Photo

New Site Event: Save The Wheels

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#151 tb20

tb20
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:45 AM

He's gambling on the fact that the top benefactor will get something ultra rare like a top of the line BD weapon. Good luck to him =P

#152 beach3boy

beach3boy
  • 514 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:36 AM

Some people have too much time on their hands. Selling that many stamps. Wow.

#153 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

you never know, you might get an avie or something :o

im sorry but in my books, no avie is worth 665million np....

#154 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

this is just another silly event... i dont believe why ppl donated so much!

#155 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

I think that this is really smart of them and it might just make a dent in the inflation of np. What I don't think many people realize is that tnt already has a ton of things to flush np down the drain and by keeping this going for a couple of weeks and draining a couple dozen billion on top of what they are already doing daily should significantly slow it down a bit. Maybe they are just trying to counter the summer season so prices don't go up so much while the site has the most traffic.

#156 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

I think that this is really smart of them and it might just make a dent in the inflation of np. What I don't think many people realize is that tnt already has a ton of things to flush np down the drain and by keeping this going for a couple of weeks and draining a couple dozen billion on top of what they are already doing daily should significantly slow it down a bit. Maybe they are just trying to counter the summer season so prices don't go up so much while the site has the most traffic.

i think that the amount of NP coming into the system daily will always be significantly higher than the amount coming out...it's a lost cause, TNT should just gimme the 12 billion ;)

#157 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

UUURG stupid ipod dbl posts sorry :( shouldnt it like automatically combine them into one post though?

Edited by pabs123, 19 July 2010 - 07:47 PM.

#158 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

This is such bullshit.
There's no way i'm going to make even 1 million before the event is over.
I leave to camp in a week for a whole month, so this is hopeless for me.
All I have is 1 million on another account, but it would be a shame to use it..
I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it or not.

#159 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

He's gambling on the fact that the top benefactor will get something ultra rare like a top of the line BD weapon. Good luck to him =P

I seriously hope this isnt the case.
Its more fun that way.
Plus it wont be called a donation if you get something out of it, it will be called a fee.

#160 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:31 PM

I seriously hope this isnt the case.
Its more fun that way.
Plus it wont be called a donation if you get something out of it, it will be called a fee.

i doubt they'll get anything more than an avatar or trophy because giving them an item would completely ruin the entire idea behind this

#161 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

i doubt they'll get anything more than an avatar or trophy because giving them an item would completely ruin the entire idea behind this

yeah that is a good point. i was thinking that too. a nice big item would basically ruin the whole idea.

but that better be one damn good avatar or trophy for that much. hahahah

#162 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

yeah that is a good point. i was thinking that too. a nice big item would basically ruin the whole idea.

but that better be one damn good avatar or trophy for that much. hahahah

avatar should read "I spent 665mil and all i got was this crappy avatar"

#163 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

Make it 10 mil for an avatar and they will triple their "donations". Those pesky ACers will do anything to add +1 to their precious Secret Avatar count

#164 Ebil

Ebil
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 49 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:36 PM

Make it 10 mil for an avatar and they will triple their "donations". Those pesky ACers will do anything to add +1 to their precious Secret Avatar count

Agreed lol..I think I would probably donate a few million for an avatar. I <3 retired avatars

#165 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:43 PM

that's actually a great idea, the amount of money they would get if they advertised an avatar would definately be much greater than the already ridiculous sum

#166 Ebil

Ebil

• 49 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:51 PM

that's actually a great idea, the amount of money they would get if they advertised an avatar would definately be much greater than the already ridiculous sum

But if you think about it and Neopets past, they don't really advertise, price, and "sell" avatars. Some avatars like that "pull the lever" or whatever could be 100np or a couple million, but its not advertised or a certain price

#167 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

But if you think about it and Neopets past, they don't really advertise, price, and "sell" avatars. Some avatars like that "pull the lever" or whatever could be 100np or a couple million, but its not advertised or a certain price

yes but clearly this event is as desperate as they can get, maybe if they said something along the lines of "and if you really support the renocation of the wheels you might be rewarded..." i mean they're not telling you what will happen but it'll make a lot more people donate a lot more money

#168 Ebil

Ebil

• 49 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

yes but clearly this event is as desperate as they can get, maybe if they said something along the lines of "and if you really support the renocation of the wheels you might be rewarded..." i mean they're not telling you what will happen but it'll make a lot more people donate a lot more money

True, true. This event is pretty ridiculous..and the rewards are almost insulting xD

#169 stellanox

stellanox
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

Well if i have 10 million to waste, I would donate for an avatar too :rolleyes:
655 million is too much for an avatar tho. I would never donate that much even if I have it.

#170 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

665 mil is like ... over 3,300 dollars..... Posted Image

shit , screw the neopoints. i'd be making baaaaank with all that. Posted Image

#171 stellanox

stellanox
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:59 AM

665 mil is like ... over 3,300 dollars..... Posted Image

shit , screw the neopoints. i'd be making baaaaank with all that. Posted Image

lol I didn't think of it that way O_o

With 3.3k I can go backpack and pay my tuition fees and not work 13 hours a day during my break <_<. Why would someone waste it on a wheel? What kind of item can it give that's worth 600+ million anyway.

Edited by stellanox, 20 July 2010 - 03:01 AM.

#172 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:50 AM

Will the stamps inflate in price after some time? I currently have 4 of them

#173 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Will the stamps inflate in price after some time? I currently have 4 of them

well it depends on if they retire them or release them as regularly stocked items (which i doubt)...its likely that out of all the items this one will inflate since it can be used (put in album) and will dissappear forever, so if the number of stamps in the economy will decrease raising its value... but it's a guessing game. if i had to take an educated guess i'd say they'll get to maybe 1.1 mil at most in a few years

#174 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

They will inflate. Items never, ever drop in rarity, unless their original rarity was a mistake; clearly not the case here.

However, since everybody and their Wocky is buying them en masse, it will take -years-.

#175 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:08 PM

well at least they wont' deflate either. It's not like investing 750k per-stamp and only them being worth 10k or something :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users