Quantcast

Photo

If you knew you were about to go deaf...

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

This is one of my favorite def poetry jams. Watch it and you will see how this pertains to the discussion.

Rives makes my day any day. I need him like I need Dickinson. Like I need independent thought.

"Just to thank him
for giving me
voice."

#27 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

I've always thought that of all the terrible things that could suddenly happen, going deaf would be the least bad. I have really sensitive hearing and I have to wear ear plugs to be able to sleep at night. I can't go to clubs or concerts because they're too loud, even with ear plugs in. I don't listen to music for very long because it gets irritating. In a way, deafness would be a sweet relief.

However, right how there are a few finches chirping outside my window. Very peaceful...I would miss that.

#28 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

The last thing I would want to hear would be my daughter laughing as she jumped on the bed. If I could remember that sound forever after going deaf I would be greatly happy. It took a lot of thought to think of what it would be, but that would have to be it. The thought of never being able to hear some of the most beautiful sounds, the most natural is really quite sad so it's hard to chose a definate. I would try my hardest to keep my hearing but if I couldn't then it would definately be my daughter gibbering or laughing away.

#29 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

Hmm... I think I would hear the song "I'll stand by you" - The Pretenders or I would just rickroll myself a couple minutes before. Wouldn't be awesome to get rickrolled 24/7 for the rest of your life?

#30 Qwerty54

Qwerty54
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:35 PM

Hearing laughter before I went deaf wouldn't be bad.

#31 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:43 AM

How dare you expect billgates to read the text elin, he's doing very important work...posting, posting, posting. :sarcasm:

just kidding. But that was funny.

#32 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

I would want to be listening to Eminem's Lose Yourself song, best song ever IMO.

#33 RaeveN

RaeveN
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:07 AM

If I knew i was about to go deaf I would most definitely go for the most painful form of suicide, because it would be more merciful than listening to the voices in my head for the rest of my life. I would rather have a quick and painful death then a long drawn out trip to insanity.

Why would a girl have a signature about miniskirts & borderline arse?

That's liek me having 2 guys fucking as my sig. its seedy.

ahhheemmm.... * points to siggy* hellllooo. I have half naked chicks on mine and I am VERY female.

Point proven invalid. on with next post.

#34 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:34 AM

I'd have to say I would probably not want to hear anything. I have too many favorite songs that I can just put on repeat for forever and not get tired of them, and I wouldn't be able to choose. I'd rather go deaf peacefully most likely.

#35 Jenken

Jenken
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

Boyfriend: "I love you so much I would learn the sign language for you." /random and cheesy mode off

#36 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:48 PM

Boyfriend: "I love you so much I would learn the sign language for you." /random and cheesy mode off

It's not that cheesy, tbh, it's actually probably what a lot of people would love to hear if they were about to go deaf. That'd be sweet! :p

#37 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

I would like to have jessica alba come to me and say "I want to suck your balls dry"
yes i know that doesn't make sense.

#38 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

I would like to have jessica alba come to me and say "I want to suck your balls dry"
yes i know that doesn't make sense.

No, it makes sense. Just proves you are straight. :p

#39 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:40 PM

Probably this.

Edited by Kang2006, 07 May 2010 - 12:43 PM.

#40 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKAnddX4DrY"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=aKAnddX4DrY[/url]
Probably this.

o.O

I can't imagine wanting to listen to that before I go deaf. But then again, to each his own. If I had to pick a song it wouldn't be that one though, no offense meant. :p

#41 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

TiK ToK on the clock, but the party don't stop a no. Oww-wohhh-wo-ohh Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

o.O

I can't imagine wanting to listen to that before I go deaf. But then again, to each his own. If I had to pick a song it wouldn't be that one though, no offense meant. :p

Ill take high offense now.

#43 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

TiK ToK on the clock, but the party don't stop a no. Oww-wohhh-wo-ohh Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh dear god... :thumbdown:

Ill take high offense now.

:ninja: Shh. Sneaky Ninja shall pass now. You heard nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=140ImixpY7M

I love this song though!

#44 sexymama

sexymama
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

as much as my kids annoy me calling me every second mommy i wanna pee,mommy im scare,mommy i want nogging,mommy the light is off,mommy you do it, i can't do it ,mommy,mommy,mmoy mommy,mommy ,mommy---------------------------------------------then is mommy im glad to see you, i love you,i miss you,i wanna give you a big kiss and hug....

i'll give anything to hear that again and the 7 month old that still dont tak aside from tata,mamma:crybaby:

#45 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

Cliché, but my fiancé saying he loves me :)

#46 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:34 PM

i would listen to every single gangster rap song

#47 Wangalang

Wangalang
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

The sound of justin bieber dying.

#48 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

I was going to post my favourite song, but I have no idea how to post a video.

#49 stellanox

stellanox
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

Uh probably my bf saying he loves me or my ex telling me he was wrong lol :rolleyes: I never thought of it, being deaf sounds depressing :(

#50 Powerrrr

Powerrrr
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

The sound of vuvuzelas.... being blend. :funone:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users