[Guide] Making A Signature For The Neoboards

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

<font size="3" face="Arial">The first part of making a NeoBoard signature is matching the colors to your avatar. In order to know what colors to use in your signature, you'll need to either use a program with n eye-dropper (photoshop, etc.) or use an add-on for Firefox. My personal favorite is https://addons.mozil...efox/addon/271/

Picking the right colors for your font is important! In general, picking cooler colors (blue, purple, grey) makes your posts seem less aggressive, because of the connotations that those colors have. On the other hand, hot/harsh colors (red, orange, neon pink) make you seem loud and bombastic. Picking colors that match your personality makes a big difference on how you are perceived on the NeoBoards.

Another integral part of font design is font faces! The most common fonts used in signatures are Tahoma, Verdana, Georgia, and Monospace.

The final part of making font/signature is deciding what to put in it! Many people opt to put their name, and maybe their favorite song lyrics or a personal motto. People also ask for lends, link to their Beauty Contest entry, or display goal progress.

This guide will be update every once in a while whenever i get a chance. If there is anything wrong with this guide please let me know so i can change it.

</font>

Edited by Redemptionist, 02 September 2011 - 04:10 PM.

#2 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Everyone needs to read this guide so they can learn that random colors and centering everything does not make your post look better.

#3 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

Everyone needs to read this guide so they can learn that random colors and centering everything does not make your post look better.

How else am I going to be unique and stand out?

#4 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:43 AM

and YOU alex shouldn't be using such a large font with small line-height because that is quite uneasy to read as well

#5 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

I AM LOUD AND BOMBASTIC. Hear me roar.

#6 Chombia

Chombia
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

I hate when people have bright yellow fonts and siggies. I want to shoot them in the face.

#7 Celestial

Celestial
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:24 AM

i think just the fact that your involving that firefox app makes this worth reading. its not as easy as going to jellyneo, but at least your posts will look nicer. what is up with the neo pen thing? what is that?

#8 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

i think just the fact that your involving that firefox app makes this worth reading. its not as easy as going to jellyneo, but at least your posts will look nicer. what is up with the neo pen thing? what is that?

You can buy a neoboard pen from the NC mall for approximately $3 US dollars.
It essentially stores whatever font and signature you choose to use.
So if you have multiple pens, you could post one time with say, a MSPP avatar/signature, and then the next post switch your avatar/signature with a simple click because you have two different sets of coding saved.

#9 Celestial

Celestial
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

oh that's pretty cool, but i think that should be free =) TNT is always trying to make money off of everyone. well thanks for the insight =)

#10 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:15 PM

oh that's pretty cool, but i think that should be free =) TNT is always trying to make money off of everyone. well thanks for the insight =)

Not a problem.
Personally I have two pens, which results in me having three different options I can switch between.
Because you have your default, your first pen, and your second pen.
Completely unnecessary but fun to tinker with all the same.

#11 Celestial

Celestial
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

does using a pen mean you have more characters for your sig. cause the ones that i've seen seem much longer than the average sig.

#12 pugbug

pugbug
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

Did you just say "The signature system is the reason I don't go on the neoboards at all. It's too much crap to go through."? CAUSE THE MEEPITS WERE EATING ME LOL

IjustlearnedBBCODE

#13 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

sigs.txt made in notepad and saved to desktops also allows you to switch between sigs quickly and easily without having to shell out any additional $ ;)

but if your like me, you dont want anything neopets related on your desktop....i keep that shit hidden in a secret folder in 'program files'. :shifty:
Anyways, I have a massive tutorial on font making made already, would i be stepping on toes if i posted it...? OH WELLZ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users