Quantcast

Photo

[Guide] Obtaining, Preparing For, and Using mOBSCENE's / sLAUGHTER's Score Sender

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#151 skyze

skyze
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

Looks like you have a shortcut to Cheat!, wheres the actual application?

Crap. ok it was in a different file. ok i put in the actual cheat app and it works now, but still scoresender doesn't work...

and i've already downloaded those python files

#152 Beeboobop

Beeboobop
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

Are you getting the same error? This might be good game.

#153 skyze

skyze
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

Are you getting the same error? This might be good game.

Cheat! started working but then it froze and closed down.

it said "stopped working"

Edited by skyze, 30 August 2009 - 08:58 PM.

#154 Beeboobop

Beeboobop
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

Well if sLAUGHTER couldn't come up with a solution and you've got all of the required files, then maybe you were born into this world to play neopets the legit way.

Edited by Beeboobop, 30 August 2009 - 09:04 PM.

#155 skyze

skyze
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:28 PM

ok i got neocodex programs to work.
still no luck with SS

#156 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:40 PM

If all the necessary runtime files are inserted into the same folder as the score sender...

You've TRIED running the score sender in compatibility mode...

AND you've tried talking things out with sLAUGHTER...

All to no avail... there might be an underlying problem that we just can't diagnose across a message board. I've seen that Elindoril and Bee have tried their damnedest in my absence and things just aren't working out.

Sorry for your luck, but not everyone can make this work. Apologies :/

#157 Beeboobop

Beeboobop
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

Well, you could buy a new tower, suit it up with an enhanced motherboard, souped up drivers, hardcore power supply with lights, 7.1 surround sound, cd/dvd rewritable drives, 4 gigs of ram, and a 1 terabyte hard drive. That'll do the trick :x3:

#158 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

Getting back to the actual problem instead of thinking that the score sender isn't in the neocodex folder is the only reason for the problem. Can you please post a screenshot of the error you are getting when you open the score sender?

The extra required files are:
COMCTL32.OCX
MSINET.OCX
MSWINSCK.OCX
prjChameleon.ocx

One of those aren't needed in the latest version but it doesn't hurt to download them all just in case. My Score Sender files are in a completely different directory from Neocodex and it works completely fine without problems. Please make sure you have the exact files in the same folder as the ScoreSender.exe

#159 skyze

skyze
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:01 PM

OMG! I GOT IT!

neology you were a bit late but that's exactly what fixed it :)

#160 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:02 PM

Yay! Off to cheating with you then... I'm sure that once you're done score sending you'll come around to the other fine programs around these parts. The community is pretty sweet, after all

#161 skyze

skyze
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

hehe :p is there like a guide to how much time you should put in for each game?

#162 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

Nice to hear you got it working. :thumbsup:

Time to find something else to do now.

#163 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:13 PM

hehe :p is there like a guide to how much time you should put in for each game?

Time-wise, not as of now, it's up to you to figure out and decide how long the program should run before sending a score in.

#164 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

Pokes sig... there will be a list down there really soon.

And Bee and Elindoril, I gave you rep in random posts above for all the support work you did. I think you deserved it for trying to help out on a tough fix :p

#165 Beeboobop

Beeboobop
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

Pokes sig... there will be a list down there really soon.

And Bee and Elindoril, I gave you rep in random posts above for all the support work you did. I think you deserved it for trying to help out on a tough fix :p

I love you. You got repped on your game ratio post because thats going to save me time and headaches;)

#166 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

Thanks mate, though it was going to turn into a "pulling your hair out" in frustration when the problem wouldn't go away.

#167 souske88

souske88
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

I pressed "Updatte Encryption"... and where it says Status:Idle, it stayed Status:Idle... It didn't change at all, I don't think it received my command or something. Now I am scared to use it. I have the latest version, so should I start SSing w/o worrying about this? Or is there some kind of error?

#168 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

I pressed "Updatte Encryption"... and where it says Status:Idle, it stayed Status:Idle... It didn't change at all, I don't think it received my command or something. Now I am scared to use it. I have the latest version, so should I start SSing w/o worrying about this? Or is there some kind of error?

Did you put the flare.exe file in the same folder as the Score Sender? If not, that may be the problem.

#169 souske88

souske88
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:00 PM

Did you put the flare.exe file in the same folder as the Score Sender? If not, that may be the problem.

Why no... I will try that when I get back, thanks!
Along with the flare.exe what other files are needed?

#170 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:20 PM

If you have the necessary library files, just the scoresender and flare should be necessary... happy scoresending ^_^

#171 souske88

souske88
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

If you have the necessary library files, just the scoresender and flare should be necessary... happy scoresending ^_^

Alright cool! Thanks!

#172 Waterloo

Waterloo
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

Okay, so this is probably n00bish of me, but Im crap with all of this programming stuff, so yeah. :p

Basically, I've downloaded the SSer fine.. I'm having troubles with the VB6 runtime files files though. >_< Like, I cant get them in my neocodex folder. O_o I dunno. :(

#173 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

You shouldn't need to... if you've run the VB6 runtime installer, they are installed in your system32 folder and are registered... if you successfully ran the setup, that is...

If you did, then the problem lies elsewhere :p

#174 Waterloo

Waterloo
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

You shouldn't need to... if you've run the VB6 runtime installer, they are installed in your system32 folder and are registered... if you successfully ran the setup, that is...

If you did, then the problem lies elsewhere :p

So the files dont actually need to be in the folder with the SSer? Hmmm. The files ARE in my system32.. I checked. So yeah, it must be another problem. :(

When I click the ScoreSender I get an error message saying something about not having the dependencies. :(

#175 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

So the files dont actually need to be in the folder with the SSer? Hmmm. The files ARE in my system32.. I checked. So yeah, it must be another problem. :(

When I click the ScoreSender I get an error message saying something about not having the dependencies. :(

If it is missing a ocx file, you will have to download it from somewhere. I just googled and got mine from a site that somehow has a large collection of ocx files. Just download the file, run it again, download the next, and so on. I think there are 3 (maybe 4) extra files and they all go in the same folder as the SS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users