ABing Improvements?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

1. Ad blocker
Not the neopets ad blocker, but maybe the ads from HotSpotSheild etc.
Many people (including me) use proxies, and some of them have HotSpotSheild, which always has an ad on the top, which causing ABrosia to not work (?)

2. Shop Changer
Not sure if we have this, but it changes shops every refresh.
/Refreshes Magic Once/
/Refreshes Coin Once/
/Refreshes Magic Once/
And so forth.
This could be randomized, so it could be 2 @ magic, 6 @ coin, 4 @ magic, and so forth

Lots of people dont just restock in one shop :\

#2 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

1. Ad blocker
Not the neopets ad blocker, but maybe the ads from HotSpotSheild etc.
Many people (including me) use proxies, and some of them have HotSpotSheild, which always has an ad on the top, which causing ABrosia to not work (?)

Abrosia doesn't render the page so no ad can affect Abrosia unless it drastically alters the content of the page.

2. Shop Changer
Not sure if we have this, but it changes shops every refresh.
/Refreshes Magic Once/
/Refreshes Coin Once/
/Refreshes Magic Once/
And so forth.
This could be randomized, so it could be 2 @ magic, 6 @ coin, 4 @ magic, and so forth

Lots of people dont just restock in one shop :\

I would like to say it is inefficient but the truth is that it really isn't now that I think about it. You could set refresh times to over 60 seconds and have Abrosia change shops every 1 minute. There are many possible changes to Abrosia that can easily allow this.

#3 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

Abrosia doesn't render the page so no ad can affect Abrosia unless it drastically alters the content of the page.

I would like to say it is inefficient but the truth is that it really isn't now that I think about it. You could set refresh times to over 60 seconds and have Abrosia change shops every 1 minute. There are many possible changes to Abrosia that can easily allow this.

Orly?
How does ABrosia pick up the item then? o__o
Not sure if its related, but other proxies work :\
Just not hotspot sheild T___T
(and they're the fastest proxies too)

Thats true, I'll try it :)
And it might be inefficient? O_o

#4 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

Orly?
How does ABrosia pick up the item then? o__o
Not sure if its related, but other proxies work :\
Just not hotspot sheild T___T
(and they're the fastest proxies too)

Thats true, I'll try it :)
And it might be inefficient? O_o

Set up hotspot shield and run one of the programs in debug mode and upload the 3rd or 4th html that is generated (don't import cookies but don't turn off cookie import either). It should be a copy of neopets.com that the program got so it shouldn't contain any personal information (unless you imported cookies or hotspot shield adds personal information to the page). If it can't get past the program check, then you will have to talk to the programmers about it.

#5 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

Set up hotspot shield and run one of the programs in debug mode and upload the 3rd or 4th html that is generated (don't import cookies but don't turn off cookie import either). It should be a copy of neopets.com that the program got so it shouldn't contain any personal information (unless you imported cookies or hotspot shield adds personal information to the page). If it can't get past the program check, then you will have to talk to the programmers about it.

Explain how to run in debug mode o___o
I do remember seeing a drop down list of some sort with Debug Mode, but Im not sure at all :\

#6 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

Explain how to run in debug mode o___o
I do remember seeing a drop down list of some sort with Debug Mode, but Im not sure at all :\

www.neocodex.us/forum/topic/92293-guide-starting-a-program-in-debug-mode/

#7 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

Eeek so which HTML one am I suppose to send? :o

My 3rd/4th ones are google and logging in.

And is it suppose to have random SW searches? o__o

#8 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:25 PM

Eeek so which HTML one am I suppose to send? :o

My 3rd/4th ones are google and logging in.

And is it suppose to have random SW searches? o__o

The first 1 or 2 should be the program doing the usual program check and the one after that is the program checking imported cookies (unless disabled).

#9 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:10 AM

it would be easier to just refresh at 3 shops at one time then :D

#10 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

Oh yes, and you somehow manage to buy two items at the same time.

Im still testing some stuff :)

#11 Daryl

Daryl
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

Oh yes, and you somehow manage to buy two items at the same time.

Im still testing some stuff :)

These improvements are dangerous... You sure you want that?

#12 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

Why not just set it to change shops every minute or something? If you really want it to appear as though it's refreshing multiple shop just AB multiple accounts?

#13 Daryl

Daryl
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:16 PM

Why not just set it to change shops every minute or something? If you really want it to appear as though it's refreshing multiple shop just AB multiple accounts?

This function is already available. Isn't it?

#14 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:34 AM

Proxies can be blocked from accessing websites. They may also be a different TYPE of Proxy thus not usable without extra configuration programming wise... I'm not sure if the programs NeoCodex release support SOCKS proxies, but after some testing I have found that the proxy support I placed in some of my programs does not support this type of Proxy.

As for how ABrosia picks up items? It's quite simple. All Autobuyers work on the same basic principle.

'Open the page'. This is different to you opening the page in your browser. What slows browser loading down graphically representing what the HTML commands tell it to do. AB's don't load all of this they only read the raw HTML as just that... text

Once it has gotten all the data (html) from the page, it parses it for certain information. Item names, stock, price etc. All of this is done based off the html contained on the page it has nothing to do with loading or rendering any of it or the specific section in the page on where it is located.

Bleh makes sense.
So to sum it all up, some proxies wont work with NC programs because they dont support SOCKS proxies

#15 Qwerty54

Qwerty54
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

I think a nice feature would be for it to say if you get a faerie quest.

#16 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:26 AM

Its a possibility. That would be one to check with Shadowlink. I don't programs for codex and I refuse to learn Python to even attempt to try. The programs I have written don't support SOCKS proxies, and there is a chance, that Codex ones don't either as it works differently to standard proxies. Only a Codex programmer could shed more light on it.

I've tested other programs now.

The NP gen works and the shop pricer works. o___o

Would this change anything? :\

#17 Torque

Torque
  • 411 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:00 PM

tbh, id be happy with a line that shows current shop instead of having to read quickly after a wait period. and a next shop button so i can avoid shops that dont rs anything really

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

tbh, id be happy with a line that shows current shop instead of having to read quickly after a wait period. and a next shop button so i can avoid shops that dont rs anything really

That would defeat the point of forcing non-advanced users to restock unprofitable shops in order to keep the items database up to date.

#19 MKB

MKB
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

IMO, high-traffic or high-profitable areas like magic, merifoods, petpets and stamp should be advanced only, That way they will be based in more lower-profitable shops to update the DB and make people have more reason to contribute to the community.

But that's just me.

#20 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

contribute to the community...?
if they force us non-advance users into only lower profit shops, then most of that contribution will be spam.

Edited by iOmega, 21 September 2010 - 05:48 PM.

#21 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

IMO, high-traffic or high-profitable areas like magic, merifoods, petpets and stamp should be advanced only, That way they will be based in more lower-profitable shops to update the DB and make people have more reason to contribute to the community.

But that's just me.

I want those shops to be non-advanced only so that dummies get frozen :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users