Kick-ass

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:48 AM

It looks interesting, just wondering if anyone happened to see it and if you liked it. I heard that it was good but not great.

I'm deciding whether or not I'll watch Ironman II or both ( kick-ass and Ironman)

Was the movie worth the price of admission?

#2 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:55 AM

I mean it has a 9/10 on imdb, its gotta be at least really good to get that kind of reception. I heard it was hilarious, Im really wishing i went to see it instead of iron man.

#3 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

I mean it has a 9/10 on imdb, its gotta be at least really good to get that kind of reception. I heard it was hilarious, Im really wishing i went to see it instead of iron man.

I can see Ironman really wasn't your beef, was it? :p

Although I haven't seen it, I can see from the reviews and the trailer it may turn out to be decent. I'm liking Big Daddy and Kick-ass though in the movie.

#4 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:18 AM

It looks interesting, just wondering if anyone happened to see it and if you liked it. I heard that it was good but not great.

I'm deciding whether or not I'll watch Ironman II or both ( kick-ass and Ironman)

Was the movie worth the price of admission?

Yo RKO http://www.movies-li...ovies/kick-ass/ <--- this thing

#5 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:24 AM

I actually loved most of iron man and the first movie too. But kickass seems fresh, new, and funny. Id rather see that then iron man, even though for the most part I liked the movie (see my wtfending rant lol)

#6 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:09 AM

I loved Kick-Ass I thought it was amazing, I've seen it thrice now , I have all the comics first edition as well :thumbsup:

#7 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

I loved Kick-Ass I thought it was amazing, I've seen it thrice now , I have all the comics first edition as well :thumbsup:

really? wow, now I want to see it.

#8 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

I would give it a 2/5 at best. I'm the type of guy who's into made-to-be-shit movies like this, and I thought it was shit. Not worth the $10 imo, just watch it off the comp.

#9 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

It was great. So great that I made a thread about it =P

http://www.neocodex....ost&pid=1282560

#10 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hmm.. I guess it was pretty good - my older sister saw the movie with her boyfriend, and she's pretty critical about movies, and even she said it was great.

Kinda makes me wanna see it, if not for all the testing next week. :(

#11 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:01 AM

I saw this yesterday, great movie. Really funny.

#12 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:41 AM

I saw this movie yesterday. I didn't think I would like it (the whole comic-book-as-movie thing is getting really tired now), but I actually thought it was a very fresh and interesting take on the idea of superheroes. Though I think it would have been a more interesting movie if Big Daddy and Hit Girl were a little less super and a little more psychologically disturbed.

#13 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:44 AM

I saw this movie yesterday. I didn't think I would like it (the whole comic-book-as-movie thing is getting really tired now), but I actually thought it was a very fresh and interesting take on the idea of superheroes. Though I think it would have been a more interesting movie if Big Daddy and Hit Girl were a little less super and a little more psychologically disturbed.

I couldn't agree more, it was definitely a fresh take on a superhero movie. I think its worth getting the Blue-ray once it is released, I might want to see it again.

#14 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

It was really good. They have an R5 on a site I frequent.

Check out http://www.ninjavideo.net

#15 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:14 PM

thats cool, thanks!

#16 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:39 PM

It was pretty good. I like that idea that a 11 year old girl slice these people to bits.

#17 Nex2004

Nex2004
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:40 AM

It was a nice new take on the superhero film, funny and enjoyable! good stuff :thumbsup:

#18 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:03 AM

www.icefilms.info is 100% better mate.

#19 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:43 AM

They're posting the same shit, so not really.

#20 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:48 AM

They are both good, IMO.

Anyways, I hope they make a kick-ass II.

lol, I just looked up a possible sequel, Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall. ( working title)

Now that is a great title, lolz.

#21 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:42 AM

They're posting the same shit, so not really.

For one. They have more content, and better streaming method. For two. If you want to watch a movie, on NinjaVideo your fucked unless its current. On Icefilms they have thousands. Why would I have to launch the NinjaVideo helper -every- fucking time I go to that site. With icefilms, I can choose a 1 time gm script, but even thats not required.

#22 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:53 AM

For one. They have more content, and better streaming method. For two. If you want to watch a movie, on NinjaVideo your fucked unless its current. On Icefilms they have thousands. Why would I have to launch the NinjaVideo helper -every- fucking time I go to that site. With icefilms, I can choose a 1 time gm script, but even thats not required.

I have to agree with iargue on this one, After checking both sites out in depth, Icefilms is hands down the better site for films. I tried watching a movie on both sites, the streaming seamed cleaner on icefilms.

#23 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:05 AM

1. That's the point of Ninja. Current shit as fast as possible. Why waste the operators' time with archiving when there's so much new shit? With Ice, anyone can add links so they're not as staff driven and have a theoretically large number of uploaders.

2. Videos get removed from megaupload because the uploaders have no control of the videos once they are uploaded (maybe not very often, but it happens). If a video is hosted on one of ninja's private servers, they have control and it won't be removed until they are ready to remove it.

3. Mega links from ninja don't require the ninja helper. So you don't have to unless it gets removed from Mega (which would also affect Ice)

I've debunked your claims. Can't be arsed to do it again when you post another reply on why two sites that use practically the same host are different.

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:15 AM

I use http://www.movies-links.tv/ for movies and http://www.surfthechannel.com/ for TV.

#25 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:42 AM

Its actually not making much at the box office. Probably because its a Rated R movie that is targeted at high school kids. To bypass the age restriction, kids just purchase a ticket to a movie that they can watch and then go to the one that they actually want to see (the Rated R movie). This is common practice here and I find it sort of sad that another movie is stealing the profits of a better movie. Its the equivalent of the movie being pirated as they get no money from the people who do this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users