Photo

smugler cove

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#26 RaeveN

RaeveN
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

For some od reason i regularly check the cove. ( dont have a clue why i never have dubloons) but I see a few things there every once in a while, some times even two at a time. guess it comes in handy to see how often it does restock, since someday I want to build a gallery of cove items.

#27 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

For some od reason i regularly check the cove. ( dont have a clue why i never have dubloons) but I see a few things there every once in a while, some times even two at a time. guess it comes in handy to see how often it does restock, since someday I want to build a gallery of cove items.

lolwut

I find it hard to believe you wouldn't drop 200k in dubloons to become a multimillionaire overnight

#28 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:08 PM

I mean competition who actually believes turning your internet off and then going on neo works isnt really competition Posted Image

No, because the "competition" would be smart enough to know that there are people who would believe it, thus reducing their own competition effectively.

lolwut

I find it hard to believe you wouldn't drop 200k in dubloons to become a multimillionaire overnight

I don't think she said she wouldn't be willing to drop 200k in dubloons in order to get something super rare, like the SuAP and such. Anyone would, no?

#29 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

I don't think she said she wouldn't be willing to drop 200k in dubloons in order to get something super rare, like the SuAP and such. Anyone would, no?

Is this a joke post? Obvious not because then she'd actually have dubloons after multiple restock sightings.

#30 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:48 PM

No, because the "competition" would be smart enough to know that there are people who would believe it, thus reducing their own competition effectively.

I was talking about whoever was retarded enough to try turning off their internet, not the people spreading the rumor. Posted Image

#31 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

Is this a joke post? Obvious not because then she'd actually have dubloons after multiple restock sightings.

hell, If i've seen multiple cove restocks I'd make sure I have ton of Dubloons on me. Millions worth.

#32 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

SHhh, its very effective way to utilise the cove :ninja:

#33 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

SHhh, its very effective way to utilise the cove :ninja:

Posted Image _____________________ Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image _______________________ Posted Image

Edited by ThaMan, 09 May 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#34 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

WTF?! you can't be serious

Edited by Prodigy, 09 May 2010 - 04:08 PM.

#35 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

Yeah like no way! What was the last item(s) you saw and when? It could be possible a cove item gets iced with an account it gets recycled to the cove to keep the count the same but i highly doubt that.

#36 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

WTF?! you can't be serious

That is because it never happened

#37 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

Yeah like no way! What was the last item(s) you saw and when? It could be possible a cove item gets iced with an account it gets recycled to the cove to keep the count the same but i highly doubt that.

I read about this somewhere. The way the cove works is that 100-130 or so of each item are released. Within like a day of an item being discarded/used a replacement will show up in the cove. That should also apply to being iced, i would think.

#38 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

Nah, sounds alright, except I think Neopets keeps your account/info/items/pets and everything, they're just inaccessible, and in the rare case that you get your account back, that way you get all your items back.

That is because it never happened

Well we can't really tell, now can we? Its believable. I mean, it's not like the Cove is known to never restock or something. :p

#39 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

I actually have heard of the cove recycling items though.

#40 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:48 PM

I actually have heard of the cove recycling items though.

Really? Where from? I would have thought that since Neopets gives you all your stuff back if you're lucky and they unfreeze your account, that items can't be recycled? O_o

Apparently not then. ;)

#41 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

Really? Where from? I would have thought that since Neopets gives you all your stuff back if you're lucky and they unfreeze your account, that items can't be recycled? O_o

Apparently not then. ;)

Im not sure it works when they are iced, but Im pretty sure that that is the rationale behind cove restocks.

Lol, it would be incredibly horrible to do, but you could use icing tactics with a side then try to snag items that are recycled off of a rich account if it works that way. Not like i thought of that or anything. Posted Image

#42 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

Im not sure it works when they are iced, but Im pretty sure that that is the rationale behind cove restocks.

Lol, it would be incredibly horrible to do, but you could use icing tactics with a side then try to snag items that are recycled off of a rich account if it works that way. Not like i thought of that or anything. Posted Image

Works theoretically, but then again you'd have to know when TNT would "recycle" the item into Smuggler's Cove after they ice the rich account. :ninja:

#43 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:34 AM

I've only ever seen one item in there, and I don't recall what it was. (A couple years back)

Attack pea maybe?

Anyways:

Are you trying to get us into trouble???
Visiting the Smugglers Cove too much is a bad idea... you don't want to attract attention to their illicit activities do you? They will not let you pass.

Please wait a while before you return!

That was my second time looking at the page lol

#44 weke

weke
  • 456 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:23 AM

grape of wraith restock there too i guess

#45 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:07 AM

I've only ever seen one item in there, and I don't recall what it was. (A couple years back)

Attack pea maybe?

Anyways:

That was my second time looking at the page lol

You know funnily enough I have had the same experience. I have no-idea what the item was but I know it was worth a fortune and regretted not having any dubloons to purchase it. I was shocked cause it was the first time i'd been there and didn't know I needed to have dubloons.

#46 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:47 AM

Lol, Ive just never seen anything there. Posted Image

#47 RaeveN

RaeveN
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

lol... granted last time i did see multiple items restocked it was a while back, however i still do semioften see at least one item restocked. and no it wouldn't prompt me to buy dubloons to buy the items right now, as I dont bother restocking anything even if i see a chance to. My computer is far to slow and it just proves to be agrivating. I am in no overnight rush to get rich, right now im working oin building my account/pets to respectible standards ( my standards) before doing any drastic money making tactics. I'm currently building my pets and gallery on my main before i even remotely think about building the gallery on my sides.

#48 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

lol... granted last time i did see multiple items restocked it was a while back, however i still do semioften see at least one item restocked. and no it wouldn't prompt me to buy dubloons to buy the items right now, as I dont bother restocking anything even if i see a chance to. My computer is far to slow and it just proves to be agrivating. I am in no overnight rush to get rich, right now im working oin building my account/pets to respectible standards ( my standards) before doing any drastic money making tactics. I'm currently building my pets and gallery on my main before i even remotely think about building the gallery on my sides.

I still say keep some dubloons on hand, you never know, I mean it's practically effortless to buy dubloons, and that way you just have a chance of becoming rich(er) than you were before, with minimal effort. Even if you miss it, at least you tried. Who knows, you might get lucky! :)

I better start doing that now..

#49 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

How many dubloons should you carry when visiting the cove anyways?

#50 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

yea, If i were you I would always have dubloons on hand, i mean why wouldnt you want a cove item...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users