• Please log in to reply
1730 replies to this topic

#1651 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

Can I just congratulate this thread on being 7th top topic of all time on Codex? I think it's quite an achievement seeing as all the rest are generally everyday threads (Neopets random events, lab ray, program threads etc).

#1652 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

Feeling nostalgic, Lee? :p

#1653 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Is 5 years nostalgic? I just saw the other stats thing at the bottom of the main page. Thought it was quite interesting to see. Plus we have on average 25+ memberships a day!

#1654 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Going through "All time top threads" reeks of nostalgia :p

But I guess you were just... doing research ^_^

#1655 Doe

Doe
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

No.

Religions are created by men to control and restrain the masses. Presuming under this knowledge essentially disproves the existence of any and all deities beyond a reasonable doubt. Flying spaghetti monster in the sky = not real.

#1656 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

i do. I believe in me.

#1657 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

Believe, respect, fear, and love God.

#1658 Mizk

Mizk
  • 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

No.

I've had a near death experience, and because of it I cannot believe in god. Not god the way you're meaning, anyway.

On the flipside, if I had been a hardcore christian before it happened, I guarantee I would probably say that I have seen god

Edited by Mizk, 09 June 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#1659 Mizk

Mizk
  • 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Usually near death experiences solidify one's belief in god. What was in your near death experience that made you unable believe in god because of it?

I've read of plenty who turn away from their religion after having a nde as well, so maybe it just depends on the person

It was pretty typical: "tunnel", "barrier", beautiful "music", awareness of being dead, unconditional love, seeing/entering loving light

It just felt more like it (the light) was myself rather than a "god". Explanation escapes words, but it feels like life is more like a game and that when we die we just go back to ourselves -- the player. That's an incredibly basic explanation, but I feel that no explanation would do it justice anyway, or even make sense

EDIT: I don't know if I can put the reason into words, but it's because of first hand knowledge -- experience -- whether "correct" or incorrect, that a belief in a god is just something I do not have and can never get behind. What I I believe happens after death does indeed mirror the description of a "heaven" though

Edited by Mizk, 09 June 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#1660 Cupcakes

Cupcakes
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

I don't believe in a god, nor have I ever, really. I've pretended to appease my parents, but that's about the end of it.

I find it insulting to the universe that people try to explain our lives as an omnipotent ... thing ... that lives in the vastness that is our universe. And also because Christianity is a knock-off of one of the many religions far before its time. 

I really love astronomy and have a huge interest in life before the modern man. If only I were smart enough to be in physics! 

#1661 Clone2000

Clone2000
  • 59 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

Believe, respect, fear, and love God.

Exactly  :thumbsup:

#1662 Violetmebe

Violetmebe
  • 109 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

I dont believe in god. Never have and I dont think I ever will.

#1663 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:45 AM

I can't believe in a deity that claims they are "all loving" and "all forgiving" but also rejects human beings for being of different faith, skin color, or whatever else that sets them apart.

#1664 hedgehog282

hedgehog282
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

No. I was raised catholic but I think of myself as non-religious. I have nothing against religion, it's just not for me.

#1665 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:13 PM

i was raised in a deeply religious muslim family and i'm living in a very conservative society but these recent years i've been questioning my faith a lot. color me agnostic.

#1666 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:07 AM

My answer is no. I used to believe in God, as I was raised as a Christian as a young girl.

When I started reading the Bible, I started getting skeptical about it's events and questioned if such events and feats were possible.
I also started to lose my faith because of the types of Christians that shove their beliefs down people's throats. The type of people who mistreat women, gays, and people of other faiths. So I asked myself, "I thought God loved everyone. Why would He condone such behavior? Is this really the way people of his faith are supposed to act?"

It all sounded asinine to me, so I eventually stopped believing in God alltogether.

#1667 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:04 AM

That's not true? In the Christian faith, the only thing that God rejects are people of a different faith.

Tell that to the people who represent said faith like I said and go unpunished, then. :/

#1668 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

I'm pretty unsure.

I was raise Episcopal, and was confirmed and whatever.

Also was an altar boy for like 8 years, but didn't really enjoy it either.

I'm pretty torn because I want to think that there is a higher being, but I also think the idea of god was constructed by humans, not the other way around.  

#1669 BEDDOEDv

BEDDOEDv
  • 287 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

i would if i could actually saw him or her. i was christned though, so maybe i do in a way.

#1670 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

It's incredibly open to interpretation so it's impossible to have a predefined requisite to what the Christian belief is.

#1671 nevermoir

nevermoir
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

I believe in the FSM. Though there are people who doubt my god, like those who think the IPU is the one true god, my faith has never wavered. R'amen.

But really, once I actually took the bible into deep consideration and attended church upon my friend's invitations, it all started to look like bullshit to me. I don't think I ever really believed although I associated myself as a believer, only because everyone around me was. So then I thought myself as a 'deist' but even that fell down quickly as I looked into science books and the opinions of highly regarded atheists, and their logic made so much sense to me. I think those who deny evolution or doubt the big bang have never actually looked into it, or they did but didn't get the correct concept. 

#1672 Lenaryle

Lenaryle
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

I want to, but I just can't believe is something that has so many interpretations.

The Conjuring made me rethink it though, especially that ending where they talked about how God and Satan is real.

The Warrens are real too, ugh everything in that movie was real.

#1673 Cthulhu

Cthulhu
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

I am a god so I suppose that's rather trivial.

#1674 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Cthulhu is gonna get rid of all the posers and make everything cool and black and stuff. It's gonna be like, a Nine Inch Nails concert that goes on forever.

*wanders off to watch South Park*

#1675 jonis

jonis
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

No. And if he were to materialize in front of me and turn me into a toad, I'd still choose not to believe in him. :p

Edited by jonis, 25 June 2014 - 04:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users