Photo

Anybody Play FF XII yet?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

ive played about 3/4 of the game. not really what i was expecting.. not a single town in the game to visit.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

It's very Linear, no towns, etc etc.

Yeah, should have researched it a bit before buying it to make sure you got a game you wanted.

#3 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

<br />It's very Linear, no towns, etc etc.<br /><br />Yeah, should have researched it a bit before buying it to make sure you got a game you wanted.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

ya... i actually did. i just kept hoping it was gonna be better than the reviews... couldn't help myself i suppose. anyway... i just realized i meant to put final fantasy 13... not 12. my bad

and i guess my question is...does it get more wide open toward the end of the game... i've read that it does "a little bit" but i do not know what that really means... just wondering

#4 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

Wait final fantasy could get more linear?

#5 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

Its good..but not great..I was pissed off that the first disc sucked so bad..I mean its great..just not enough exploring/other things to do.

So I ended up putting it away for a bit so I can play God of War III

#6 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:03 PM

Wait final fantasy could get more linear?

The game is practically a straight line, and it's even worse when you have a Minimap to show that you do.

#7 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

The game is practically a straight line, and it's even worse when you have a Minimap to show that you do.

so true..no world map..no towns...And the split up pairs is annoying..I want a FF7, 9 or 10 back..All the hype and eh..I guess game of the year will belong to Uncharted2 or GodofWar3

#8 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

God of war is so awesome. And pro evo. And hopefully the new gran turismo.

#9 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:40 PM

My hubby was very furious about this game when he read about it. If I remember right from what he told me it opens up a little bit (a quite small area..) about 45 minutes into the game.. shortly before you beat it. Amazing ya? Apparently the owner died and now someone else is trying to drive it on.. I think it died with 10 when you lost the ability to summon..

#10 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

ya. ive heard talks of a ps3 remake of ff7... but i doubt anybody would make that... big risk.. my roommate has been putting off buying GOW3.. definitely worth the money? i loved the first 2

#11 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

Def awesome! GOW3 is so awesome..the first 40 minutes of it is epic..way better than FFXIII..I mean I love FF and even had to grit my way through to play FFX-2 but I mean this new one kinds goes back a bit. Mass Effect 2 is better than it..

#12 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

Def awesome! GOW3 is so awesome..the first 40 minutes of it is epic.

Do you mind telling me what sort of game it is? like RTS or TBS, or RPG, or?

#13 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

My hubby was very furious about this game when he read about it. If I remember right from what he told me it opens up a little bit (a quite small area..) about 45 minutes into the game.. shortly before you beat it. Amazing ya? Apparently the owner died and now someone else is trying to drive it on.. I think it died with 10 when you lost the ability to summon..

actually in 13, you can summon... but its a little weird... each character can only summon one "eidelon" after they tame it... but still, youre right. not much of a summon

#14 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

I think it died with 10 when you lost the ability to summon..

What? You had a good selections of summons available in 10.

#15 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

3d RPG / action adventure

http://www.gamespot....=result;title;0

Edited by ciddx, 30 March 2010 - 01:54 PM.

#16 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

What? You had a good selections of summons available in 10.

i think she meant that was the last time you could really summon

#17 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:55 PM

actually in 13, you can summon... but its a little weird... each character can only summon one "eidelon" after they tame it... but still, youre right. not much of a summon

I didn't know that, we have X-2 and XII and neither can summon so I figured XI and XIII would be around the samething. Thanks for the information. I just passed it along to my hubby and he was like "hmm" but not in a good way lol.

#18 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:55 PM

i think she meant that was the last time you could really summon

Summons were overpowered and overrated anyways, the last bit of 10 is too easy and you have to order the International copy for anything really challenging.

#19 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

3rd person Adventure/Action/RPG game..sort of like Devil May Cry series and Prince of Persia.

#20 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

Summons were overpowered and overrated anyways, the last bit of 10 is too easy and you have to order the International copy for anything really challenging.

what is different about the japanese copies of the game?

3rd person Adventure/Action/RPG game..sort of like Devil May Cry series and Prince of Persia.

and you guys have me excited to play it now...i've played the demo and its pretty intense. so i guess the game could only get better

#21 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

3d RPG / action adventure

http://www.gamespot....=result;title;0

I'll probably look into it then cause I like some RPGs but not all, and 3d sounds fun but it depends on my computer. It's a stupid Acer Laptop and I hate it, but it gets me on the internet. I just tried Diablo (the first one) and didn't like it cause it was a Dungeon Game (what I call them) and I uninstalled it after not far into the game.

#22 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

<br />I'll probably look into it then cause I like some RPGs but not all, and 3d sounds fun but it depends on my computer. It's a stupid Acer Laptop and I hate it, but it gets me on the internet. I just tried Diablo (the first one) and didn't like it cause it was a Dungeon Game (what I call them) and I uninstalled it after not far into the game.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I never got into Diablo either. I was a big Starcraft fan personally. They keep pushing back the release for SC2 and I'm starting to wonder if they are ever going to finish it.

#23 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

I'm a bit fond of 10 cause its the first game (that I actually count) that I've beaten. I also beat a few others but this one took me the longest due to a variety of things keeping me too busy to play. (I've beaten others, but it's my first.)

#24 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

what is different about the japanese copies of the game?

and you guys have me excited to play it now...i've played the demo and its pretty intense. so i guess the game could only get better

Not the Japanese, it's the International version, big difference, and the changes in the game are more optional bosses who are also very hard, like the dark versions of the Aeons.

#25 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

I'm a bit fond of 10 cause its the first game (that I actually count) that I've beaten. I also beat a few others but this one took me the longest due to a variety of things keeping me too busy to play. (I've beaten others, but it's my first.)

That was the first one I beat without ANY help or guides. I had beaten 7, but my neighbor helped me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users