Photo

Legalizing Marijuana

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#151 taopunishment

taopunishment
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

I'm all for the legalization of weed.. smoking it seems to be a victimless crime at the moment.

Legalizing it would make weed more safe if you buy it from a reputable dealer, and it would bring in some money because there would be immensely high taxes on it. That said, I still think that you should have to pass certain drug tests to get into certain fields of work.. Weed shouldn't be for everyone lol

#152 LittleOne

LittleOne
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:40 PM

i agree that legalising it will make it safer as i have had some stuff that was laced! not a nice remionder of days past but a nice bud........ reputable dealers would be government ran so it wont be the same

#153 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:53 PM

By the way, the following image is stolen from cracked.com... and references all the important differences between banning alcohol and banning marijuana

Posted Image

Edited by jcrboy, 06 October 2009 - 01:53 PM.

#154 LittleOne

LittleOne
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

gr8 pic sums it up perfectly

#155 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:20 AM

Yes, schizophrenia is not that a bad side effect.

#156 LittleOne

LittleOne
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:50 AM

its lack of a chemical in the brain and if dope helped me defeat it it cant be bad can it really!! anyone seen this weeks eastenders.....i used to be like stacey branning!!

#157 laraboots

laraboots
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:58 AM

Legalizing marijuana is a great idea. Tax the sh*t out of it. Then put anti marijuana adds on the tv so you don't look like a bad government just as they do with tobacco.

#158 Qwerty54

Qwerty54
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:02 AM

I think legalizing it, then putting about 15/20% tax on it would be just about right. If it was legalized, it would likely fall in actual price (its hella easy to grow), so the 15/20% tax would be fine.

P.S: I don't smoke it?

#159 steve189

steve189
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:50 AM

i say let them do it mannnn nothin wrong with a lil shoo shoo

#160 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:23 AM

Yet again, in the netherlands it already is legal :p I could walk up to a coffeeshop and get some weed whenever I want, theres one down the road infact.

#161 LittleOne

LittleOne
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

Yet again, in the netherlands it already is legal :p I could walk up to a coffeeshop and get some weed whenever I want, theres one down the road infact.

thats just not fair lol can i come live with u

#162 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

thats just not fair lol can i come live with u

lol if you pay rent :p

I consider alcohol a bigger problem than weed =/ drunk people get noisy, stoned people get relaxed.

#163 TheNovakGirl

TheNovakGirl
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:19 AM

Only over my dead body.

Weed is nice and all that. I move in circles where people smoke pot like some people smoke fags. I used to buy it too. Yeah, yeah. We must be the coolest kids in the house and all that.

But legalize it? No way, man. You don't see what marijuana does to people until you visit a hippie village. It turns people into zombies. Mumbling, tired, gray-faced ghosts. I'm not kidding. I lived for a week up there in some damned mountains among hippies, and I've seen enough for my life. It kills your brain and your body and your mind. Fey. Yuck.

I started smoking when I was thirteen. I'm still so very sorry for that first cigarette - but okay. Screw it, it was my choice. But what if I have a kid one day, and s/he starts smoking weed at thirteen the way I did with cigs? They were illegal for under aged people too, and we had no problem getting them. It'd be the same way with weed. (Not saying kids can't get weed now when it's illegal - but it's a bit harder to get it, a little bit more'this is special so lets do it one time and get over it'). And I'd kill the dealer who sold my kid weed with my bare hands if I had a choice. If it screws up your brain if you smoke at eighteen or eighty, it screws it ten time worse when you're eight or thirteen.

#164 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:00 AM

But legalize it? No way, man. You don't see what marijuana does to people until you visit a hippie village. It turns people into zombies. Mumbling, tired, gray-faced ghosts. I'm not kidding. I lived for a week up there in some damned mountains among hippies, and I've seen enough for my life. It kills your brain and your body and your mind. Fey. Yuck.

Marijuana was the only thing they were getting high off of?

#165 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:07 AM

Only over my dead body.

Weed is nice and all that. I move in circles where people smoke pot like some people smoke fags. I used to buy it too. Yeah, yeah. We must be the coolest kids in the house and all that.

I started smoking when I was thirteen. I'm still so very sorry for that first cigarette - but okay. Screw it, it was my choice. But what if I have a kid one day, and s/he starts smoking weed at thirteen the way I did with cigs? They were illegal for under aged people too, and we had no problem getting them. It'd be the same way with weed. (Not saying kids can't get weed now when it's illegal - but it's a bit harder to get it, a little bit more'this is special so lets do it one time and get over it'). And I'd kill the dealer who sold my kid weed with my bare hands if I had a choice. If it screws up your brain if you smoke at eighteen or eighty, it screws it ten time worse when you're eight or thirteen.

It's legal over here, and I, to be honest, have never seen anyone like that.

jeez... this topic is the exact oposite of the smoking ban topic lol

#166 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

Basic logic.
If alcohol is legal, which it is.... Then by the same logic, MJ should be legal too.
Any negative side effect can be compared to alcohol and most to tobacco.

But if they legalize marijuana then pot heads will never have anything to talk about ever again.

#167 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

But if they legalize marijuana then pot heads will never have anything to talk about ever again.

Maaan... you're just working for the man. Trying to hold me down. I don't appreciate that. Because the world's out to get us young white males. And that includes taking our pot away.

