Photo

Fast way to block a bunch of images.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 smcdreamz

smcdreamz
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:13 AM

Took me a while but I figured out a quick way to block all items that won't give you profit.

Alrighty. This might seem long, but its very fast way to block all items that won't give you profit in the whole database!

Step 1. Go to the Item Database and go to Restock List

Step 2. Choose a shop, (I chose Fresh Food as a test) and for the minimum profit, type a high negative number, such as -500000 so it will show all items every item that won't give you profit. List by Profit, Ascending.

Step 3. Scroll down until you start seeing profit items and search for a minimum profit you would like, such as "Smiley Pancakes" in the Fresh Food Shop (Profit is close to 1,000 NP).

Step 4. So at this step you're looking for an item that has a decent profit amount you like. I'll use Smiley Pancakes as an example. The profit is around 1,000 NP. Anything Below Smiley Pancakes will have a higher profit, which is what you want.

Step 5. Now, Right click anywhere on the page (That isn't a picture or a link) and go to View Page Source. Hit CTRL+F and type in Smiley Pancake. Scroll down maybe a few more lines and you should see "Cost", "Profit", and a "Time" So pretty much you'll see 2 number a little below the item name. The first number is the item cost, second number is the profit, and the third one below that is when the item was last seen. Look below the time the item was last seen and you should see </center> </td> </tr> Click right after </tr> so that your insertion point is to the right of </tr>

Step 6. Hold Shift, and Hit CTRL+Home to highlight all the way to the top.

Step 7. Hit CTRL + C to copy the highlighted section.

Step 8. Go to freewebs.com and make an account. (Or any free web hosting sites)

Step 9. After the account has been made, edit your home page and paste what you copied in there and save it.

Step 10. View the page and you should have a replica of Neocodex.us =D

Step 11. If you have Adblock-Plus, click on the icon at the top right and a little box at the bottom should pop up that says "Blockable items on current page."

Step 12. Left click on any of em, and hit CTRL+A to select all.

Step 13. Hit CTRL+C to copy it.

Step 14. Open up a word document and paste what you copied in there.

Step 15. Now what you have to do is delete everything that isn't an image file. Very simple. Images will start with this line:

http://www.etsadmin....img.php?img=***

All you have to do is search from the top down till you hit the first http://www.etsadmin....img.php?img=*** and delete everything above that line.
Then scroll to the very bottom of the text and search from the bottom up till you hit the first http://www.etsadmin....img.php?img=*** and delete everything below that line.

So what you have now is a list of images, like this http://www.etsadmin....img.php?img=***

Step 16. Highlight the followin line: www.etsadmin.com/safeimg.php?img=

Step 17. Hit CTRL + F to open up the Find Box. Click on the "Replace" tab.

In the "Replace" part, paste www.etsadmin.com/safeimg.php?img=
In the "Replace with" part, leave it blank and then click on Replace all.

Now all you are left with are the image links for Neopet items =D

Almost done.

Step 18. Adding it to the list of filters. Go to the very top and paste this up top.

(Adblock Plus 0.6.1.2 or higher required) [Adblock]
! Checksum: FFGqOfsf6UjzegdBstVlAA

It should be right above your first item.
So it should look something like this.

(Adblock Plus 0.6.1.2 or higher required) [Adblock]
! Checksum: FFGqOfsf6UjzegdBstVlAA
http://images.neopet...ms/Crackers.gif

Step 19. Now click on file, save as, and save the document as a plain text file.
Step 20. Right click on the Adblock-Plus Icon and go to Preference. Click on Filters > Import Filters. Search for the text document you just save and click open. It'll ask you to replace or append. Click on Append.
Voila.

You just blocked probably about a few hundred items in about...15 or 20 minutes. =)
Let me know if you need screenshots to help out or you are stuck somewhere.

Oh. And another thing. Your firefox might freeze when you paste the page source from neocodex to your free site. So you might want to paste it to a word document, and copy it over part by part.

Edited by smcdreamz, 26 January 2010 - 12:43 AM.

#2 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:01 AM

I was thinking that this would be faster. but I wasn't sure that if I blocked every item I would block like, EVERYTHING on neopets including the tabs

Guess not :p

actually, i have a question:

Why Would you need to create the freewebs? Why not just go directly from addblock plus --> Word?

#3 smcdreamz

smcdreamz
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:22 AM

I was thinking that this would be faster. but I wasn't sure that if I blocked every item I would block like, EVERYTHING on neopets including the tabs

Guess not :p

actually, i have a question:

Why Would you need to create the freewebs? Why not just go directly from addblock plus --> Word?

Cause when you go click on Adblock-Plus, it'll show all blockable items on the page. This would work, but the Adblock-Plus lists the items in ABC order, so all the items are mixed up. So what you need to do is recreate the page that shows only the items you want blocked. By pasting the page source you copied to a new site, you create a web page that shows only the items you want blocked. That way you can just block every image that is listed and you won't have to worry about it blocking the wrong one.

