Photo

What are some good movies?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#76 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

OHHHH. One time, The Tourist was sold out so I picked some random ass movie which turned out to be AMAZING.
Watch Unstoppable. It's about a train, but it's so fucking intense..

I really want to watch this movie, but have to wait till a good version is up for streaming :(

#77 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

I watched the Green Hornet last night in 3D.

I had low expectations so it was actually funnier than I thought -> props to Seth Rogan.

Jay Chou was alright.... but i'm sure him being starred in the movie helped sell tickets because there were tons of Asians at the showing.

Would recommend if you're going to the movies, but don't watch it in 3D (not many scenes really were in 3D)

Wanna watch Green Hornet soon! Actually I don't think 3D movies are worth paying for. Cause most of the movie usually aren't in 3D. Even animated movies. I don't really get the whole who-ha about 3D movies. Waste of money.

#78 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:06 PM

Wanna watch Green Hornet soon! Actually I don't think 3D movies are worth paying for. Cause most of the movie usually aren't in 3D. Even animated movies. I don't really get the whole who-ha about 3D movies. Waste of money.

I find that the animated movies made for Real3D are worth it because theres many more special effects.

For green hornet, if you take off the glasses, the reg film print is blurry, but it doesn't look like 3D (things popping out) -> just more defined

Plus when it comes out on dvd, there's no real option to watch in in 3D haha... I would've stuck with a regular showing but it was all sold out and had to pay the $3 bucks more lol

#79 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

Me too. It looks ultra exciting. Although, from the ADs, it seems Jay Chou doesn't even talk that much - probably because he's not uber with English. Still, would have been glad to hear him more. It looks like the other guy is the only one doing most of the talking. xD

As for 3D, depends on the movie though. Avatar was worth the 3D, but some cartoons like Despicable Me, not so much.

Edited by Patapon, 19 January 2011 - 11:20 PM.

#80 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

Yeahhhh, looks more defined, but still, the things popping out, is only a LIL bit. Watched it once, and that is my LAST time. I feel cheated even if it is only a few bucks more. But come on.. A few bucks is a meal. LOL! Sorry, allowance kinda little, so need to save where ever possible, movie is a once in a blue moon kinda thing.

I realllllyyyyy like Jay Chou, I want to hear him speak English more too! My Chinese sucks to the max, so can't really listen to his songs, so would much rather listen to him speaking English. xD

#81 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

Yeahhhh, looks more defined, but still, the things popping out, is only a LIL bit. Watched it once, and that is my LAST time. I feel cheated even if it is only a few bucks more. But come on.. A few bucks is a meal. LOL! Sorry, allowance kinda little, so need to save where ever possible, movie is a once in a blue moon kinda thing.

I realllllyyyyy like Jay Chou, I want to hear him speak English more too! My Chinese sucks to the max, so can't really listen to his songs, so would much rather listen to him speaking English. xD

I think we did a god job. I mean obviously his english wasn't perfect but I felt he really got into the role..

His stardom probably sold more tickets than any other actor in the movie!

#82 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:06 PM

I think we did a god job. I mean obviously his english wasn't perfect but I felt he really got into the role..

His stardom probably sold more tickets than any other actor in the movie!

Yeah, I think his stardom brought in the bucks for the movie. He even had a short commercial of him promoting and asking fans to watch his movie on my local channel, which most probably meant hell load of other countries too I guess. I think majority of the peeps in the theater came to watch HIM. LOL!

#83 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:40 AM

Getting really into French Horror movies, so check these out!
- High Tension
- Inside
- Martyrs

And, not French, but from the great Takashi Miike,
- EXTE: Hair Extensions

Oh oh! (Sorry, having a bit of a marathon lately... )

You hated her in Juno, she blew in X-Men 3, but here's a role that will actually make you respect Ellen Page!
- Hard Candy

#84 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

Watched Burlesque last night, AWESOME! Can't tell Christina Aguilera actually gave birth, her figure is so, WOW.

#85 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

Me too. It looks ultra exciting. Although, from the ADs, it seems Jay Chou doesn't even talk that much - probably because he's not uber with English. Still, would have been glad to hear him more. It looks like the other guy is the only one doing most of the talking. xD

As for 3D, depends on the movie though. Avatar was worth the 3D, but some cartoons like Despicable Me, not so much.

I felt his lack of fluent english added more to the hilarity and to his character. I thought it was pretty entertaining, and an okay movie overall. It had its funny moments but it fell flat a lot of times too. If you really wanna pay the extra 3 bucks for the 3D (or if it doesn't annoy you), then by all means go for it.

3D (aside from Avatar) annoys the shit out of me =/

#86 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:45 PM

It was kinda funny, I went with a friend who would never pay for 3D movies b/c it cost more -> but this time he had no choice b/c it was for a friends birthday.

After the 3D movie he felt nauseous and told us he felt like throwing up =p

#87 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:56 PM

It was kinda funny, I went with a friend who would never pay for 3D movies b/c it cost more -> but this time he had no choice b/c it was for a friends birthday.

After the 3D movie he felt nauseous and told us he felt like throwing up =p

Does he wear glasses/light allergy? I wear glasses myself and I always come out with a headache. It's not killer - at least not as bad as the days when the glasses were paper - but it seems to affect me more than my friends who don't wear glasses.

#88 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

Does he wear glasses/light allergy? I wear glasses myself and I always come out with a headache. It's not killer - at least not as bad as the days when the glasses were paper - but it seems to affect me more than my friends who don't wear glasses.

contacts, no allergies.

Sometimes i forget to wear my contacts and just have glasses - never had a problem.

Ohh man I remember the old school paper ones, with one lens red and the other blue haha

#89 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:09 AM

neopets books!

I don't like you very much. Guys, do we have another fucking troll on our hands?

#90 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:14 AM

yep.... i reckons we do..... *brings out the pitchfork and flaming torches*

#91 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

yep.... i reckons we do..... *brings out the pitchfork and flaming torches*

*cracks knuckles* Time to flame some ass.

#92 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:20 AM

*cracks knuckles* Time to flame some ass.

Me likes your way of thinking haha ;) anyways... must stop otherwise we'll go off topic.... lol

#93 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:22 AM

Oh right. Uh... Go watch... Don't Tempt Me. It's in Spanish and it's fun. And:

Cold Souls and...
Y Tu Madre Tambien

Do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users