• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

I know this was prompted by new members acting disrespectfully to older members but this applies to old members treating new members as well. I know the way some people talk just comes out rude (ie: Joe) but these people lack emotion and they don't mean to be rude. (Thanks Joe for volunteering =p)

When a person continually throws insults at someone that is not appreciated by anyone and you're going to have to stop. I know some of the jokes are pretty obscene but they are usually towards people who are pretty vulgar and they just bring on themselves.

Even in these situations continually throwing crap at them and then increasing the crap by dragging in their relations and then throwing crap at them too shouldn't be done. (<< Pretty professional sentence huh?)

An incident occurred on IRC and they will be suspended from the board and IRC for 2 weeks. They will be warned to 90% and on next offense of crudeness banned.

But remember let's have some fun and make some friends! :x3:

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

What did I miss on IRC?

#3 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

You say that like you're always on!! :p

Just some people saying stupid crap and not stopping. So really we're punishing stupidness. O_o

#4 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

I lack emotion?

Way to go, Noit.

#5 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Etiquette

I feel like this being an announcement, it should be announced correctly.

#6 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

Joe doesn't lack emotion....I think he finds it hard to tolerate stupidity. Which is fair enough in my opinion.

#7 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

Hey I was kidding I thought you would laugh (recall our last PM?). Thought you would get it. Sorry didn't mean to insult you or anything bro. Ill give you some NP to make up how's that? :p

Etiquette

I feel like this being an announcement, it should be announced correctly.

Fixed. It's a light announcement. More of a reminder. We've had announcements regarding this before and people know this.

The serious stuff comes from the others (sl,dro,pyke).

#8 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

I'm going to go ahead and put in a vote for an active mod in the chatroom, at least 1 at all times :)

#9 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

And advanced members should start BSing about how they are better because they have advanced settings =_=

#10 Qwerty54

Qwerty54
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:07 PM

I wonder why this happened. Hm....

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

I'm going to go ahead and put in a vote for an active mod.

Fixed that for you ^_^

#12 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

Fixed that for you ^_^

x2

And Wayser Gave, two people in IRC ganged up on two others (But ended up singling out on person) for liking pokemon- Which wasn't that big of a deal. They then turned it personal and attacked someone for their profile picture- mocking him and his girlfriend... which is too far. What the two said went waaaaaaaaay too far, even by my standards. :/

#13 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

Plus, pokemon is AWESOME.
/Finn

#14 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

Some staff adjustment is in the works. We don't have all admins right now to make a decision on that though.

#15 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

What the two said went waaaaaaaaay too far, even by my standards. :/

Considering they were mocking people for liking Pokemon while they sat in an IRC channel for a Neopets cheating site.

Yeah, they are so much better themselves already.

#16 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

Considering they were mocking people for liking Pokemon while they sat in an IRC channel for a Neopets cheating site.

Yeah, they are so much better themselves already.

To be fair, the one person we kinda harassed last night... :/ The noob doucher, though- He has no excuse. :/

#17 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

To be fair, the one person we kinda harassed last night... :/ The noob doucher, though- He has no excuse. :/

Well, he had his fill, but went overboard, no one insulted him on a personal level, but he went all out today.

#18 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

!!
You guys telling me you triggered this? :funone:

Ok another lesson to be learned is be a little more welcoming and understanding of the new kids or else we're to blame for their future psychopathic behavior. :funone:

#19 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

!!

Hells was mad at me and Unseen (SteveJobs) for shit that happened last night. I suppose that doesn't directly explain him going off on who he did... :/ I just find it funny that he called me on bandwagonning, then either he bandwagoned earlier today or someone joined his wagon. xD

#20 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

!!

Ok another lesson to be learned is be a little more welcoming and understanding of the new kids or else we're to blame for their future psychopathic behavior. :funone:

Not quite. Noting nearly as serious happened last night. Nothing on a personal level atleast. Just jabs on preferences of games, nothing like say calling your wife a whore <_<

#21 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

Plus, pokemon is AWESOME.
/Finn

I agree. I should be playing it but I have finals. :(

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

!!

It easily could be indirectly related, but he started tagging along with Chemikal after he started mocking them for liking Pokemon, and there are other complications that involved Hells in IRC last night, there is no no way what we did could influence him enough to do what he did.

#23 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

I still cant believe I missed this :\

I wish I was there T___T

#24 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

Wait.... guess this means I can't use the greet script that says

"Fuck you, %UserName%.... and your mother's a whore"

#25 ZaCkDiZzLe

ZaCkDiZzLe
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:57 PM

there is already an admin in irc like 90% of the time anyway, and when there isn't iargue steps in and calls the popo

and i have been in irc nearly 24/7 since i joined, and this is the first time i was actually pissed off about the large amount of spam and flame in it

Edited by ZaCkDiZzLe, 08 April 2010 - 05:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users