Scammers have gotten funny..

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#26 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

Well there you go. I'm assuming they were going for like, 50np?

no oddly enough 1 went for 1k another for 5k..

#27 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

Then maybe we shouldn't cry everytime someone makes a generalized statement about people who don't speak english? Is that what you're saying?
Best way to avoid scams: don't make friends on neopets.

I took a stance in the discourse. What are you doing? Trying to be clever by twisting my words and make it appear as though I have contradicted myself?
Maybe you shouldn't speak if you're not here to discuss what is at hand but to cause trouble.

#28 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

Before we digress any further, you should realize that iArgue's comment caused me to feel this way. It just so happens that I perceive you to be a pain in the ass. It's comical how you are quick to anger even if you're wrong. You make direct comments targeting a person's intelligence before you even know the person. Is a few words enough to judge an individual? Perhaps you aren't a jaded individual as I first thought, but you sure are reinforcing that image. A forum is a place of discussion, if you cannot handle that other people have different opinions then maybe this place isn't cut out for you. I hope you can refrain yourself from replying with another provocative statement that doesn't bring reason to Neocodex.

Cheers

Oh yeah..inb4 ban/lock/delete

A forum is a place for discussion, yet you don't wish to engage in one? You're a truly pathetic individual.
And I stand by my original assessment of your intelligence and general worth.

#29 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

I'm kinda annoyed how you had to make this thread all about racism and could not just talk about the actual posts. Sure someone might say the wrong thing but does it really matter. Someone can go bash canadians saying that they are all email scammers..do I really care? Even if he explicitly said all nigerians were neopets scammers would it really matter. Are you so offended because of his comment or is it just that you want attention or are full of problems. It is a comment that should not really bother a person. It was not a hit against your religion your family or your beliefs. Why would someone put up such a stink over something neopets related..thats what I want to know.

Simply because I'm Chinese and I felt offended. Yes it is a comment that will bother a person because it bothered me.

#30 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

I took a stance in the discourse. What are you doing? Trying to be clever by twisting my words and make it appear as though I have contradicted myself?
Maybe you shouldn't speak if you're not here to discuss what is at hand but to cause trouble.

You took an invalid stance.
Simply because it's your opinion doesn't automatically engender respect for it.

Not all opinions are equal.

#31 Vexage

Vexage
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

no oddly enough 1 went for 1k another for 5k..

Darn this kid put time and effort into you. Wonder how you got so lucky?

And can't we all just agree to disagree?

#32 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

You took an invalid stance.
Simply because it's your opinion doesn't automatically engender respect for it.

Not all opinions are equal.

How is it invalid? I saw his statement to be extremely prejudiced and decided to speak up. Who said anything about respect? An opinion is not measured in respect, everyone's varies from person to person. Just because you have 14,000 posts and a highly esteemed position in this community doesn't make your opinion any more correct than mine.

#33 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:41 PM

How is it invalid? I saw his statement to be extremely prejudiced and decided to speak up. Who said anything about respect? An opinion is not measured in respect, everyone's varies from person to person. Just because you have 14,000 posts and a highly esteemed position in this community doesn't make your opinion any more correct than mine.

Amazing how all this could of been avoided if you did the smarter thing and just PMed iargue about the comment instead of going off topic and started this argument.

#34 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:42 PM

It's invalid because he didn't display prejudice.

And no, my opinion isn't more correct because of my position, or post count, it's because I can back it up with reasoned argument, as opposed to your incoherent, emotionally-driven ramblings about prejudice.

#35 Atmosphere

Atmosphere
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:45 PM

Haru, I'm asian, I'll tell you right now what iArgue said I took it as a compliment,
I could care less if he said that nigerians/chinese/koreans are scammers, but he also said, "
Its sad that Koreans/chinese/nigerians can scam stuff from people without even putting 5% effort into it"
Just made it seem that they're superior and the noobs who fall for it are retarded,
sadly those noobs who fall for it can still be chinese/korean/nigerians and whatnot, it's still a generalization.
& for the record it wasn't racist to me, asians are good at everything lol. :D

Edited by Atmosphere, 20 December 2009 - 05:51 PM.

#36 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:46 PM

AHAHAHA! Forget the scammers, it's this entire conversation has gotten funny! I wasn't trying to be clever. I just am.
First you crap yourself because someone said something that hurt your feelings. Then you say a forum is a place for discussion, and if you can't handle other people's opinions (an example of that would be... YOU) it's better to leave. THEN you basically tell me to shut up because I stated that you did, in fact, contradict yourself. You've taken this thread completely off topic for no reason at all. Maybe you shouldn't speak, because all that's done is cause trouble.

#37 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

Everyone here should just kiss and make up I figure.

#38 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

Everyone here should just kiss and make up I figure.

Who are you, again? :p

#39 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

A forum is a place for discussion, yet you don't wish to engage in one? You're a truly pathetic individual.
And I stand by my original assessment of your intelligence and general worth.

I have been engaging in this discussion since the very beginning. It seems like your only tactic is to barrage me with judgmental comments.

Anyway how do you wish to assess both of our intelligence and general worth?

