponent. Make sense now?
  2. Yes and yes.

#56 KleinBucket

KleinBucket
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

1. Reflection is still currently broken in the new battledome; you still take the damage and then do equal damage back to your opponent. The way it is supposed to work is that you block the damage and then do the same damage back to your opponent. Make sense now?
  2. Yes and yes.

Thanks for the response. I didn't know that reflection doesn't even block the icons anymore. What I meant to ask was:

1. Can reflected icons be blocked again by the attacker if the attacker moves first? second? What was it originally?
  2. I heard reports that they no longer use opponent's strength boost. Do regular reflected icons also use opponent boost? And do you have to click first or second?

#57 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for the response. I didn't know that reflection doesn't even block the icons anymore. What I meant to ask was:

1. Can reflected icons be blocked again by the attacker if the attacker moves first? second? What was it originally?
  2. I heard reports that they no longer use opponent's strength boost. Do regular reflected icons also use opponent boost? And do you have to click first or second?

1. No reflected icons can't be block and/or reflected and never have been able to. The reason for this is to prevent endless loop turns.
  2. Okay so...
    1. I've tested a 1.5 boost against a 7 boost and the damage was consistent with a 7 boost. It may have been isolated to the items I was using.
    2. Regular reflected icons do not use your opponents strength boost though I believe TNT said somewhere eventually they all would.
    3. Second iirc.

#58 KleinBucket

KleinBucket
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

1. No reflected icons can't be block and/or reflected and never have been able to. The reason for this is to prevent endless loop turns.
  2. Okay so...
    1. I've tested a 1.5 boost against a 7 boost and the damage was consistent with a 7 boost. It may have been isolated to the items I was using.
    2. Regular reflected icons do not use your opponents strength boost though I believe TNT said somewhere eventually they all would.
    3. Second iirc.

Thanks! God I hope they fix the BD sometime...it's getting confusing keeping track of what works, what's supposed to work, and what's not supposed to.

Your explanation about not reflecting reflected icons makes sense. Although at least one source says it can be blocked:

The simplest way to put it is if you move (hit Go) first, you CAN block reflected icons. Again, in 1-player battling the computer ALWAYS moves first which is why you can't block icons that are reflected back at you and why they CAN block icons you reflect at them.

- http://home.roadrunn...reflection.html

Meanwhile TNT Beta page says:

Weapons that reflect damage may not work properly

-http://www.neopets.com/dome/beta.phtml

Maybe I should give up. The answer might depend on each weapon...

At least I found out one thing today, which is that overhealing works! (http://www.neocodex....ttledome-works/)

Edited by KleinBucket, 08 May 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#59 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

If reflection can be blocked then that is news to me. Maybe there a subtle update to the Battledome I missed hearing about.

#60 bellabrianne

bellabrianne
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

I recently started playing and used to play the old battledome were your pet got healed after it won a battle. It's no longer like that.

What's the cheapest way to heal except the fountain?

I use a greater healing scroll, the lens flare ability and any item that defeats mr. chuckles in the battledome

#61 domiowa

domiowa
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

If you want a good freeze which is cheap, take a lenny and use the lenny lasso 300K for a 100% freeze, it's the best deal

#62 Docshroomed

Docshroomed
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

Are strength/defense boosts still in effect?

#63 abbatoir

abbatoir
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

Are strength/defense boosts still in effect?

Yes, they are.

#64 BestUsukigirlNA

BestUsukigirlNA
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:06 PM

I have a very strong Lab Rat pet

it has only 1 level but super high health, high attack, very low def, high movement

So whats the most consistent weapons or combnation I should create?

Im thinking of

Ghost Bomb

Sword of Reif

Hasty Mace

H4000

Downsize

(the 100% light block umbrella)

Not sure whats other 2 slot should be

Edited by BestUsukigirlNA, 09 November 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#65 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

Any battledome gurus still around? Hoping to get some clarity on something I've been wondering for years, but never thought to ask.

Most (if not all) guides about strength/defense boosts go up to 750 or says something like 750+ = 16 boost. So does it cap at 16 or does it continue every 50 for ∞? 800 = 17, 850 = 18, 900 = 19... so on and so forth?

Was trying to figure out if it's worth training beyond 750 for anything other than showing off or just put everything into HP.

Edited by Alexiel, 04 August 2016 - 02:55 PM.

#66 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:26 PM

@Alexiel

I had a 3k HSD for some time before I got iced a month ago or so.

As far as Im concerned theres no point in training past 750 str/def since those are the caps. Just train your health and level to make it trainable and such.

#67 Silentqueen

Silentqueen
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

Hello, 

I need some information please. Is the Ice Scorchstone glitched/ not working?

It doesn't seem to work for me, I've tried it several times and it didn't do anything. 

#68 magic8ball

magic8ball
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:07 PM

Hello, 

I need some information please. Is the Ice Scorchstone glitched/ not working?

It doesn't seem to work for me, I've tried it several times and it didn't do anything. 

Are you still experiencing issues? It might be better to contact Neopets if you're experiencing bugs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users