Edited by jcrboy, 27 October 2009 - 05:58 PM.

#168 TheNovakGirl

TheNovakGirl
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:51 AM

Marijuana was the only thing they were getting high off of?

& hash. :p No other drugs nor alco was allowed in the village because they had severe problems with drunkards and junkies before.

#169 katiedear

katiedear
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:30 PM

His point was that you can't make a profit selling blackmarket alcohol because it's legal and available in liquor stores.

I don't think anyone in this thread is making the claim that drug dealers will be happy to stop their careers. The point is, once you legalize something and make it readily available the need for a black market shrinks quickly to a small group which eventually fizzles out after no profits are turned. I tried to show you that by bringing up prohibition.

Why do you think there are no drug dealers in Amsterdam who sell marijuana?

This is not true, but I'm not even going to touch this right now. If you want to start an argument about national healthcare, make a thread.

This is very wrong. People found guilty of possession in the United States do get jail time - where are you getting your facts? Are you even aware that there is a charge called, "possession"?

Anyway, I did read the article, and that "changing of laws" is actually called decriminalization, which means they no longer classify drug use or possession in small quantities as a crime punishable by jail time. The whole point is that they completely disproved the myth that jail time is a deterrent for drug users, because if that was the case decriminalization would have led to an increase in drug use.

Where are you getting your information because most of it seems either fabricated or literally pulled out your ass for the sake of a really bad point.

lol you havent been to where I live our sheriff grows this shit along with the rest of everyone in town, if they made it illeagle to grow our town would just drop off the map everything is based around pot here from our farming companies to our grocery stores, everything we have is based on growing or selling something in relation to the stuff.

and no one gets arrested, no matter how much you think the system works.

#170 katiedear

katiedear
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:18 PM

where are you from? LOL.

I don't even smoke pot... never really cared for it too much... nice on occasion but that's about all I can stand... but all my friends are pot-heads. Posted Image

im from vermont here the law is you can have
2 oz that you can have on you thats ready to smoke
9 plants in all 2 mature and ready to havest, and 7 immature

Basic logic.
If alcohol is legal, which it is.... Then by the same logic, MJ should be legal too.

ahhh lol I hear this one alot to "if they leaglize weed then the potheads wont be able to talk about it anymore"

this is so not true, sigh I wish I could invite you to some of our circles.....its a relaxiant, meaning it helps those sh one kreep out of there shells and the loud ones to calm down and chill

I do think that people should go overboard with smoking, all it does is put you to sleep. But at least a joint a day for everyone would make society so much happier I think.

p.s. there are no related side effects with pot and alcohol. check out how many high people killed someone driving, very few. Check out the side effects of a mother smoking POT while prego. there are none, no one can find any thing that links pot to a dangerous effect.

#171 swerving2win

swerving2win
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:26 AM

where are you from? LOL.

I don't even smoke pot... never really cared for it too much... nice on occasion but that's about all I can stand... but all my friends are pot-heads. :p

I'm sorry but I find it hilarious you've never smoked even pot, yet you have a Fear & loathing LoLcat signature...

#172 beanso

beanso
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

Katie, I live in Vermont too and it's certainly not legal here.
It's a misdemeanor for 2oz and lower but still illegal.
Plants are also illegal, of course. Medical laws differ but it's probably pretty hard to find a doctor who will prescribe marijuana here unless you have AIDS or something.

And swerving2win, Cody has smoked pot, but he doesn't smoke it often.

#173 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

Basic logic.

"Marijuana can leave you with slower reaction times for up to a full 24 hours or so, so that means its a HUUUUGE danger for all drivers!!!!!!! OHES NOES!"

What do you peeps say when that is said?

Only over my dead body.

You sound like a typical person who thinks MJ is some type of hard drug and FUCKS you up. Simply not the case. Lots of people who smoke weed daily don't turn into zombies, but instead use it for motivation. It's known that marijuana is easier to obtain for kids than alcohol, so I disagree with your statement of cigs being a little easier to access. It's always been easiest for me to obtain bud over anything else while being underage.

#174 swerving2win

swerving2win
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:42 AM

Truth. I've smoked quite a few times.... really just never understood the hype... and yeah I have a fear & loathing sig and a drug related avatar.... recovering drug addict. Still use psychedelic drugs and xanax for anxiety...

No matter how much I smoke... I just don't get it.

Don't get me wrong... I get RIDICULOUSLY high.. like... 2 hits. I'm gone in my own world... and it lasts forever... like 4 hours or so... If I go to sleep high, I'll wake up 10 hours later still feeling high, too. O_o I just don't really enjoy the high... that's all. A good sativa bud on occasion is nice... but I much prefer more psychedelia in my psychedelic drugs... :p

Well makes more sense now. Xanax for anxiety? My ex used to use that... I wish she would quit, it made her incredibly boring individual.

I think MJ is different for everyone. I can understand why you don't like it. For me it increases my anxiety and I become increasingly motivated to clean and work. Basically I can't relax until everything I need to get done in the next week is finished.

#175 beanso

beanso
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

It's known that marijuana is easier to obtain for kids than alcohol, so I disagree with your statement of cigs being a little easier to access. It's always been easiest for me to obtain bud over anything else while being underage.

Definitely. Drug dealers don't ask for ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users