I'll begin by saying I entered The University of British Columbia with a President's Entrance Scholarship of $2,500. I am currently studying to major in Biochemistry. I graduated High School with Honours while playing senior Rugby and Volleyball. I am researching in a lab on campus that is related to physics. Im also involved in many clubs. I've been on CBC News for winning a $5000 cheque towards a charity of my choice for winning in a philanthropy contest.

What have you done?

#40 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:58 PM

I have been engaging in this discussion since the very beginning. It seems like your only tactic is to barrage me with judgmental comments.

I'll begin by saying I entered The University of British Columbia with a President's Entrance Scholarship of $2,500. I am currently studying to major in Biochemistry. I graduated High School with Honours while playing senior Rugby and Volleyball. I am researching in a lab on campus that is related to physics. Im also involved in many clubs. I've been on CBC News for winning a $5000 cheque towards a charity of my choice for winning in a philanthropy contest.

What have you done?

You'd think someone that has achieved so much could give a more pressing argument.

#41 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:00 PM

AHAHAHA! Forget the scammers, it's this entire conversation has gotten funny! I wasn't trying to be clever. I just am.
First you crap yourself because someone said something that hurt your feelings. Then you say a forum is a place for discussion, and if you can't handle other people's opinions (an example of that would be... YOU) it's better to leave. THEN you basically tell me to shut up because I stated that you did, in fact, contradict yourself. You've taken this thread completely off topic for no reason at all. Maybe you shouldn't speak, because all that's done is cause trouble.

I handled it by replying. Do you want to show me where I contradicted myself, and then proceed to show me with what statement did I contradict myself with?

You'd think someone that has achieved so much could give a more pressing argument.

It's hard to give a more pressing argument when all I receive is insulting comments instead of rebuttals.

#42 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

What have you done?

Academically? I graduated the University of Nottingham with a BSc Hons in Zoology, having attended with over £6000 of academic grants. Prior to that, my entire secondary education was funded on academic scholarships, which I finished with the maximum grades.
As far as news appearances, I've been in national newspapers for being the youngest ever member of MENSA.

Of course, our relative qualifications are irrelevant, given that our arguments should be assessed on their own merit, not that of the people proposing them. That would be argument from authority, one of those pesky logical fallacies.

And as it stands, you are yet to provide an argument that extends further than an ill-considered emotional outburst.

#43 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

Who are you, again? :p

Hey man, I've been around like all last week! Don't make me turn you into a leper or some crazy shit.

#44 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:17 PM

It wasn't racist.
It was an accurate characterisation.

Let me enlighten you;
"Email scammers are often Nigerian" - Not racist.
"Nigerians are email scammers" - Racist.

Erm +rep.

I hate it when anyone pulls the racist card for somthing that was just true.

Edited by Georgina, 20 December 2009 - 06:18 PM.

#45 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

Academically? I graduated the University of Nottingham with a BSc Hons in Zoology, having attended with over £6000 of academic grants. Prior to that, my entire secondary education was funded on academic scholarships, which I finished with the maximum grades.
As far as news appearances, I've been in national newspapers for being the youngest ever member of MENSA.

Of course, our relative qualifications are irrelevant, given that our arguments should be assessed on their own merit, not that of the people proposing them. That would be argument from authority, one of those pesky logical fallacies.

And as it stands, you are yet to provide an argument that extends further than an ill-considered emotional outburst.

Youngest member of MENSA? Which is odd really because this article says something else. http://www.dailymail...girl-Mensa.html

Of course let us not forget that you may have joined MENSA many many years prior to this article. Now I'm sure we don't want to reveal our real world identities, so I won't be asking for anymore details.

So then please enlighten me how you do base intelligence and general worth. It seems you based it on my knowledge of a virtual game.

For the record, I almost always put my emotions aside when I speak. It seems you may have misinterpreted what I write.

#46 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:26 PM

Youngest member of MENSA? Which is odd really because this article says something else. http://www.dailymail...girl-Mensa.html

Keep in mind Joe is most likely older then 4-5. :p

#47 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

Of course let us not forget that you may have joined MENSA many many years prior to this article. Now I'm sure we don't want to reveal our real world identities, so I won't be asking for anymore details.

So then please enlighten me how you do base intelligence and general worth. It seems you based it on my knowledge of a virtual game.

For the record, I almost always put my emotions aside when I speak. It seems you may have misinterpreted what I write.

Try "did" rather than "may have".

And you are yet to coherently form an actual argument.

#48 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:34 PM

Try "did" rather than "may have".

And you are yet to coherently form an actual argument.

Okay I challenge you to show me proof of a korean scammer, a chinese scammer, and a nigerian scammer. In the event that you do provide the necessary proof, I will concede and leave Neocodex.

Good luck Sweeney :thumbsup::thumbsup:

should be easy enough to verify since you have half the forum agreeing with that sole fact

Edited by haruharu, 20 December 2009 - 06:35 PM.

#49 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

Okay I challenge you to show me proof of a korean scammer, a chinese scammer, and a nigerian scammer. In the event that you do provide the necessary proof, I will concede and leave Neocodex.

should be easy enough to verify since you have half the forum agreeing with that sole fact

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/17/AR2009061703852.html
http://www.firetrust...f-chinese-scams
http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/

These ought to do.

#50 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:44 PM

I think it would be more appropriate, because you were the one that dissagreed with the statement in the first place, for your to show proof that a korean/chinese/nigerian never has scammed anyone wouldnt it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users