Quantcast

Photo

So the terrorists have won right?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: So the terrorists have won right?

Who got the last laugh from 9/11?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

After 9 years, it seems to me that religious extremists have successfully accomplished what they wanted in the first place. For the price of $500,0001 they've spent, we've spent $3,000,000,0002 on two wars that have produced nothing but debt. For 2,900 lives in the WTC, we've sent 5,6963 more men and women to their deaths. We've trampled on human rights with illegal wiretapping and prison abuse scandals45. This country has become a nation of fearful hatemongers who gives the government a blank check to do whatever they want as long as they keep the scary brown people away. This recent "Mosque" debate has shown that Americans are stupid enough to turn on each other rather than focus on shit that matters. If Bin Laden is still alive, he's probably in a cave somewhere laughing his ass off at the collateral damage.

---
1 http://govinfo.libra...Report_Exec.htm
2 http://www.washingto...8030702846.html
3 http://icasualties.org/iraq/index.aspx , http://icasualties.org/oef/
4 http://www.wired.com.../04/wiretaptab/
5 http://www.antiwar.c...?articleid=2444

#2 bobsauce

bobsauce
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

+1million rep.

#3 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

He probably is laughing.

The deaths are one thing, but the suffering of the families of the dead? Priceless for him.

#4 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

He's probably laughing, I'm sure.

#5 bobsauce

bobsauce
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

If any contractors find him they'll shake his hand, thank him for their wealth and then be torn between taking him down for the reward and allowing him to continue to create work for them.

#6 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:29 PM

This reminds of that first scene in Team America.

#7 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

Study: War blamed for 655,000 Iraqi deaths

October 11, 2006

War has wiped out about 655,000 Iraqis or more than 500 people a day since the U.S.-led invasion, a new study reports.

Violence including gunfire and bombs caused the majority of deaths but thousands of people died from worsening health and environmental conditions directly related to the conflict that began in 2003, U.S. and Iraqi public health researchers said.

"Since March 2003, an additional 2.5 percent of Iraq's population have died above what would have occurred without conflict," according to the survey of Iraqi households, titled "The Human Cost of the War in Iraq."The survey, being published online by British medical journal The Lancet, gives a far higher number of deaths in Iraq than other organizations.The report's release came as nearly four dozen Baghdad civilians became casualties in another day of bombs and gunfire.

source

not quiet as efficient as hitler.
but we do got alot of tree huging peacemongerers holding us back.

#8 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:42 PM

Really well written post Scot

Sucks that practically no one will read it :(

#9 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:09 PM

If this was their objective.

Sure.

Its not though. They want to kill us because its our fault their lives suck. Whatever.

It doesnt really seem to matter how much we spend. We are at 13 trillion dollars in debt, and its still all the same/

#10 Ozonewolf

Ozonewolf
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:12 PM

The yanks started this way back in the 80's and 90's with gulf war, etc. Their lives suck because they have no alternative to Taliban/ Extremeist rule or American occupation. So much for democracy.

#11 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:13 PM

The yanks started this way back in the 80's and 90's with gulf war, etc. Their lives suck because they have no alternative to Taliban/ Extremeist rule or American occupation. So much for democracy.

Please... Just go somewhere were you cant voice your opinion? Please?

#12 Ozonewolf

Ozonewolf
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:15 PM

In the nicest possible way: No

#13 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:16 PM

Wow that's insight. Nice post scot. I didn't vote. I think this is horrible and no one is a victor but both have lost tremendous amounts. I think that a life is worth more then money so i feel very bad about this all. Not just this but there is so much going on in Africa. Not just the loss of life, but impoverished life for others really saddens me as well. The acts mentioned above displaced a lot of people and definitely hurt others emotionally.

#14 Ozonewolf

Ozonewolf
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:19 PM

I lived in Africa for 2 years and in another third world country for another 2. Lots of problems, most caused by the people controlling the money, not the lack of money

#15 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:22 PM

Oh definitely. There are so many different reasons causing so many problems. :(

#16 Ozonewolf

Ozonewolf
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

I wonder what WOULD be a solution to the Afghanistan/Iraq problem? The Americans can't withdaw for obvious reasons, what would you think could be done differently?

Edited by Ozonewolf, 12 September 2010 - 11:25 PM.

#17 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:27 PM

They should really just pour tons of money into humanitarian aid there and i mean like a lot as a lot it is needed. Children are malnourished :( it so sad to see those pics :(
They can turn the military there into like humanitarian troops, they have the food, the soldiers are getting extra food. US has the money. Its something I think would be awesome. Do you think it could happen?

