• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

Player of 9 years starting all over from scratch and watching BD items inflate to ridiculous proportions

#2 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

Welcome back to the game. Why did you have to start over from scratch? :o Did something happen?

#3 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

Welcome back to the game. Why did you have to start over from scratch? :o Did something happen?

I'm wondering this too.

Anyways, welcome back

#4 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:13 AM

Welcome back to Neopets. Welcome to Neocodex. Hopefully you'll enjoy it here.

I too am wondering why playing 9 years long makes you have to start from scratch... Did it get extremely cold recently?

#5 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:00 AM

I lost my neopets password and I couldn't recover it because I was an idiot and put my real birthday for the hotmail email address I used. It locked my out instantly until my 13th birthday(I was 12 at the time). By the time I was able to get in my neopets account vanished, not frozen, completely deleted. Since my name wasn't in the DB anymore, both my username and pet name has been registered by someone else. What a terrible way to go down.

#6 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:44 AM

I lost my neopets password and I couldn't recover it because I was an idiot and put my real birthday for the hotmail email address I used. It locked my out instantly until my 13th birthday(I was 12 at the time). By the time I was able to get in my neopets account vanished, not frozen, completely deleted. Since my name wasn't in the DB anymore, both my username and pet name has been registered by someone else. What a terrible way to go down.

Ouch. I lost my first account to a hacker 7 years ago and by the time I realized it was frozen, TNT said it was frozen for too long (I even tried again 3 years ago but it was the same answer) and then it was finally deleted about 1-2 years ago. Strangely my first side account is still on the servers but I don't have the e-mail or fake birthday I used (I was 12 at the time as well and didn't want another restricted account) to recover the password and login.

I miss the old days.

Edited by Kweh, 18 January 2010 - 03:45 AM.

#7 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:54 AM

wow this happend to be me too i lost my first lab map when it was cheap and i miss my mutant grondo but i got my side account. welcome back.

#8 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:00 AM

I didn't even know that they deleted accounts at all. My 7 year old account is still there I just cannot get into it. Its been over 5 years prolly since it has been logged into.

#9 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

welcome back!

#10 Alexa

Alexa
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

I think it's good that they deleat old accounts because a lot of really wn an rn pets are on these accounts and it gives us a chance to recreate them.

#11 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:01 PM

What bd items inflated the most?

#12 ThisisInsane

ThisisInsane
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

Welcome Back!!

#13 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

What bd items inflated the most?

Pretty much all of them. If you had 30 million you could probably buy all the decent BD items at once. For example the H4K/Hypno Helmet restocked at 500np then sold for 40k on the SW.

#14 Is30akc

Is30akc
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

Yeah.. a lot of things inflated. Like the Lab Map...

Welcome back though!

Codex will help you get back on your feet quickly. :)

#15 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:18 PM

Well that sucks. Well welcome back! I just got back into the game, I'm using a 4 year old account because my original 6 year old one is under a fake birthday, like yours, and now I can't get in either. So I know where you're coming from.

#16 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

welcome back newbie. haha jk

#17 RaeveN

RaeveN
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

oh wow.. that sux royally... im sorry. Its good that they recycle old accounts... but it sux for the people who lose them.. same thing sorta happened to me.. I lost a REALLY good account because i forgot the pw.. and the email it is attached to no longer exists. it was a six yr account with awesome pets, avatars, a few trophies items in sdb that are now WAY inflated... blah had to start over from scratch. i feel your pain.

faerie paint brushes went way up.. some petpets ( like the bat boy i had in my sdb... grumble grumble) welcome back by the way.

#18 watashiwakaizoku

watashiwakaizoku
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:42 PM

Well that sucks. Well welcome back! I just got back into the game, I'm using a 4 year old account because my original 6 year old one is under a fake birthday, like yours, and now I can't get in either. So I know where you're coming from.

Yea, I just got back into the game a few days ago too. Had the same problem, fake birthday. Thank god I used my real birth-year at least, so I started trial 'n error from 1 Jan. As luck would have it, I did put 1 Jan as my birthday, so I got my 7+ years a/c back. ;)

#19 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

Ouchhhh. TNT is lame. :/

But welcome back. I sure as hell wouldn't have came back.
I need to break my addiction :(

#20 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:10 AM

I never welcomed you.

I'm belatedly correcting this mistake...

*goes to hunt for a way to change my post's timestamp*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users