The Iron Thread

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#26 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

taking 5k IU every 3 days ( this is without sunlight or the multi and milk)

should i up it to 1 day? XD how are the effects so far? Do you feel more happy?

also where is ur multi vitamin?

Multis are stupid. Low bioavailability means you're paying for expensive urine

Honestly I haven't noticed anything on or off it but if it reduces my odds of getting cancer I'm all for it

#27 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

I can bench a million weight things.
Totally.

I've never understood the urge to compare such an arbitrary statistic o.o

Says the guy who prefers all brains over brawns. DUHHHHH.

I'll come back to this thread when I'm working out again next year. If you want to know what I can do, look at some weight threads from last year, other than pushups everyday since then I haven't done anything.

#28 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

Says the guy who prefers all brains over brawns. DUHHHHH.

I'll come back to this thread when I'm working out again next year. If you want to know what I can do, look at some weight threads from last year, other than pushups everyday since then I haven't done anything.

How come you stopped? Injury or busy with school/work/gf/friends? Or gym price = too great?

My gym price jumped 5 bucks a month last month.. I can barely afford it with school now. <_<

#29 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

Well I'll share some of my tips I use.

Good stuff! Although I slightly disagree with the schedule, because focusing on a location on your body could cause you to be fatiqued for your next work out.

I.e. doing you arms + shoulders then doing chest and calves the next session. the arms and shoulders are key for stability in many chest movements. that being said, its important to have a good plan that maximizes efficiency

Day 1 - Chest + calves

Day 2 - back + abs + obliques

day 3 - biceps triceps

day 4- hams-quads- calves

day 5 - shoulders abs + obliques

I choose to rest on the weekends because i dont like being sore when im out with my friends. abs, obliques and calves are very stubborn muscles so I tend to do them twice a week.

#30 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

How come you stopped? Injury or busy with school/work/gf/friends? Or gym price = too great?

My gym price jumped 5 bucks a month last month.. I can barely afford it with school now. <_<

I was getting in free just last semester since I was still in high school and now the best gym which is right beside me is $480 a year. I just recently quit my job so it's not something I want to pay for just yet, I plan on applying for the military in April though so I have to work up something quick.

My brother goes to the college where this gym is at and the membership price is greatly reduced for those students (something like $50) so I'm going to try to bum off him. He's 6 years older, 5 inches shorter and 30 lbs lighter however... lol.

#31 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

Multis are stupid. Low bioavailability means you're paying for expensive urine

Honestly I haven't noticed anything on or off it but if it reduces my odds of getting cancer I'm all for it

you can always shoot for a more respected brand. besides its not that expensive to be just taking it as an insurance you're geting all the minerals and vitamins you need

#32 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:25 PM

I was getting in free just last semester since I was still in high school and now the best gym which is right beside me is $480 a year. I just recently quit my job so it's not something I want to pay for just yet, I plan on applying for the military in April though so I have to work up something quick.

My brother goes to the college where this gym is at and the membership price is greatly reduced for those students (something like $50) so I'm going to try to bum off him. He's 6 years older, 5 inches shorter and 30 lbs lighter however... lol.

Ah lol :p
My college gym is free, but it SUCKS.. only good thing to work there is arms lol

Also I agree Peon, with calves and abs, I find myself working them almost every day.

#33 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:25 PM

480 a year?!?!?!?!?

yeah i got a campus membership 25 a semester yeah!!

do you live in BC by any chance

#34 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

My college gym is free, but it SUCKS.. only good thing to work there is arms lol

Fair enough but I mean I would rather a shit gym then just push ups lol. I don't really work out my legs anyways, I bike daily in the summer so hopefully it makes up for it.

480 a year?!?!?!?!?

yeah i got a campus membership 25 a semester yeah!!

do you live in BC by any chance

Barrie, Ontario... it's really expensive because they really only want students to use their equipment I suppose.

Edited by Jake, 06 December 2010 - 04:27 PM.

#35 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

a lot of people hate the campus facilities but it's cheap and it has multiple squat racks, huge weight set, a lot of bench stations and a zillion tread mills. ( theres a corner where you have all the machines but most of the respectable members use free weights and the barbells)

also, do you guys prefer machines or free weights
?

#36 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

you can always shoot for a more respected brand. besides its not that expensive to be just taking it as an insurance you're geting all the minerals and vitamins you need

You aren't getting all the minerals and vitamins you need. You're peeing out 99% of it while throwing away money. You'd be better off having 1 random fruit or vegetable a day instead

free weights>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>machines

#37 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

a lot of people hate the campus facilities but it's cheap and it has multiple squat racks, huge weight set, a lot of bench stations and a zillion tread mills. ( theres a corner where you have all the machines but most of the respectable members use free weights and the barbells)

?

