Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:37 AM

I've got an award idea

The don't give a fuck the most award: Nominess - Everyone who isn't a douche

#27 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:47 AM

Well for unbuyables, I can just list whatevers on TB but usually they end up not selling ever. :/

Edit:
I'm not familiar with Neopet economy, so how would we account for inflation, overpricing, etc?

Even if there is inflation and such, the price on the trading post is what we want. We are hoping to be able to price ubs more often then just them being unpriced. So the current price is what we want.

Just go through the trading post and identify what the average price wanted is.

#28 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:24 AM

We basically take the last four prices that come in, and ignore outliers. So if the last three prices were 22k, 21k, 22k, and 25k, and then we get one for 99k, we drop that one entirely. I think right now if the price is higher then, or lower then the current price by 40%, we drop it. (We can always get more prices!). Now. After all of that work it done, we simply average the last four prices and record the price. Even if we drop a shop owner though, we add it to the list of shop owners. Who knows when someone needs that.

It's a bit more complicated than that. :p At the moment we're comfortable with how we gather buyable item prices and how we deal with outliers (very few are getting through now since we've worked on that part), we just need people to improve the unbuyable item pricing side since we can't really do that automatically very well.

#29 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:43 AM

It's a bit more complicated than that. :p At the moment we're comfortable with how we gather buyable item prices and how we deal with outliers (very few are getting through now since we've worked on that part), we just need people to improve the unbuyable item pricing side since we can't really do that automatically very well.

Dont you see how I said, "Basically"?

Sheesh.

#30 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:48 AM

Dont you see how I said, "Basically"?

Sheesh.

Yeah but that's not basically how we do it. :p

#31 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:07 AM

Georgina - For helping and being the oldest an awesome member
Boggart - Helpful
Iargue for helping us with the programs whenever a problem arises
Scot and Jessica PRBM for bringing some joy into my life and teaching us all with their awesome guides
Sweeney for being helpful with his butthurt comments. ( Well his comments were helpful, right? )
Waser Lave for helping us a lot at Lenny Conundrum and Mystery Picture
Seriously we should give some credit to Waser. Look at your User Lookup. Who got you those Lenny Conundrum and Mystery Picture trophies?
Soul__Stealer and Coilvect for helping out a lot with coding and errors.
Drakonid - Helping out by pointing out errors in the Avatarlog

Edited by Ephemeral, 24 September 2010 - 07:56 AM.

#32 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:16 PM

Hm so it looks like no go for the codies?

And maybe talk about a pricing team?

#33 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:45 PM

I hate the Codies. I never win anything.

#34 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

For the codies, if its just a plaque the novelty of it will wear off. (Also, it's probably going to be the same handful of players winning all the time).

If you wanna start a price team, I'll join I guess.
Nothing better to do with my time.

#35 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

Seriously we should give some credit to Waser. Look at your User Lookup. Who got you those Lenny Conundrum and Mystery Picture trophies?

Me, do you have any idea how much energy it takes to go all the way to the answer thread, take the answer to the page, and submit it?

Posted Image

#36 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

Me, do you have any idea how much energy it takes to go all the way to the answer thread, take the answer to the page, and submit it?

Posted Image

50 kJ? :p

#37 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

Now. We have an average of 90 users pricing throughout the day. If we havent gotten that last 13 percent, its because they are UNbuyables. So we will never see them in the shopwizard. What we need, are users to load up the trusty trading block, and price that shit out. To do this, simply go to here

http://www.neocodex.us/forum/itemdb/

Make sure Order By Price is Ascending, and then click submit. You will see things that say, "Unpriced". So, take that item, go to neopets, hunt down its price, and then come back.

When you click on the item that said unpriced, you will see this line

Click on Unpriced (It will be blue, like a link) and a sexy little box made by noit will show up. Type in the price, without commas, and press enter. BAM, now it says your price, priced by you (Rewards for your efforts). And, now our number of priced items will go up!

Thats what we need help with.

I was not aware that Scot and Twink were Georgie and PRBM.

I've come across a stumbling block... how do I fill out the security code to prove I am a human being? :p

Also: Sometimes even I get PRBM and Scot confused with one another, so I can see how someone else might make that mistake.

#38 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:54 AM

Thanks punk for pricing them!
Click search tips to figure out how to search unpriced items. Or just read here: for range just use a range from 0 to 0.

I broke the security code :(
I need sl's help to fix. :(

Ok ill talk to the guys about a ub price team.

#39 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:03 PM

Thanks punk for pricing them!
Click search tips to figure out how to search unpriced items. Or just read here: for range just use a range from 0 to 0.

I broke the security code :(
I need sl's help to fix. :(

Ok ill talk to the guys about a ub price team.

Can you not just revert back to the previous working version until you've figured out what you broke? At the moment no guests can use the Item DB...

#40 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

I have backup files but i made soooo many changes. Sl will be on any second. Like the search for is easier to use. And I added "Install to browser" and i added "search tips" and allowed the use of delimiting by use of a double quote "

#41 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:11 PM

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

codies are lame
no one ever votes

I hate the Codies. I never win anything.

yoooooo
motha fucka

#42 Kuraz

Kuraz
  • 546 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

just a question.
non-advanced members can never edit price of UB items right?:lookaround:

#43 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

just a question.
non-advanced members can never edit price of UB items right?:lookaround:

I think you have to have 500+ post as opposed to just buying a membership. (Don't quote me on that though!)

#44 RealRacingFan

RealRacingFan
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Every month, people nominate people's retarded and pointless posts. The winner with the most votes gets their username rainbowed for a month with the word "Monthly Dunce"...just an idea.

#45 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

uh oh I better tone down the sarcasm

#46 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:36 PM

But then you wont' get my codie >_<

#47 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:13 PM

Every month, people nominate people's retarded and pointless posts. The winner with the most votes gets their username rainbowed for a month with the word "Monthly Dunce"...just an idea.

Some idiot is going to try for this every month :(
Say hello to trollers.

#48 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:20 AM

I shall nominate you for the best, guy who everyone thinks is a girl because of his avatar codie.

#49 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:06 AM

I shall nominate you for the best, guy who everyone thinks is a girl because of his avatar codie.

Thank you. I will accept this without hesitation

#50 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:23 AM

I nominate
Sweeney For his oh so helpful bluntness :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users