Herrrow

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Desmodius

Desmodius
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:45 AM

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd make myself a thread here to announce myself and add to the postcount (=P).

I first made my account on neopets in 2003, boy was I young back then.. Recently I've come back, and with age, gained the wisdom to see that I need to start raking in the NP and carving myself a place in the community. When I discovered this site, I realized that you guys are the exact thing I'm looking for :D.

I already used the NP generator to much success, and now I'm running Abrosia (nothing yet, although I assume results come slowly even if I'm botting), and looking forward to the delicious profits.

Neopets isn't my only interest though, I also play WoW off and on, and I like to play League of Legends as well.

If anyone has a guild or would just like to chat every now and then that'd be awesome.. I don't have any friends on neo so it gets quite lonely hehe

Anyway, that's my story. Glad to have found this community, and I look forward to getting familiar with it soon

#2 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:53 AM

Welcome to Neocodex
Is WoW fun ? Tried the trial which it gives me to play graphics exactly like the real one and it was so cartoon-ish that I quit in the 3rd or 4th day of playing

#3 Desmodius

Desmodius
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:28 AM

Well, I consider WoW fun. Moderately fun anyway.

I don't exactly understand where people come from when they complain of the 'cartoonish' graphics though, I played with all settings at max and the game looked great to me - but it may be just an acquired taste that I'm used to. Blizzard (the company that develops the game) has said countless times that the graphics are the way they are because they like them that way. They'd rather focus on making stuff look awesome than realistic.

Like all games though, at least for me, it gets boring. That's part of the reason I've taken to neopets again. The upcoming expansion may alleviate that. Actually, I'd recommend retrying the game once the expansion comes out, because they're upgrading the graphics AND drastically changing the gameplay. If you don't like it very much now, that may not hold true in a few months.

#4 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

Welcome! I started playing at a similar time to you - 2002. I miss some of the old things, like Grundo's Gym and the Meridell vs Darigan war. Is there anything you miss about the old site?

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:28 AM

welcome back :) I recently (like last year) started playing after a 6 year hiatus. And in a week I make more than I did in my two years playing legit :D

Enjoy it here :)

#6 Desmodius

Desmodius
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:31 AM

Haha! That seems to be how it's going for me too, I just got an unbuyable gourmet food item after only an hour

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:34 AM

if and when you become advanced, your profits will skyrocket once you find the right settings for you :)

#8 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:35 AM

Welcome back then ^^ think alot of people eventually return to Neopets once they started and liked it the first time :p I just started again aswell, after being gone for years

#9 Desmodius

Desmodius
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:37 AM

Becoming an advanced member seems like a daunting task.. 500 posts is a hell of a lot lol

#10 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

Not that bad.. Been here 2 days and got 100 posts without effort really. Only problem is it just feels so pointless, posting in threads you maybe dont really care about so you become advanced xD But if ur a chatter like me, youll enjoy it and have it in notime. :D gogo!

#11 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

however, we don't really people who post nothing posts. Not spam, per se, but posts that don't really add anything to the discussion.

Not against the rules, but the community might grow to dislike you :/ Just a warning

#12 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:24 AM

How are you supposed to respond when someone asks you if you got facebook. It basicly is spam just to respond yes or no :p

#13 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:27 AM

How are you supposed to respond when someone asks you if you got facebook. It basicly is spam just to respond yes or no :p

I'm not saying you :o there are many people out there who simply just say "great guide, now I know something that I didn't before"

Technically not spam, but useless.

You can also choose to simply not reply. That thread was made by that user to increase his post count, so most people don't respond.

But, I'm not a mod, so you can do what you want :p

#14 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

I'm not saying you :o there are many people out there who simply just say "great guide, now I know something that I didn't before"

Technically not spam, but useless.

You can also choose to simply not reply. That thread was made by that user to increase his post count, so most people don't respond.

But, I'm not a mod, so you can do what you want :p

Omg i really have to say things different i guess, youre the second one thinking youre offending me, or talking about me in some way xD I was just taking an example of why I find it a bit hard to know whats good or bad.
Ofcourse saying its a great guide is useless, but atleast then future users will know it works good from reading the positive comments. Also I like to appreciate it when people do something I cant and make it available for me to use :p

#15 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd make myself a thread here to announce myself and add to the postcount (=P).

I first made my account on neopets in 2003, boy was I young back then.. Recently I've come back, and with age, gained the wisdom to see that I need to start raking in the NP and carving myself a place in the community. When I discovered this site, I realized that you guys are the exact thing I'm looking for :D.

I already used the NP generator to much success, and now I'm running Abrosia (nothing yet, although I assume results come slowly even if I'm botting), and looking forward to the delicious profits.

Neopets isn't my only interest though, I also play WoW off and on, and I like to play League of Legends as well.

If anyone has a guild or would just like to chat every now and then that'd be awesome.. I don't have any friends on neo so it gets quite lonely hehe

Anyway, that's my story. Glad to have found this community, and I look forward to getting familiar with it soon

Hey welcome =) My name's Will and I'm new here too. It's pretty crazy you joined neopets the same year I did haha :funone:. And yeh Abrosia is kind of slow but you'll make great profits soon. It took me like 3 hours for my first unbuyable haha . . . I would add you in game but it's kind of risky . . . sorry =(

#16 Nonygirl

Nonygirl
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

Becoming an advanced member seems like a daunting task.. 500 posts is a hell of a lot lol

Just ask the members that get 100+ posts a day!

It's called, spamming.. and it is a no no... supposedly.

#17 Sumini

Sumini
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:04 AM

hey, welcome ^-^
500 posts aren't so hard, I thought at the beginning that I will never reach the 500 posts, but now I have over 100 posts already and so I think it goes faster than you think =P

#18 Desmodius

Desmodius
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

Wow, I go for a day and I get so many replies (and it seems an argument :p)

Thanks for the kind words everyone

Hey welcome =) My name's Will and I'm new here too. It's pretty crazy you joined neopets the same year I did haha :funone:. And yeh Abrosia is kind of slow but you'll make great profits soon. It took me like 3 hours for my first unbuyable haha . . . I would add you in game but it's kind of risky . . . sorry =(

Ahh! I just realized that we have to keep ourselves pretty anonymous when it comes to our neo accounts, haha. Odd the way that works. But I'm no stranger to rule breaking so I know how important it is to keep your identity unknown.

#19 Yumi

Yumi
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:04 AM

Hi. =p
Welcome to NeoCodex. :3 You seem like a nice person. XD hehe.
Don't forget to use Steve's Score Sender. (sLaughter) :p
It can make you nice amount of NPs too.
But don't run it with abrosia since you're most likely going to get frozen. O_o
play games + ab (at the same time) = O.O

#20 Desmodius

Desmodius
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:06 AM

I've tried to use the score sender but I can't get it to work on my computer.. says I'm missing files. And I can't seem to find a good guide on how to set it up either =(

#21 Yumi

Yumi
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:14 AM

Try downloading the library files? :o If the program isn't running..
Right click ScoreSender.exe >> properties >> Compatibility >> Disable visual themes

#22 Desmodius

Desmodius
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:35 AM

Yay, I got it to work! I had to read a bit more but I realized I needed the ascentive library files. Got them and now it works like a charm. Sending some scores as we speak :D

#23 Yumi

Yumi
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:16 AM

Awesome, and yup! ^___^
Don't forget to use proxies. :p
And yay for score sending. XD
Too bad I can't go on neo now.
I always get a connection error. z.z

#24 serdne2

serdne2
  • 28 posts