Photo

The Iron Thread

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#76 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:04 PM

Got stuck with the weight on my chest benching today :( didn't have a spot and thought I could get one more rep.. nope.. embarrassing lol

#77 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

Got stuck with the weight on my chest benching today :( didn't have a spot and thought I could get one more rep.. nope.. embarrassing lol

That happened to me once lol. Had to have one of those guys that only curls/bench presses rescue me. New found respect for bros after that

#78 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

i laughed hard once while squatting and i fell on my ass. my friend came over to lift one side of the barbell...needless to say it tipped over my shoulders and made a huge bang when it topped over

#79 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

I did 8 sets of 20counts planks, and then proceeded to immediately jog on the threadmill. about 2mins later or so I tripped and banged my head on the control panel. >_>. Thank god it was 6:30am in the morning and there were only like 2 people in the gym.

#80 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

xD, I had an unfortunate treadmill accident a few years ago, never trusted myself to go on one again since. I forgot I was running and randomly stopped, preceded to fly off, scrape my leg pretty bad, got up walked away pretending like nothing happened while everyone in the gym was looking at me, and went to get a drink.

And ya I'm sure glad that guy was there to lift it off my chest :p He was with a cute girl though so I was kinda embarrassed.. he kinda looked at me while it was on my chest, I nodded and said "how's it going" and he ran over and lifted it off lmao

#81 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

xD, I had an unfortunate treadmill accident a few years ago, never trusted myself to go on one again since. I forgot I was running and randomly stopped, preceded to fly off, scrape my leg pretty bad, got up walked away pretending like nothing happened while everyone in the gym was looking at me, and went to get a drink.

And ya I'm sure glad that guy was there to lift it off my chest :p He was with a cute girl though so I was kinda embarrassed.. he kinda looked at me while it was on my chest, I nodded and said "how's it going" and he ran over and lifted it off lmao

LOL, walk it off walk it off

#82 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:23 PM

How did you forget you were running?

#83 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

I suspect eye candy walked by and he " forgot" he was running :)

HAHAHAHA in fact I can totally see that in a TNA/lululemon commercial or something.

#84 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

How did you forget you were running?

Good question, I guess I'm just not meant to run on treadmills, when I run my mind wanders, and sometimes I randomly take a break to think about what I was thinking about? O_o I don't know I like running in the bush better lol

Speaking of eye candy though, DANG, the ladies in the gym lately... :drool:

#85 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

Good question, I guess I'm just not meant to run on treadmills, when I run my mind wanders, and sometimes I randomly take a break to think about what I was thinking about? O_o I don't know I like running in the bush better lol

I start running towards the sides when my mind starts wandering off >_>

#86 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:30 PM

HAHAHA MAN i just love girls who workout in leggings and sweats

i worked at the beach this summer on the patio ON THE BEACH AND O MY LORD every day was just endorphins endorphins

#87 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

Running on treadmills sucks.
Run outside.

#88 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

Running on treadmills sucks.
Run outside.

Sun sucks D:

#89 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

better to just lift hard and avoid all the running with a good diet

i used to run a lot. but ive totally stopped now

#90 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

Running is legit makes me feel greeaat! Specially important if you play a lot of sports. Right now I'm not running though because I'd be burning way too many calories but once I gain some weight back I'm definitely going to start again :D

#91 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

Sun sucks D:

Being tan makes you look more cut ;)

better to just lift hard and avoid all the running with a good diet

i used to run a lot. but ive totally stopped now

I ran track, so I run no where near what I used to.
Running is essential for cutting phases IMO.

Running is legit makes me feel greeaat! Specially important if you play a lot of sports. Right now I'm not running though because I'd be burning way too many calories but once I gain some weight back I'm definitely going to start again :D

Agreed. Running makes me feel amazing! It provides a sweat that you can't get with weights.
Plus, it's fun to run in the summer and get a nice tan.

I don't run now because of the calories either :p Soon enough I will be back on my running routine again.

#92 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:05 PM

Curling those 5 pounds to define the bicep :rolleyes:

#93 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

Curling those 5 pounds to define the bicep :rolleyes:

just do like 20+ reps and you'll really spot tone your bicepts

#94 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:23 PM

Also, consistency! Gotta do it everyday!

#95 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

First real time back in the gym after I pulled a muscle in my back.

Weights were weak. Still...

Posted Image

#96 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

Also, consistency! Gotta do it everyday!

every 2nd day!

#97 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:29 PM

every 2nd day!

Depends of what do you want.
For musle mass I think it's better training a part every second day, but do it daily.
For example, one day the lower part of the body and the next one the upper part.
(... and of your free time)

#98 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

Depends of what do you want.
For musle mass I think it's better training a part every second day, but do it daily.
For example, one day the lower part of the body and the next one the upper part.
(... and of your free time)

Oh it's good to give the muscle rest regardless of what style you're doing it in I believe!
But activities like running could be done everyday

#99 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

Oh it's good to give the muscle rest regardless of what style you're doing it in I believe!
But activities like running could be done everyday

Yeah especially if you are in a strength/hypertrophy based program where the energy levels of your muscles need at least a day to a week between work outs. That is, it really depends on the diet. If you have a high carbohydrate based diet and your body is very sensitive to insulin, you could workout everyday. But regardless proper nutrition and recovery are key in any routine

#100 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

Yeah especially if you are in a strength/hypertrophy based program where the energy levels of your muscles need at least a day to a week between work outs. That is, it really depends on the diet. If you have a high carbohydrate based diet and your body is very sensitive to insulin, you could workout everyday. But regardless proper nutrition and recovery are key in any routine

Aren't you aiming to be a nutritionist?

But yea don't eat too much carbs and I'll be sticking to my 5 pound work outs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users