President, Woman,Black,Old Guy

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 thomast

thomast
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (oxlilshorti @ Feb 24 2008, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
personally I believe Hillary should and will win, because of the fact that many people over look. She has been in office before, she knows what it's like. So who better to lead this great nation if not a previous first woman?

EXACTLY I COUND'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MY SELF

#27 adonis

adonis
  • 789 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (oxlilshorti @ Feb 24 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
personally I believe Hillary should and will win, because of the fact that many people over look. She has been in office before, she knows what it's like. So who better to lead this great nation if not a previous first woman?

oh and the other canidates haven't held political office before or as long? Please explain furthur what makes her the best canidate for the presidency.

#28 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:10 PM

Will you please learn where the god damn caps lock key is, and turn them off. dry.gif

On Topic:
I don't have a clue who the old guy is supposed to be, I've only heard of the other two. I don't follow these things though, so have no idea who will/won't/should/shouldn't win.

#29 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (xcine @ Feb 24 2008, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will you please learn where the god damn caps lock key is, and turn them off. dry.gif

Hi sarah! : > I liked it better when your name was sarah. sad.gif

#30 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Cory @ Feb 24 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi sarah! : > I liked it better when your name was sarah. sad.gif
Sorry sad.gif I couldn't have it as just 'Sarah' cause of some other account, and I got fed up of swapping between foreign characters/symbols and other random crap. xD

#31 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

Everyone chill out for a moment tongue.gif

I don't know who I'd prefer to win out of the likely candidates. I really, really like Obama and agree with a lot of points he makes. However, I feel he's lacking in substance in many instances and tries to win people over with a lot of charisma (he reminds me of Bill in some senses).

On the other hand though, I think McCain would make a good president. He's very experienced and very reasonable. He's willing to work with both sides in an attempt to actually do what he feels is best for his country.

In the end, I'd probably go with McCain. I'd like to see Obama run again in 2012 though.

#32 oxlilshorti

oxlilshorti
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (adonis @ Feb 24 2008, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh and the other canidates haven't held political office before or as long? Please explain furthur what makes her the best canidate for the presidency.

I do not deny the fact that other canidates have held political positions longer then Mrs. Cliton, infact the only one I believe is McCain. But the facts are clear, by saying she was in office before I am mearly pointing out the fact that she has been a first woman and has experienced 8 years, I believe, of the presidental life. She knows the stress that fallows the president, other canidates only know the stress of running a state. However I do believe that Obama would mae a great president aswell, but unfortunatly he will be assinated, if not by some crazed citizen then by the white surpemices (sp?). Though when either Democratic candiate wins the right to fully run for office I believe it would be wise to take on the other as their Vice-President.

As far as McCain goes, well I am from Arizona so naturally I am rooting for him on the Republican side, but I do think that this nation is so fed up with Republicans that they need a change. Both the Senate and the House are run by Democrates right now.

Edited by oxlilshorti, 24 February 2008 - 03:36 PM.

#33 Lawivido

Lawivido
  • iOS Hacker

• 2018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:51 PM

I say you drop all the candidates and start all over.

#34 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:08 PM

I'm happy with Obama. I find him visionary and diligent [in achievement] enough to enact change.

#35 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

i'm voting black man.

#36 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:38 PM

Who wins doesn't matter (but if you don't know already, the democratic party.) At the end of the day, the three canidates who have a chance are going to take things further down the drain, disguised as "change," "hope," and all the other jargon they preach that borderlines on insanity. The big question is whether you prefer a big government liberal or a big government conservative.

#37 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:56 PM

Hillary because she will be similar to Bill

McCain = cancer, loves war
Obama = Talks about change, but what kind of change? On many subjects he has no known view, and seems like he would try to do whats right for a little while and then just give up. Also he smokes, but I believe he said he'd quit if he made it to the white house.
Paul = Obvious choice, but sadly enough Americans dont know about him
Huckabee = No chance and seems like a loose cannon.

QUOTE (Lawivido @ Feb 24 2008, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I say you drop all the candidates and start all over.

+1

QUOTE (Kitsune @ Feb 24 2008, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's stupid reasons like those that made you end up with Bush for a leader. Learn from your damned mistakes Americans.

Its not stupid reasons that get Bush in there, its stupid people

QUOTE (Brandon @ Feb 24 2008, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone chill out for a moment tongue.gif

Peace! Peace! smoke and toke all day cool.gif

Edited by Fatal, 24 February 2008 - 05:53 PM.

#38 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Kitsune @ Feb 24 2008, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's stupid reasons like those that made you end up with Bush for a leader. Learn from your damned mistakes Americans.

Well, The Onion predicted it. What can we say?

#39 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:09 PM

after i read about Paul's decision in the Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act, he lost my vote.

fuck Ron Paul.

#40 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

America's "fallen heroes" died for the protection of civil liberties. And it wasnt like Paul's vote mattered a hell of a lot. I think the only person who was with him on that was Barney Frank. It's those little acts congress passes that add up, and that, regardless of morality, was no different. You also have to consider that such delusional, pathetic human beings such as Fred Phelps are so few and far between that such protections can be dealt with on private and/or local matters.

#41 The Cookie Dragon

The Cookie Dragon
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Urban @ Feb 24 2008, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Black men were given the right to vote before white women.
Obama will win with ease.

