Photo

Item Database Update - How Offen

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 CyberDar

CyberDar
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:28 AM

How offen is the Item database updated, the reason I ask is offer i see some thing like this when I check an item (Last Priced: 4 weeks ago by Name), and have run across a few items that are showing at one price but only sell for a lot less like the "Crater Fruit" shows as being sold by user shops for 90000+ when it really resells for about 1000 I don't see it offen so it's not a major problem just wanted to know.

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:32 AM

It's updated thousands of times a day for Abrosia, it's just on a different server to the one in the Item Database above. So the prices currently shown in the Item Database aren't the ones which Abrosia uses, we're hoping to connect the Item Database up to the new server soon.

#3 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:45 AM

Yep lasers right. It might a 2 weeks or a little more before its back live. The person in charge has some other projects too.

#4 CyberDar

CyberDar
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:46 AM

Thank you for the update, so once the two are connected everytime I use Abrosia I'll be helping to update the database? I hope so I would love to help out more :)

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:50 AM

Thank you for the update, so once the two are connected everytime I use Abrosia I'll be helping to update the database? I hope so I would love to help out more :)

Every time you use Abrosia you're already helping the database you just can't see the price updates in the Item Database here.

#6 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

wait so are the two databases not connected at all or do they just take a long time/ manual syncing?

#7 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

wait so are the two databases not connected at all or do they just take a long time/ manual syncing?

We used to only have one server which contained everything on Neocodex (including the Item Database and other applications) but since we're collecting so much data we decided to buy a new server which would contain only the Item Database stuff. That means we can have the forum on a separate server to the Item Database which will hopefully make the forum a bit more stable and quicker. Now we just need to connect the Item Database on the forum to the actual database on the other server.

#8 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

We used to only have one server which contained everything on Neocodex (including the Item Database and other applications) but since we're collecting so much data we decided to buy a new server which would contain only the Item Database stuff. That means we can have the forum on a separate server to the Item Database which will hopefully make the forum a bit more stable and quicker. Now we just need to connect the Item Database on the forum to the actual database on the other server.

Well said.

On another note, Hydrogen told me where his db driver script is being held, so I can help him work on it and get this out. :p

#9 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

just out of curiosity how long has it been like this? like when did the amount of data being collected become so large that you had to switch?

#10 Stryker11487

Stryker11487
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

If ever the databases get linked I'm going to quite possibly cry... :crybaby: I can't wait

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

Well said.

On another note, Hydrogen told me where his db driver script is being held, so I can help him work on it and get this out. :p

At least we haven't actually missed 4 weeks of pricing, that would be pretty bad. :p

just out of curiosity how long has it been like this? like when did the amount of data being collected become so large that you had to switch?

We handle millions of prices every month so it doesn't take long to get quite large. :p

#12 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

that's true, but either way you guys are doing a great job :) keep it up :D ps stryker i love your sig :D

#13 CyberMew

CyberMew
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:32 AM

hopefully this gets up asap... also does the neoitemsdb domain belong to you? i cant remember where i got it from some time ago.. it would be a good url shortcut to the new server

#14 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:57 AM

hopefully this gets up asap... also does the neoitemsdb domain belong to you? i cant remember where i got it from some time ago.. it would be a good url shortcut to the new server

We have quite a few domains including http://www.neoitemsdb.com and http://www.itemsdb.com. :p

#15 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:49 AM

We have quite a few domains including http://www.neoitemsdb.com and http://www.itemsdb.com. :p

Wow, I never knew o.o...

Do you have an average/live updating amount of people using abrosia and maybe in what shop how many people are abing? :p that would be interesting.

#16 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:00 AM

Wow, I never knew o.o...

Do you have an average/live updating amount of people using abrosia and maybe in what shop how many people are abing? :p that would be interesting.

A few weeks ago we were averaging around 100 active users at peak times, I'm not sure if that's changed since then though.

#17 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:38 AM

A few weeks ago we were averaging around 100 active users at peak times, I'm not sure if that's changed since then though.

Hmm, that's REALLY low compared to what I expected... do you have any stats on how many people use Abrosia over a day or similar?

Is the site being advertised?

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

Hmm, that's REALLY low compared to what I expected... do you have any stats on how many people use Abrosia over a day or similar?

You'd have to ask one of the admins to get that information.

#19 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:49 AM

The site isn't really being advertised as much as it could be. :p

#20 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

100 is indeed low :o i had expected more as well
but then again, there aren't thát many active members on the board either, so maybe it is a normal number

#21 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

100 is indeed low :o i had expected more as well
but then again, there aren't thát many active members on the board either, so maybe it is a normal number

that's what i thought too but then again just because people aren't active on the boards doesn't mean they aren't using abrosia right?

#22 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:49 AM

that's what i thought too but then again just because people aren't active on the boards doesn't mean they aren't using abrosia right?

this is true. but people who do that are DUMBBBBB. Posted Image

#23 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:35 AM

this is true. but people who do that are DUMBBBBB. Posted Image

oh i completely agree, i'm merely stating that the number of people who posts has nothing to do with the number of people who use abrosia :)

#24 Guest_Amythistle_*

Guest_Amythistle_*

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

So, just so I understand this correctly, item prices in the item database (the price listed as being sold in user stores) is not correct due to a different server? I'm just confused, because when I use the item database, it will say the item goes for a certain amount, some updated a few hours ago, but when I search the item using shop wizard, the cost is quite different. Is there a way to know updated selling values of items in neopets user shops?

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

So, just so I understand this correctly, item prices in the item database (the price listed as being sold in user stores) is not correct due to a different server? I'm just confused, because when I use the item database, it will say the item goes for a certain amount, some updated a few hours ago, but when I search the item using shop wizard, the cost is quite different. Is there a way to know updated selling values of items in neopets user shops?

This thread is from more than 4 years ago, it's not relevant any more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users