#18 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:29 PM

They should really just pour tons of money into humanitarian aid there and i mean like a lot as a lot it is needed. Children are malnourished :( it so sad to see those pics :(
They can turn the military there into like humanitarian troops, they have the food, the soldiers are getting extra food. US has the money. Its something I think would be awesome. Do you think it could happen?

Why the fuck should we take care of another country? So they can blow us up again.

We tried helping Them. They blew us up. Now we are going to do it again? Fuck that.

#19 Ozonewolf

Ozonewolf
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:32 PM

Well one solution does come to mind and thats the Americans training up a Middle Easterner to form government, but look what happened last time they tried that: We got Saddam.

#20 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:37 PM

They didn't blow us up. A few that share their nationality may have. I still haven't seen the solid proof, regardless however: they didn't.

One of the reasons they are in that mess is because we did it :(
Since the gulf war they've been like this. I admit there was other reasons too. But we are there and have spent so much money setting up huuuge bases with water filtration systems etc. So the stuff is already set up and could easily be used for humanitarian purposes such as hospitals. Definitely definitely hospitals.

Honestly what I think is going to happen: Americans dont care about anyone else except themselves. The first chance they get from the president or whatever I expect them to just tear down their stuff and leave. I dont expect them to even leave this stuff there so they can use it for themselves.

Well one solution does come to mind and thats the Americans training up a Middle Easterner to form government, but look what happened last time they tried that: We got Saddam.

They tried that in Afghanistan and now the drug export/rape/other things bad has worse then ever before and uncontrollable.

#21 Ozonewolf

Ozonewolf
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:39 PM

I agree completely. I think there needs to be an emphasis on negotiation rather than force. The only way you deal with people with guns from my experience is making sure they get what they want with a price.

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:42 PM

Honestly what I think is going to happen: Americans dont care about anyone else except themselves. The first chance they get from the president or whatever I expect them to just tear down their stuff and leave. I dont expect them to even leave this stuff there so they can use it for themselves.

Let just ignore all of the relief funds we have already sent there, and that we send to other place.

Over a trillion dollars sent to haiti, but whatever.

We only care about ourselves.

Besides, I dont seem them doing anything to help us.

I agree completely. I think there needs to be an emphasis on negotiation rather than force. The only way you deal with people with guns from my experience is making sure they get what they want with a price.

Or shoot them in the face and walk away. If they get what they want, they will do it again to get what they want again. Obviously.

#23 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:44 PM

Oh i was talking with respect to the arabs. Im sure we would help anyone else out. But the arab children nu uh. How much relief went there? Sorry i see how that goes as they dont care about anyone at all. But come to think of it, why did Americans send all that money to haiti and other places? I know they send billions to Israel but why other places?

Also another reason why help them out: In a fight they say the bigger man is the one who treats the threat with nicety. We be nice im sure it will change the world. We have the defensive capabilities to do it without losing a life.

#24 Ozonewolf

Ozonewolf
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:47 PM

Ohhhhhhhhh don't even get me started on Isreal!!!!!! Who the fuck thought It was a good idea to give them that land in the first place, they should have KNOWN it was going to cause major problems!!

Edited by Ozonewolf, 12 September 2010 - 11:47 PM.

#25 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:52 PM

Oh i was talking with respect to the arabs. Im sure we would help anyone else out. But the arab children nu uh. How much relief went there? Sorry i see how that goes as they dont care about anyone at all. But come to think of it, why did Americans send all that money to haiti and other places? I know they send billions to Israel but why other places?

Also another reason why help them out: In a fight they say the bigger man is the one who treats the threat with nicety. We be nice im sure it will change the world.

Basically, anyone that asks us for money, we give it to them :|. We even sent money to cuba.

People love to blame us for wars, and how uncaring we are, but they always forget the relief money both the government and our charities send to places. I love it when people bitch about american getting rich over WW2 whenever we spent trillions making sure that the European economy didn't collapse. We sent almost a trillion dollars in releif funds to both Afghanistan, and Iraq. Not to mention the billions we send to various countries in africa because things are so bad out there.

We dont even need to send that money. Its not our fault that they have such poor living conditions. We dont go around blowing up their hospitals then they build them, they simply dont build them. We give them money, but they spend it on other stuff. America didn't always have perfect healthcare systems forever, we built them up because we cared enough to.

Also another reason why help them out: In a fight they say the bigger man is the one who treats the threat with nicety. We be nice im sure it will change the world. We have the defensive capabilities to do it without losing a life.

We are nice. they blow us up because we our lives are better then there.

Before the gulf war, and after it, we sent money to Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, everywhere in that area.

They still blew us up.

America will never be seen as the good country. Its what we have to deal with.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users