Thank you thank you thank you, dear god, for saying it before me. I was going to bring up that point, but now I don't have to! Wee! Anyway, my two cents? None of the three should win, but someone will. Please, heavens above, let it be Obama. He may not have experience, but that may not be such a bad thing. What happens to you when all your experience comes from a corrupted source? He hasn't been in the game long enough to become jaded; he's actually still a positive force. Personally, I would've voted in Romney, but McCain slept around and got his share in Florida, and it was the beginning of the end. I refuse to vote for that two-faced, lying, side-switched SOB. Regan republican, my ass. -coughcough- Sorry. And Hillary? Oh. Dear. God. No. Please, no. One Clinton was enough. Between people mysteriously disappearing, shady politics, and godawful foreign and domestic policies... just no.

The Cookie Dragon says: Wow, I mentioned god a lot. Note to the Catholic church! Politics makes a person more religious, if only 'cause they're praying not to be led around by an idiot.

QUOTE (Kitsune @ Feb 24 2008, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Worst reason ever to choose someone to run a country - because they have some anatomical difference to the norm. Be it their skin colour or that they're a woman. Not to mention just because Clinton was the first lady, does not mean she will do a better job as a president.

Also, wtf is with Obama being referred to by his last name yet Clinton doesn't get the same? First name or last, not a mixture, it implies disrespect.

I'm with Joe... I detest political discussions such as these, but there was some seriously bad reasoning that had to be replied to.

I only do it because it gets confusing figuring out which Clinton you mean, Bill or Hillary. No disrespect intended. (If I intended to disrespect one of them, we'd all know it!) tongue.gif

The Cookie Dragon says: Politics hurt my head...

#42 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:25 PM

He has though. You have to remember Obama was a lawyer well before politics

#43 The Cookie Dragon

The Cookie Dragon
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Athean @ Feb 24 2008, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He has though. You have to remember Obama was a lawyer well before politics

If you were to put Hillary and the most depraved, corrupt lawyer on the face of this Earth in a locked room together... I would fear for the lawyer. Politics is more jading (er? word?) than even the legal profession. Besides, Obama seems like one of those people who can take a lifetime of bad and still come out good. It's a rare thing, and better for this country than a liar or She Who Makes Men Go Bye-Bye.

Keebler loves me.

#44 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

But whats the point if Obama is semi genuine if his policies are equally disastrous, regardless if the similar conclusions he shares with hillary come from a less "evil" background?

Edited by Athean, 24 February 2008 - 08:38 PM.

#45 The Cookie Dragon

The Cookie Dragon
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Athean @ Feb 24 2008, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But whats the point if Obama is semi genuine if his policies are equally disastrous, regardless if the similar conclusions he shares with hillary come from a less "evil" background?

Ignorance that what you're doing is wrong I can forgive, but blatant flushing-of-the-country-down-the-toilet, I can't. I would prefer a president who honestly wants to do right by the country and is simply going about it the wrong way, because they might come around when they see their way doesn't work. Hillary knows what wants to do won't work. That's why she wants to do it, so everyone becomes dependant upon the now-Democrat ruled government. They want dependance, so they don't lose out. "You need us, see! You need us!" That's what she's after. Obama simply thinks it's the right course for the country because it's what's going to work. He may not know better now, but he has the opportunity to learn. A politician like Hillary will never learn, because she doesn't want to. Her agenda lies in making this country worse, not better.

More politics. Yay. ...I need a cookie.

#46 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:59 PM

I'm inclined to believe that the methods don't nessecarily mean much if the same results will happen though. See what I'm saying? I dont suspect clinton and obama would do much different. They would expand government power in the name of "change" and voting for anyone is a waste of a vote, I think.

#47 Aerowyn

Aerowyn
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:02 PM

I would vote for Obama, because quite frankly, the fact that we've had a Bush, then a Clinton, then another Bush has been rough enough... and you want to put ANOTHER Clinton in office?

It's getting boring. And the fact that it seems monetarily-driven on the part of the Clintons also sways my decision. Obama is a fresh face. He has nothing to lose.

#48 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

If you want to vote for Clinton because of her husband then it is a severe problem. We have a two term limit for a reason. I for one don't like the idea of only two families running the country for 24 years. And who really cares if it's a woman or a black man or he's old. You know what? McCain's old but he's still very much alive and kicking. He's actually very very very healthy and can do a lot. My dad technically has cancer too and is getting there as well and can still do a lot and I expect he'll live more than 15 years from now. As far as I know McCain doesn't have nearly the amount of issues Cheney did and he's still alive, isn't he? It's very stereotypical to also refer to an old person as senile and it's cruel and really just plain rude. That's just as bad as someone saying Clinton is a bitch and a whore just because she's a woman or Obama's a gang member or whatever stereotypes you could think of. I thought America was moving away from these types of stereotypes? Thanks for making me lose a little more faith in humanity.

#49 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:31 PM

Hillary Clinton most likely isn't going to get nominated anyways, so we can basically rule her out.

#50 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (Toxic-Snipe @ Feb 25 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hillary Clinton most likely isn't going to get nominated anyways, so we can basically rule her out.

Still so close but I'll agree with you. She's losing so much support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users