#4 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:41 AM

Great, I do that too, only directly from neocodex :)
This is how I do it:

1) click a shop and check for 'profit', sort asc, price range 1 to something-high, like 100k (it doesn't matter, you just don't want the unpriced items to be blocked)

2) click at adblock, 'open blockable items'

3) filter by 'neopets.com'

4) ctrl+a, copy paste to notepad, replace all as well

5) add [Adblock Plus 1.1]

6) save and import

Just thought it'd be worth mentioning a way that doesn't involve creating an account somewhere :)

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

Really? I did the same way as Rita, just copied all and deleted everything else. It takes maybe 5 minutes per page. I didn't create a freewebs page :o

Edited by Bohgaurd, 26 January 2010 - 09:49 AM.

#6 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:53 AM

A few things:

1. I just viewed the source of the Restock List Generator, and the information from the items was not stored there?
2. If you have access to the RLG, you can use Abrosia in whichever shops you choose... but then again, I'm pretty lazy like that.
3. Instead of creating a freewebs account, try saving the information you're referencing as an HTML file and opening it locally. That should shave some time off this method.

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:00 AM

here's what I did:

Go to a page where the entire page you don't want. Go to adblock and select all, paste it to Word.
Look for the image files, for me, they were all grouped together, and delete everything below and above the group.
Continue doing this until you're done the entire shop.
Then paste it into Notepad (because it looks better) and replace the first part from www.estadmin........img= to just |http://.
Import to Adblock, (if you have a partial list already, just append)
takes about 20-30 minutes for an entire shop. I skipped the middle parts.

Note: I'd recommend holding "enter" while replacing the www.estadmin bla bla because doing too many automatically can sometimes crash notepad. Holding enter hasn't for me. Make sure you save otherwise you'd have to do it all over again if something goes wrong >_<

#8 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:15 AM

Guys, I don't understand why you all are having so many troubles in searching the images, replacing, etc... Adblock has an option to filter - just filter by 'neopets.com', you would end up only with images.

EDIT:
smcdreamz I hope I'm not being pushy, but I thought screenshots would be semi-helpful :S

1. Define the search
Posted Image

2. Show blockable items and FILTER
Posted Image

3. Copy paste to notepad, search and replace all

Posted Image

4. Add the attribute, and voila... Just import

Posted Image

Edited by Rita, 26 January 2010 - 11:25 AM.

#9 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

Kudos to you all! :)

#10 smcdreamz

smcdreamz
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:11 PM

Guys, I don't understand why you all are having so many troubles in searching the images, replacing, etc... Adblock has an option to filter - just filter by 'neopets.com', you would end up only with images.

This would be quite easier. xD

I completely forgot you can filter by price range cause I was focused on listing by profits. It showed Unpriced items when I listed them. Whoops. ^^ Thanks for clearing it up.

#11 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:21 PM

This would be quite easier. xD

I completely forgot you can filter by price range cause I was focused on listing by profits. It showed Unpriced items when I listed them. Whoops. ^^ Thanks for clearing it up.

Thank you for bringing up the thread in the first place :thumbsup:

Btw, I might be having one of my blond moments, but can anyone please explain how come the profit can be LESS than the item's price? Look at cookie negg in the screenie, sold for 3132, and has a profit of -3900. Meaning it would cost -768 O_o Am I being really stupid right now?
If I buy an egg for 10 bucks, and it's sold for 5, bad for me, I gain -5 profit. But I can't possibly lose more than 10 bucks - selling for 10 would mean giving it for free, I can't lose 20 bucks @_@

#12 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

Thank you for bringing up the thread in the first place :thumbsup:

Btw, I might be having one of my blond moments, but can anyone please explain how come the profit can be LESS than the item's price? Look at cookie negg in the screenie, sold for 3132, and has a profit of -3900. Meaning it would cost -768 O_o Am I being really stupid right now?
If I buy an egg for 10 bucks, and it's sold for 5, bad for me, I gain -5 profit. But I can't possibly lose more than 10 bucks - selling for 10 would mean giving it for free, I can't lose 20 bucks @_@

Price in shops: 7032
Price on wiz: 3132
Profit: -3900

#13 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

Price in shops: 7032
Price on wiz: 3132
Profit: -3900

I knew I was missing something, thanks -goes away unnoticed- :rolleyes:

#14 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:00 PM

ahhhh. perfect. i think this has been perfected now :p

#15 Stunnerrunner

Stunnerrunner
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

EDIT:
smcdreamz I hope I'm not being pushy, but I thought screenshots would be semi-helpful :S

I wanted to personally thank you for attaching screenshots. I was able to successfully understand everything after you posted. It takes less than a minute for me to block each page of images now, and this is exactly what I was looking for!

#16 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

Lol a bit messy but i think im going to try this out. miote take a while for me to figure out though XD
Good effort!

#17 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • 496 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

Ohhh, this is interesting...
I'll definatly try this when I feel like the autobuyer isin't getting me anywhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users