Deff. Free weights, specially if you're in sports, the added stability really helps. Yea my college gym has one squat rack that is also used as a bench station lol.

Dang Jake you live just a few hours from me lol

#38 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

?

Machines generally unless if I can do the free weights without a spotter. I prefer to stick to myself during weight training, I listen to music during it as well.

Deff. Free weights, specially if you're in sports, the added stability really helps. Yea my college gym has one squat rack that is also used as a bench station lol.

I'm guessing you live in Toronto? I lived there until I was 10.

Edited by Jake, 06 December 2010 - 04:31 PM.

#39 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

You aren't getting all the minerals and vitamins you need. You're peeing out 99% of it while throwing away money. You'd be better off having 1 random fruit or vegetable a day instead

free weights>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>machines

im sure theres assumptions you're making such as the actual bioavailabity of the product. besides many people can be pissing out extra because their body has aleady consumed all it needs, not because the bioavailabity is shot.

And besides some people find it hard to fill their diet with fruits and vegetables! A multi vitamin is something i always believed to be key in growth insurance.

ahaahaha that must be terrible! although my plan only calls for incline barbell , i use flat bench dumbbells

Edited by PeonYourLawn, 06 December 2010 - 04:34 PM.

#40 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

A multi vitamin is something i always believed to be key in growth insurance.

Could you elaborate please?

#41 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

I'm 5'2 and barely benching 80 right now.. thats like a few weights plus the bar.
Protein powder and superpump does the job?

As I said, I maxed 195 today touch to chest. I'm 5'9" so it works for me.

#42 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

Could you elaborate please?

you can never really tell what your body needs in exact amounts, or if it is growing at all. however when we're old it's very easy to tell what we were lacking. i do myself the favour and just take the multis so that my body can take what it needs and i can maximize my growth

#43 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

I'm 5'2 and barely benching 80 right now.. thats like a few weights plus the bar.

Protein powder will help for sure, just make sure you keep your normal healthy real meals intact, and add the protein. Also, superpump does help some people, but for me personally it made me feel really really sick :p Just keep at it

And I don't live in Toronto, a few hours in the opposite direction :p small city, compared to Toronto anyway lol

#44 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

Where can I get these nootropics :p ?

Protein powder will help for sure, just make sure you keep your normal healthy real meals intact, and add the protein. Also, superpump does help some people, but for me personally it made me feel really really sick :p Just keep at it

And I don't live in Toronto, a few hours in the opposite direction :p small city, compared to Toronto anyway lol

What he said.

But remember, the key to getting more lifts is hard work. The protein is necessary but the consistent work is really what is key.

#45 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

How about superpump? I heard that stuff gets you energy burst almost like a steroid like experience but not really?

Where can I get these nootropics :p ?

What he said.

But remember, the key to getting more lifts is hard work. The protein is necessary but the consistent work is really what is key.

#46 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

How about superpump? I heard that stuff gets you energy burst almost like a steroid like experience but not really?

Well, first off, anabolic and androgenic steroids don't really give an energy boost. They allow the user's body to recover more quickly. It increases the production of hormones as well. They allow you to get bigger and recover quickly so you can work out stronger and harder.

Superpump 250 is an NO booster. It gives you an energy boosts and gives your muscles a feeling of the pump you get when you're lifting. It is a huge energy increase, sometimes even jittery energy. It definitely allows you to get pumped and lift harder during the workout. Studies on pre-workouts are pretty inconclusive though. They could be pretty bad for you.

#47 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:28 PM

Well, first off, anabolic and androgenic steroids don't really give an energy boost. They allow the user's body to recover more quickly. It increases the production of hormones as well. They allow you to get bigger and recover quickly so you can work out stronger and harder.

Superpump 250 is an NO booster. It gives you an energy boosts and gives your muscles a feeling of the pump you get when you're lifting. It is a huge energy increase, sometimes even jittery energy. It definitely allows you to get pumped and lift harder during the workout. Studies on pre-workouts are pretty inconclusive though. They could be pretty bad for you.

exactly that
specifically its the l-arginine, beta alanine, caffiene and the 1,3-dimethyl amine in pwo's that really give us the vascular pumps. although users have really felt a crash afterwards due to the 1,3-dimethylamylamine

haha perhaps u tried the magnesium heavy old version :p of superpump 250. that caused u to take superdumps

i dont use pre-wo either but my friend really got me to buy a tub of jack3d on sale...i used one scoop so far to study

xd

#48 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

I looove pre workout :D

#49 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

Musclepharm assault is apparently a great pre-workout too according to my buddy.

I'm gonna be building a new stack over Christmas break I think.

#50 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

Yea a friend of mine is taking that, he likes it. I just bought 3 more bottles of jack3d so I'm good for a while :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users