SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE - August 15, 2010

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#51 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:21 AM

Did you figure out what's causing the CPU usage? :p Was it immigrants in the pipes?

Nope, it's just generally our forum. -_- Fresh install still gives really high usage. <_<

For comparison purposes, the itemdb's automated processes takes up 2 or 3% of our total CPU while the forum takes 95%. :/

#52 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:24 AM

Nope, it's just generally our forum. -_- Fresh install still gives really high usage. <_<

For comparison purposes, the itemdb's automated processes takes up 2 or 3% of our total CPU while the forum takes 95%. :/

O_o Did you disable crons too?

#53 SimranXX

SimranXX
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

Whee I can AB now! Hey does the Kad Feeder work now?! :D

Nevermind; I just tried it still Sync times for me D; OH well!

Edited by SimranXX, 16 August 2010 - 08:26 AM.

#54 Abigail

Abigail
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

Aw, I was really hoping the kad feeder would work after this :(
I can't feed them legitly :(

#55 SimranXX

SimranXX
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

Same. Well I can feed them.... but they're too much work its either feeding kads or Abing =.=

#56 matessim

matessim
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:53 AM

Yay all is working and the kingdom is happy

#57 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

O_o Did you disable crons too?

If they're not running off of php_forum.cgi (only the forum is, I told it to via htaccess), then they don't show up as php_forum.cgi on the CPU report.... and php_forum.cgi is what is using 95% of the CPU. What do crons have to do this this?

#58 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

If they're not running off of php_forum.cgi (only the forum is, I told it to via htaccess), then they don't show up as php_forum.cgi on the CPU report.... and php_forum.cgi is what is using 95% of the CPU. What do crons have to do this this?

I wasn't sure how you were measuring the CPU usage. :p I guess our forum just sucks. :)

#59 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

I wasn't sure how you were measuring the CPU usage. :p I guess our forum just sucks. :)

Yep, it just sucks. This isn't good because we can't really optimize much except for starting to disable a bunch of board features.

#60 EzioAuditore

EzioAuditore
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

Did you figure out what's causing the CPU usage? :p Was it immigrants in the pipes?

LOL. that's funny, and I'm glad things are back to normal again.

#61 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

Yep, it just sucks. This isn't good because we can't really optimize much except for starting to disable a bunch of board features.

It must be something specific to our forum though because it can't be a widespread issue or there'd be loads of IPB users complaining about it. :/ It would be nice if they made these things easier to debug...

#62 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

Do that then, there must be some board features we don't need/use all that much

#63 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

It must be something specific to our forum though because it can't be a widespread issue or there'd be loads of IPB users complaining about it. :/ It would be nice if they made these things easier to debug...

The 500 internal server errors are probably from dreamhost is running PHP in CGI mode instead of mod_php like we've always done (loads of people are complaining about this, just on hosts with CGI php only :p), but the CPU is most likely just the amount of people visiting our site. :/

#64 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

Still Internal server error. Epic job. :)

The 500 internal server errors are probably from dreamhost is running PHP in CGI mode instead of mod_php like we've always done (loads of people are complaining about this, just on hosts with CGI php only :p), but the CPU is most likely just the amount of people visiting our site. :/

We need "solutions" not "explanations".

:(

#65 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

Ahh right, at least we know it's not a problem with our applications I guess. :/

#66 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:53 AM

Bwahahaha...They are getting everywhere =P

#67 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

Ahh right, at least we know it's not a problem with our applications I guess. :/

But if it's a problem with IPB, this is an even more serious concern :(. Dreamhost hasn't complained yet, and we're not even sure it's a problem really, but even if it isn't, there is no reason we should be eating up so much CPU time... Perhaps we should inform IPS...

#68 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:58 AM

I added two days extra to current subscriptions. If I missed a recently expired one or something, let me know and I'll look into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users