ReloadEvery - Firefox Add-on

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:30 PM

Firefox is an amazing browser.

I'm in love with it, I really am. Those of you still living in the IE age need to give it a shot ASAP.

Anyway, so I'm sitting and trying to wiz snipe, getting bored out of my mind with my both hands on the keyboard - F5, enter. F5, enter.
So I think to myself - Man, there's gotta be an add on to auto refresh and save my world.

Well low and behold, there is. It's called ReloadEvery, as all gold; FF only. Very simple to use, you right click a page and select the refresh rate.
Custom rate available.
Has an option to randomize - Seems like goes from 0-the refresh rate you set, haven't found any documentation.

Sucks that it has no button to turn on/off, but you can just hit escape and it's the same.

I'm thinking comfortable rsing/wiz snipes refreshes. Suggest to randomize to avoid suspicious behavior.

I'll check out the source code later to see the randomize option. What do you think? Riskier than Adblock, although if the randomize is implemented properly - this can be very good. I'll keep you posted, let me know what you think. :thumbsup:

* Disclaimer: Use at your own risk, eh? :pirate1:

#2 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:19 PM

Chrome is getting amazing too. Keep an eye on this extension: https://chrome.googl...hdhmjo?hl=en-us

It should get better and better too.

#3 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

You know if chrome had adblock plus or something equal to that then I'd switch over. I've heard it's even faster than firefox and it's really speed that I'm looking for. Most of the addons I use on firefox aren't that necessary.

#4 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:25 PM

it does have adblock plus. It has an amazing amount of extensions now.

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/

#5 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:37 PM

Downloading now, you just made my day.

#6 Mohan2

Mohan2
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

I've used both and just recently switched back to firefox. I don't know much about how it makes the page load but firefox loads the page in perfect order. If you're and auction sniper like myself firefox is the only way to go because when you reload the page it doesn't start at the top and in a second scroll down to where you left it, it just reloads upon the point where you left it; in other words if you reload in an auction all that will happen to your screen is the items moving up, nothing else.

#7 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:41 AM

nice i needed this thanks, ima try getting the lab scientist as a bd challenger.

#8 idlesiren

idlesiren
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:41 AM

Unfortunately the Chrome Ad Block doesn't block the ads from loading, it just blocks them from being seen on your computer, and so they still take the time to load...

I prefer NoScript for all my add blocking needs.

And Refresh every -- that thing is so fantastic! Considering it took me two full days of using it to find the Snow Beast. I would have never wasted so much time refreshing manually

#9 DarkVision

DarkVision
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:33 AM

I used RefreshEvery a while back. I suppose its good if you wanna get easy quick Random Events lol

#10 Taki

Taki
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

Opera also has a similar function-and you don't even need to download anything. Just right-click and choose "reload every" and choose the time you want.

#11 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:50 AM

Yeah, FF is the better browser IMO. I love greasemonkey and adblocker and reload every. Not to mention FF is fast, really fast.

#12 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:20 AM

If you use Opera it comes with a reload every feature built in

#13 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:06 AM

This will be useful for snagging Random Events... Haven't gotten a PB in a while :o

I'd also have to say the FF is my preferred browser, I have Google Chrome but it just rots on my Desktop.

#14 Wangalang

Wangalang
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

Wow. This may be reviving an old topic, but thanks for opening my eyes to this useful addon :thumbsup:

#15 Sketchz

Sketchz
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

could this look like an AB to TNT???

#16 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

could this look like an AB to TNT???

It reloads pages. It doesn't buy items, it doesn't autofill forms, it doesn't use an OCR.

It looks less like an AB than my arse.

#17 Sketchz

Sketchz
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

It reloads pages. It doesn't buy items, it doesn't autofill forms, it doesn't use an OCR.

It looks less like an AB than my arse.

yea but TNT can be so ban happy they ban people who dont even do anything wrong and if you used this in the main shops and then you bought items it could kinda look like aB but u guess not more then manual refresh

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

yea but TNT can be so ban happy they ban people who dont even do anything wrong and if you used this in the main shops and then you bought items it could kinda look like aB but u guess not more then manual refresh

Using this in a main shop would possibly be the most pointless thing I can imagine you doing with it, aside from using it while logged out.

#19 Sketchz

Sketchz
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

Using this in a main shop would possibly be the most pointless thing I can imagine you doing with it, aside from using it while logged out.

meh lets you relax a little more with your hand on the mouse its kinda nice sometimes

#20 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:39 AM

meh lets you relax a little more with your hand on the mouse its kinda nice sometimes

ya that is true and you get more random eventsPosted Image

#21 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:56 AM

i used this to complete the Water Plant part of the Altador Plot, finished it in ~3mins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users