On Board and IRC Etiquette

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

Hells was mad at me and Unseen (SteveJobs) for shit that happened last night. I suppose that doesn't directly explain him going off on who he did... :/ I just find it funny that he called me on bandwagonning, then either he bandwagoned earlier today or someone joined his wagon. xD

Wat...

#27 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

Wat...

We pissed off hells... I hopped on your dick/bandwagon/whatever. Apparently.

#28 ZaCkDiZzLe

ZaCkDiZzLe
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

i don't know about a bandwagon but i clearly remember you hopping on his dick, up and down, repeatedly

#29 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

We pissed off hells... I hopped on your dick/bandwagon/whatever. Apparently.

He started it... well mostly. I didn't expect him to explode from us picking on him a little.

#30 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

He started it... well mostly. I didn't expect him to explode from us picking on him a little.

I saw a little bit of this but not enough to explain it, When I looked in they were aruing about if heat=motion and he kept posting the same thing like 5-7 times in a row and Argue would jump in "How many times do I have to tell you to quit spamming" but that's about all I saw of this..

#31 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

Why would you pick on him at all?
And second, if he/she cant take it, just ignore.

#32 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

Why would you pick on him at all?
And second, if he/she cant take it, just ignore.

Everyone picks on someone at some point.

#33 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:01 PM

Everyone picks on someone at some point.

I've never ever ever ever picked on someone. O_o

#34 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

I've never ever ever ever picked on someone. O_o

O_o!!! Lies.

#35 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

O_o!!! Lies.

Me- Lie?! NEVER!

Okay, you're right

#36 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

Me- Lie?! NEVER!

Okay, you're right

I challenge that.

#37 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

I challenge that.

Did you not see the little, white text at the bottom of that post?

And for shits and giggles, here is a little gem from our convo tonight!

<Unseen> I'm actually an anal dwelling butt monkey

#38 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:03 PM

Did you not see the little, white text at the bottom of that post?

And for shits and giggles, here is a little gem from our convo tonight!

I do God's work when someone pisses him off.
No one likes the monkey.

#39 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

I do God's work when someone pisses him off.
No one likes the monkey.

LOL I saw him say it!

Shame you didn't catch Punk claiming to be a "Smart Bitch" lol

#40 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

The wife part was apart of it. The problem was the continuation of it and when he had the support, and could have stopped while still feeling like he out talked you guys, he didn't but another member joined and both continued insulting. We don't want that to escalate. Therefore a 90% warn and 2 week suspend. An earlier stop would have resulted in a warn and suspend as well but not as severe.

But please, old members, be more welcoming and understanding to the new people. The old members have the support of the whole board, the new kids are alone. It should be easier for us to back down. Which I saw elin and do did. We can do a better job though guys.

#41 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

The wife part was apart of it. The problem was the continuation of it and when he had the support, and could have stopped while still feeling like he out talked you guys, he didn't but another member joined and both continued insulting. We don't want that to escalate. Therefore a 90% warn and 2 week suspend. An earlier stop would have resulted in a warn and suspend as well but not as severe.

But please, old members, be more welcoming and understanding to the new people. The old members have the support of the whole board, the new kids are alone. It should be easier for us to back down. Which I saw elin and do did. We can do a better job though guys.

/hugs Noit/

#42 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:08 PM

Cbf reading the thread.

Who was it?

& since when is noit serious?

#43 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:24 AM

Cbf reading the thread.

Who was it?

& since when is noit serious?

Hellsadvocate and some new doucher named Chemikal.

No idea who either of them were, but it was against Elindoril and I (dudeonline).

Like I said to Noit, Hydro and Slinky, I wouldnt have reported if they hadn't started insulting and making sexual innuendos toward my wife.

#44 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:50 AM

I think its a shame that some kids cant play fair, but at the end of the day 14 - 18 year old guys usually have maturity issues!

Anyhow, not always the case but kinda usually.

Is there any way to give chat mod powers only to trusted members while we are low on admins?

