• 215 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:33 AM

*gets out the popcorn*

:)

#102 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:33 AM

No, you don't get it, he was not trying to say anything about that, and you must not understand scammers that much, what he was getting at is they are trying to convince you of something, but since they are terrible with the English language, their story just seems stupid and very hard to believe. No one there is trying to be English in Real Life, they are just trying to be English as part of the scam.

You also make it seem like I am stupid as well, I fully understand that every single person fluent in the Japanese language is obviously not of Japanese descent.

Don't worry there was a bit of connection there on your part. They were not trying to be English, they were only trying to speak the english language. Once you understand that I'm sure we'll both be on our way. You're not stupid you just seem to misinterpret what I say. Perhaps you noted some of iArgue's gist, but frankly, we shouldn't have to do that, he should be able to explain himself less ambiguously.

I think Sweeney is definitely right about something here. You guys need to stop writing with your thoughts clouded with emotions. Write cohesively and with purpose and maybe this won't be so hard in the future.

Edited by haruharu, 21 December 2009 - 03:36 AM.

#103 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

What's wrong? Can't engage in a discussion?

I'm not whining I'm discussing, surely a man of your caliber ought to know the difference. It's saddening seeing your intelligence go to waste. You're wasting bytes with those remarks, they don't harm me at all.

Fine then.
Consider the thread.
Which is more likely? That iargue made mistakes which only you picked up on, and that influenced only your reaction, or that you made a mistake?

#104 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:39 AM

Fine then.
Consider the thread.
Which is more likely? That iargue made mistakes which only you picked up on, and that influenced only your reaction, or that you made a mistake?

Yes it may have only induced my reaction, but may be because of many factors. I made a mistake at second glance. But he still has a few partial errors in his post which is undeniable.

I think you made a mistake there Sweeney, they are both likely and they both occurred. I don't think anyone else really took my side.

#105 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:04 AM

I don't think anyone else really took my side.

This should tell you something.

#106 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:26 AM

This should tell you something.

Just means people here are either sycophants, mindless drones, or have different values. Nothing else.

Edited by haruharu, 21 December 2009 - 05:30 AM.

#107 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:47 AM

Just means people here are either sycophants, mindless drones, or have different values. Nothing else.

You say "different values" as if yours are equal, and just different.
Which is not the case.

#108 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:16 AM

Or that you completely misinterpreted what somebody said and everybody else could see that clearly.

I'm just glad that we've all now agreed that Caucasians are the superior race*.

Spoiler

#109 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:18 AM

Spoiler

You made me spit out my milk and laugh. :(

#110 Atmosphere

Atmosphere
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:02 AM

Wow, this is still goin on? LOL.

#111 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:10 AM

Wow, this is still goin on? LOL.

LOL how do you think I feel since it was my thread Posted Image

#112 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:26 AM

This is all your fault. I think you owe everyone an apology. *crosess arms, taps foot impatiently*

It's saddening seeing your intelligence go to waste. You're wasting bytes with those remarks, they don't harm me at all.

How strange you are unharmed by Sweeney's direct comments to you, but iargue's vague comment about Nigerians/Koreans/Chinese, that was in no way directed at you personally, made you decide to go postal! Anyway, I don't think Sweeney's intelligence went to waste at all. It's been great watching him show everyone what a retard you are. People don't give a shit about his post count, or his Spike icon, or that he's a scammer from Nigeria- people agree with him because it's this simple: He's right. You're wrong.

#113 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:57 AM

Congrats. You have just had your first derailed thread! :) *claps*

#114 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:05 AM

You shouldn't be so emotional, because sweeney gets very anal about your certain kind of post, that is unless of course he is your butt buddy and makes exceptions for his most beloved friends.

This is a most laughable suggestion xD

#115 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:13 AM

This is a most laughable suggestion xD

I got a good laugh at that too.

#116 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

Posting in a thread where people argue over the internets. </win>

I remember seeing a half assed maple story fake phishing site... I bet quite a few people know what I am talking about. (lol @ IRC IP's)

It's sad that people scam to gain 20 accounts tops and of those accounts maybe 2 or 3 accounts will have over a million np.

Gotta hate them *insert race that's likely to scam here*.

#117 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

Spoiler

:nono:

Spoiler

#118 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

yay for scammers ~_~. . . when i was younger i did fall for scams UNFORTUNATELY. i guses thats who the scammers are targetting - naive youngsters. .

#119 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:38 AM

This is all your fault. I think you owe everyone an apology. *crosess arms, taps foot impatiently*

How strange you are unharmed by Sweeney's direct comments to you, but iargue's vague comment about Nigerians/Koreans/Chinese, that was in no way directed at you personally, made you decide to go postal! Anyway, I don't think Sweeney's intelligence went to waste at all. It's been great watching him show everyone what a retard you are. People don't give a shit about his post count, or his Spike icon, or that he's a scammer from Nigeria- people agree with him because it's this simple: He's right. You're wrong.

You're the kid who couldn't reply properly to any my rebuttals. Before you twist my words again, I meant that he wastes his intelligence with those comments. Strong reading comprehension skills for someone so clever.

#120 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:52 AM

God, Haru, give this fucking topic a rest and get a life.

#121 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:31 AM

You're the kid who couldn't reply properly to any my rebuttals. Before you twist my words again, I meant that he wastes his intelligence with those comments. Strong reading comprehension skills for someone so clever.

Posted Image

#122 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:08 AM

I've noticed a new trend in scammers. It starts innocently enough with someone NM you in broken english. After the first NM they ask to be your NF. They will then NM you a few times a day and send you little gifts. After a few more days of friendly banter with more gifts always given to you (I wanted to see what would happen if I NM a gift to them and they reject it).

They then send a NM with links of obviously fishing/CG/KL to you.

If you are smart enough to not click on the links a few days another NM will be sent(paraphrasing):

"Hi my Best Friend. I have sad news. My parents/teachers/wife/husband have said I spend too much time on neopets and I must quit. Your pets are so well take care of I know you could take care of mine (BTW they always have higher end but badly named/stats). So you do not get in trouble I will keep it attached to my email. So give me your magic word and I will change it your magic word and you can take it over. Do not tell TNT because they will freeze your account!

I hope to come back someday.
Your friend... "

Um yeah and I was born yesterday!

Hehe that guy sounds like a loser.

PM me your neopets username and password and I'll cuss him out over Neomail.

edit: O_o four pages in? Guess I'm a bit late on this topic.

Edited by Artificial, 22 December 2009 - 06:09 AM.

#123 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:13 AM

edit: O_o four pages in? Guess I'm a bit late on this topic.

Only slightly, and if you read it you'll see we stopped talking about the scammer quite a while back.

#124 Lilithia

Lilithia
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

It's kinda amazing how this whole thread turned to be about racism so quickly. O_o
Does it really matter if someone makes a statement like that which probably wasn't even meant to be insulting? I mean, I'm Chinese too and you don't see me getting all hyped up in defense. And it IS true that quite a lot of us can't really speak English that well. So there.

Anyway, about scammers, best way to steer clear would be to ignore everyone else on neopets and never make neofriends. Maybe. :p

#125 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:41 PM

lol internet RAAAAGE. no need to be racist / flame people!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users