I can think of a couple of people who could help things go a bit smoother in IRC on a day to day basis.

Its hard for the admins as they have enough to do so maybe a separate authority?

Edited by Georgina, 09 April 2010 - 04:53 AM.

#45 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:58 AM

You're more of a pussy than me, Steve.

Unless they live local and say shit like "omg im going to come over & rape your wife while you're at work" it's just all talk. This is a typical schoolyard bullying situation. Some kids said something and you went and told the principle.

And they got a 90% warning, fuckin' hell dude.. you're worse than me

#46 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:02 AM

Hmmmm.
I wouldn't want to live in a world where Mr. J can't tell someone they're an idiot, and Noit can't buttsecks someone. Both of which could hurt someone's feewings. Anything anyone ever says can be taken the wrong way. I might have unintentionally upset Iargue a few days back with something I thought was just a mild statement, and the reaction was not what I expected at all. There's no telling what will set someone off. But I'd rather unintentionally give someone RAGE than have to tip-toe around each other all the time.

But please, old members, be more welcoming and understanding to the new people. The old members have the support of the whole board, the new kids are alone.

Which is why it's the new member's responsibility to read, get a feel of people, comprehend the English language, and think before posting or wandering into the chat. You really can't expect everyone to be nice to someone who digs up old-ass threads to "LOL" or "I agree", or want to be BFFs with someone who annoys everyone in chat
by
hitting
enter
after
every
single
word
all
the
friggin'
time.

One of the appeals to me of this message board was the general sassiness. If anyone, new or old, can't take it, then maybe this isn't the place for them. I can understand being offended by a personal attack, but seriously. Welcome to the internets, n00bs. I'm not out to be rude, but if there's a chance for me to be a smartass, I'll take it.
Just my two cents.

You're more of a pussy than me, Steve.
Unless they live local and say shit like "omg im going to come over & rape your wife while you're at work" it's just all talk. This is a typical schoolyard bullying situation. Some kids said something and you went and told the principle.
And they got a 90% warning, fuckin' hell dude.. you're worse than me

This from someone who cries every time someone starts making your threads interesting by going off topic.

Edited by punkrockbigmouth, 09 April 2010 - 05:04 AM.

#47 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:08 AM

Hmmmm.
I wouldn't want to live in a world where Mr. J can't tell someone they're an idiot, and Noit can't buttsecks someone. Both of which could hurt someone's feewings. Anything anyone ever says can be taken the wrong way. I might have unintentionally upset Iargue a few days back with something I thought was just a mild statement, and the reaction was not what I expected at all. There's no telling what will set someone off. But I'd rather unintentionally give someone RAGE than have to tip-toe around each other all the time.

Which is why it's the new member's responsibility to read, get a feel of people, comprehend the English language, and think before posting or wandering into the chat. You really can't expect everyone to be nice to someone who digs up old-ass threads to "LOL" or "I agree", or want to be BFFs with someone who annoys everyone in chat
by
hitting
enter
after
every
single
word
all
the
friggin'
time.

One of the appeals to me of this message board was the general sassiness. If anyone, new or old, can't take it, then maybe this isn't the place for them. I can understand being offended by a personal attack, but seriously. Welcome to the internets, n00bs. I'm not out to be rude, but if there's a chance for me to be a smartass, I'll take it.
Just my two cents.

This from someone who cries every time someone starts making your threads interesting by going off topic.

Yep totally agree, anything that isnt insanley personal or directed to an individual to cause harm/offence should be taken really lightly.

And on a side note, I've had a few personal attacks from members, and none of which got a ban or 90% warn....

Dont let this site change peoples!! It's why its so popular.

#48 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:17 AM

I'm just having a little bitch. I'm not going through a box of tissues & crying to the admins about how upset I am.

#49 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:31 AM

I'm just having a little bitch. I'm not going through a box of tissues & crying to the admins about how upset I am.

He has this every 28 days.
If you know what I mean.Posted Image

#50 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:42 AM

He has this every 28 days.
If you know what I mean.Posted Image

please elaborate
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users